Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

so much for cruising ft wayne...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so much for cruising ft wayne...

Ugh..when did the cops here become such *********??? me and my friend (he has a cammed 99 Z) were at the corner of Lima and Colusium talking at the light...it goes green and we go (not racing...driving normal)...well he wanted to turn to meet his bro at chucky cheese so he goosed it a lil bit (which in a cammed/long tube car is quite loud) well lo and behold i see a city cop whip it around lights ablaze...ok Im thinking hes gonna get a ticket for loud exhaust right...no he gets arrested...

******* ARRESTED...TAKEN TO JAIL, CAR IMPOUNDED ARRESTED...

he was taken in on charges of 'trying to engage a speed contest" wouldnt i have to be getting on it for it to be a contest?...I didnt get pulled over or anything (cop didnt even say a word to me...but he told my friend he saw that i didnt "engage in the contest" so thats why they didnt do anything to me...personally i think this is all bullshit.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Import Patrol

I had something similar happen to me twice in chicago.

3yrs ago, me and another red ws6 were at the light of archer and cicero ave, we both goosed it a little to about 35mph, And we both get nailed. The screwed up part is I have a mi driving lic and he had a in lic. I get handcuffed and put in the squad, luckily I had a passanger and the police let him follow the squad to the station, got out with an i bond. It was cool to see my car club following the squad (4 ta's and 2 camaro's). Got booked for drag racing. Got a $150 fine, 4hr traffic school and 6mon supervison.

2yrs ago, exact same interection, its a 3 lanes wide that go into 2 lanes, Its me in my ta, and 2 other ta's (club members) My buddy Joe just got the SLP loudmouth put on. so he reved it up a little, and we pull into a parking lot a 1/2 a block away. Next thing I know 2 under cover squads whip in the parking lot and said he is busting all of us for drag racing> I starting telling him he was wrong (bad move) start talking **** to us and had us take out windshield banners off, and he was talking about arresting all of us. But he got a call that someone was shot a block away and he had to leave, got lucky in a bad way>

Well thats my story, sorry it turned into a novel. Chicago can be *** holes
Old 08-07-2005, 09:29 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

yup cops around here suck, since when do you get a ticket on the highway for 69 in a 55 when a cop is tailgating you like an *******. I move to the right to be nice and let the guy go, but no officer ******** needs to throw his lights on and get me a ticket and bitch about my side windows being mildly tinted.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

that sucks, i head about that. Im from fort wayne but live in indy now. If i was your friend i would try to fight it. how fast did he get going if he didn't break the speed limit or spin out there is not much they can do, since they didn't give him a ticket for the loud exhaust.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

well he just gassed it in first so im guessing 35-45 area (speed limit is 40)...plus the cop was behind us and facing the opposite direction when it happened so there was zero chance he clocked him speeding.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

glad i didnt go cruising friday night now. i would get a lawyer for sure. i would demand the video tape that shows the infraction.
cops are such dicks
Old 08-07-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

tell him to fight it, they were just trying to scare everyone that hangs out at halls.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

unless they have rear mounted cameras there wouldnt be any tape that would show anything
Old 08-07-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

unless they have rear mounted cameras there wouldnt be any tape that would show anything
Exactly lack of evidence. Good thing for the bill of rights. Innocent untill proven guilty. Tell him to fight the Son of the B**ches. Odds are in his favor the cops won't show up to court anyway.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Brandon have him fight that. There is no proof of the charges.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like you guys have a bunch of ****'s around.... how bad is the ricer crowd?

The regular cruising strips here are at times heavily patrolled, but I have never seen anyone get in any kind of trouble for goosing it.... just when they are all out racing, and that happens a lot.

Once I was racing a old Chevy Malibu in my cousins 99 WS6, and we were approaching a bunch of cops at a steak out point, we werent going very fast at all... 50-60 in a empty 45mph speed zone.... they flashed their lights and shone their flood lights and said slow down.... didnt even make us stop. That was about two years ago though.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Import Patrol

Thats whats great about chicago cops, talk alot of **** and give alot t=of threats. And it's even worse when you run from then and get caught. Got ripped out of the car slammed against the car, was told they are going to impound my car but
leave the car outside of the impound yard so the ******* can pick at it
so the cops said. But the cops are just apart of the rush of street racing.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Plain and simple, some people dont deserve that badge they wear because they wear it without honor.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,199 Likes on 770 Posts

Most of the time Chicago Narcs will just chew you out. Screwing around there (archer/cicero) in what is probably a 25-30mph zone is not what I would call a clever idea. I used to do stuff like that too. Busy interection, I always see cops there.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Junkie

it is a very busy intersection, and yes there are a lot of ricers around that part that rev their motors or give it a little gas. they were just trying ot scare you and the rest of the people driving on colusium blvd.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The import crowd has given Fort Wayne cops some problems, but the cops don't normally hassle the Detroit iron crowd. Its too bad to see this happen to you guys. Bob
Old 08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

He ended up getting off with a defferal somehow...im thinking the PA realized just how much of a bullshit situation it was

Bob...you guys built the car...his name is Josh Grote (its a black 99 z28 with the factory gfx)
Old 08-11-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

I had something similar to me almost happen. I was out cruising around, the saturday night everyone was at Napa on coliseum. Just down the road from NAPA by the gas station, a friend in a supercharged vette and a yellow Z06 (NOT GIVEN NAMES LOL) Decided to race,I know its a stupid idea but we had been talken about how from that light to napa was a perfect 1/4 mile lol anyways a buddy in another black Supercharged Trans Am gives it a lil gas and I decide to give it a lil gas no goin crazy though, Well, the one time since i have owned the car, I miss 3rd for some reason, and thank god i did, by that time i see the cop, i shot over into my righthand lane and pull into Napa. I got out, and the cop had the yellow Z06. Cop came down and said he couldnt idenify anyone since we all were talken in a group. I got out of there, the yellow Z06 got impounded,arrested and sent to jail. So yeah Cruising in the Fort SUCKS!!!
peace rob
Old 08-12-2005, 07:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alucard
He ended up getting off with a defferal somehow...im thinking the PA realized just how much of a bullshit situation it was

Bob...you guys built the car...his name is Josh Grote (its a black 99 z28 with the factory gfx)
Yeas, I know Josh. The same thing just happened to Josh and Holly that works for me, although it was in Decatur. Luckily she knew the cop! Bob
Old 08-12-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

two weeks ago a black, stalled 05 gto and i ran pretty hard right in front of hall's. i guess i was stupid lucky. no more of that crap for me. i know a nice little spot off of 37 that is the perfect place to play.
justin

Quick Reply: so much for cruising ft wayne...