Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

IL Hunters

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the challenge in killing the deer? Killing something/someone that knows how to fight back; that seems more sporting.
And by the way, you guys just sound so stupid.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by Antagonist
Where is the challenge in killing the deer? Killing something/someone that knows how to fight back; that seems more sporting.

Lets see here...............whats the challenge? Well they hear, smell, run, see, and etc. then any man. The challenge is a few things 1) To sit in the freezing cold. Trying not to make any noise or sounds at all. When you shoot a deer and you have to track it for hours following a small blood trail and a series of broken sticks. Its not anything like shoots ducks in a bucket.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
a friend of mine went over the weekend, i dont know where, he said southern IL, he wants to go again, this time with a scope, trying to aim with those 2 notches on the gun while wearing glasses doesnt work out so well

Screw using a scope! Have you ever tryed to find a deer in your scope while its on a full blown out run. It sucks. I light using the open sites with fiber optic inserts.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

and you sound so smart kill something that fights back???lets see ??? like maybe all the turkys fighting back before thanksgiving???and all of the hams,you think the pigs just roll over & give it up???no,someone somehow kills them in there little room where they grew up interacting with humans & those same humans that have fed & sheltered them puts them to death for YOU.who & how did all the killing of these birds & pigs & what ever & put them in your local store so YOU can go buy one that is wrapped & pretty & have no remorse??????all the meat in the stores came from some kind of living animals,right??? that lived & breathed???right??? deer hunting,the challenge is that you have to slip into there world(where they live 365 days a year & it is usually pretty large) & become apart of it & get set up where you can out smart them,hopefully more than one time!!!& then be the 1 deer you are looking for!!!i do not have to kill anything when i am out,being out there with nature is just awesome!!! watching & learning what goes on out there!!! i hope & would hate to see the USA invaided,there are not to many AUDEY MURPHYS out there these days!!!!!!!!! i do not know you personelly & you have your right of free speech & opinion!!!!!!! that is what makes the world go round.i just think you need to be inlightened on a few things,as do all of us!!!all right i am done(i could go on forever haha)good luck in your world!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by heymoej
and you sound so smart kill something that fights back???lets see ??? like maybe all the turkys fighting back before thanksgiving???and all of the hams,you think the pigs just roll over & give it up???no,someone somehow kills them in there little room where they grew up interacting with humans & those same humans that have fed & sheltered them puts them to death for YOU.who & how did all the killing of these birds & pigs & what ever & put them in your local store so YOU can go buy one that is wrapped & pretty & have no remorse??????all the meat in the stores came from some kind of living animals,right??? that lived & breathed???right??? deer hunting,the challenge is that you have to slip into there world(where they live 365 days a year & it is usually pretty large) & become apart of it & get set up where you can out smart them,hopefully more than one time!!!& then be the 1 deer you are looking for!!!i do not have to kill anything when i am out,being out there with nature is just awesome!!! watching & learning what goes on out there!!! i hope & would hate to see the USA invaided,there are not to many AUDEY MURPHYS out there these days!!!!!!!!! i do not know you personelly & you have your right of free speech & opinion!!!!!!! that is what makes the world go round.i just think you need to be inlightened on a few things,as do all of us!!!all right i am done(i could go on forever haha)good luck in your world!!!

Well said. Nothing is more annoying then, listening to someone yells and bitch about hunters while they have a fat juicy hamburger in their hands.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not gonna say it again! Stop the bashing. If you don't like hunting, that's fine. This thread had nothing to do with you. If you don't like it, stay out!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4thGenCamaro
I am not gonna say it again! Stop the bashing. If you don't like hunting, that's fine. This thread had nothing to do with you. If you don't like it, stay out!
Thanks Bro.

going back to the scopes...they have their advantages and disadvantages as stated, I personally like them and will always use one.
I do not however take running shots....too much room for error.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.photoshow.net/scripts_mai...show=zWwhMVKue

