Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Legal Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005 | 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chrs1313
wreckless driving is like doing over 30mph over the speed limit, definitely not as bad as driving to fast for conditions
i really hope you are being sarcastic??
Old 12-27-2005 | 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

no i was just pointing out that you can get arrested for going 30 over the speed limit and i thought it was called reckless driving (might be wrong) but that it wasn't as bad as driving to fast for conditions. from my understanding driving to fast for condition is just a way for a cop to give you a ticket in a 45mph speed zone when you are possibly doing 40mph but it is unsafe to drive in those current conditions at 40mph, so as a result the speed limit does not factor in. thats what i thought anyways could be wrong
Old 12-27-2005 | 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chrs1313
no i was just pointing out that you can get arrested for going 30 over the speed limit and i thought it was called reckless driving (might be wrong) but that it wasn't as bad as driving to fast for conditions. from my understanding driving to fast for condition is just a way for a cop to give you a ticket in a 45mph speed zone when you are possibly doing 40mph but it is unsafe to drive in those current conditions at 40mph, so as a result the speed limit does not factor in. thats what i thought anyways could be wrong
i dont see how that would be worse, you dotn get arrested for it

as for reckless driving, i thougth that was things like, oh i dont know, driving recklessly, not so much fast, but i could be wrong.
Old 12-27-2005 | 07:10 PM
Launching!

wreckless driving is like doing over 30mph over the speed limit, definitely not as bad as driving to fast for conditions
okay when i first read that i thought he just worded it wrong and maybe he did, but now that i reread it he did say it backwards. Driving to fast for conditions is definitly not as bad as wreckless driving!
Old 12-28-2005 | 05:03 PM
Banned

Well the ****** are charging my insurance company 300$ for the sign so its gonna go up....I'm going to claim it too whats the point of having full coverage if you're afraid of it going up! If they try to scare us into fixing it ourselfs by saying it'll go up then might as well have liability! So I think my parents want me to claim it.
Old 12-28-2005 | 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1 GG
Well the ****** are charging my insurance company 300$ for the sign so its gonna go up....I'm going to claim it too whats the point of having full coverage if you're afraid of it going up! If they try to scare us into fixing it ourselfs by saying it'll go up then might as well have liability! So I think my parents want me to claim it.
it depends on your deductable and how much damage

then you have the figure out will your out of pocket cost be breater than your insurance rate hike will total in 5 years

if your gonna end up putting out more money paying for insurance over the 5 years with the hike, your better off spending the smaler amount now, and fixing it yourself.
Old 12-28-2005 | 08:28 PM
Banned

Well when my parents dmg'd the truck it BARELY went up, and its going to go up anyways since they have to "Pay" for a new stopsign....So many headaches all over an accident

Quick Reply: Legal Problems