My Buck is from two weekends ago (bow) real nice 2 year old 9 point
The middle one is a real nice 17 point (real good friend got it)
the one on the right is a 20 point (real good friend got it)
All from the same farm

BP
Old 11-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Import Patrol

I usually hunt with my mossberg for the most part which just has clipped on fiber optics. But my remmington 1187, I do have a scope on that. But I have a bridge on it, so I have both open sites which are fiber optics and a scope on the bridge. So I can use the scope when I am sitting and a deer comes by, and the fiber optics for when I am doing a push and a jump one.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Import Patrol

Here is a picture of the button buck that I got this past saturday, I don't have a picture of the 6 point. This is the cleanest picture I have of it. The others are alittle bloody.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
Here is a picture of the button buck that I got this past saturday, I don't have a picture of the 6 point. This is the cleanest picture I have of it. The others are alittle bloody.

nice

my pics are too large to post
Old 11-22-2005, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

just heard my cousin got a 13 point the other day, not bad for a girl eh?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by SgtB
nice

my pics are too large to post

So was this one. I had to resize it.

Well about to leave in a few hours to head back out to MI. Will be out there until sat. Hoping to get a few more to hang in the tree.

Last edited by ImportPatrolWS6; 11-22-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
So was this one. I had to resize it.

Well about to leave in a few hours to head back out to MI. Will be out there until sat. Hoping to get a few more to hang in the tree.
I do not know how to resize

anyway, good luck this weekend and keep up posted.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Teching In

I am originally from Quincy, back home for the holidays, we get a lot of people from around the country to come in deer hunting, although I dont deer hunt I know Adams and Pike counties are some of the best deer hunting in the country
Old 11-24-2005, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blacktavert
I am originally from Quincy, back home for the holidays, we get a lot of people from around the country to come in deer hunting, although I dont deer hunt I know Adams and Pike counties are some of the best deer hunting in the country
Yeah, there is a huge deer population in Pike and Adam counties.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:03 PM
I ruin the end of films...

If you're shooting a deer on the run, that means your first shot should've been better.

Two kills this year, two shots. I like to shotgun hunt like I bow hunt. Get em close as possible and never let them see you shoot. The doe I got even smelled me, but couldn't pick me out. I <3 realtree.

Also, what do you think of the new check-in setup? It'll save the state money, but you're also relying on the hunters to be honest. I know one guy who shot 3 and still has 2 permits left.

As for the treehugger, you should come out to my woods and make me stop shooting an animal that is overpopulated as it is. I've noticed a majority of the deer from this area (so. IL) are smaller than in previous years. That's due in large part to less food to eat from overpopulating. Of course, no one wants to hear THAT side of the story.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mongse
If you're shooting a deer on the run, that means your first shot should've been better.

Two kills this year, two shots. I like to shotgun hunt like I bow hunt. Get em close as possible and never let them see you shoot. The doe I got even smelled me, but couldn't pick me out. I <3 realtree.

Also, what do you think of the new check-in setup? It'll save the state money, but you're also relying on the hunters to be honest. I know one guy who shot 3 and still has 2 permits left.

As for the treehugger, you should come out to my woods and make me stop shooting an animal that is overpopulated as it is. I've noticed a majority of the deer from this area (so. IL) are smaller than in previous years. That's due in large part to less food to eat from overpopulating. Of course, no one wants to hear THAT side of the story.
yes it does rely on hunters being honest. Hopefully they will though. I did see a game warden confiscate a couple deer last weekend.

Yes they are overpopulated right now and we need to keep hunting them otherwise they will start starving to death and the deer die anyway.

As long as we keep hunting them it will keep the population governed and we will have healthy deer out there to roam arouns and we will also catch healthy deer for out dinner tables.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Scopes are for rifles and snipers. Nothing like the challange of open sights. I do not hunt anymore but I don't care that others do it. It was a relaxing experience. The killing is just not for me. I sure do like to shoot stuff though.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

open sights are fine but I am so used to shooting with a scope I just prefer it.

Quick Reply: IL Hunters