Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK
View Poll Results: Which Friday Night Midnight Madness would you like for us to meet on?
April 28th
33.33%
June 16th
44.44%
July 21st
27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

2006 IRP Street Legal Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i was there, where you?
Old 04-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was there, you where in a gm goodwrench shirt. i talked to a dude in a silver Ta, was that you ?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:23 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BES Stroked Nova
i was there, where you?
Yep, you and I ran each other around 7:30 last night...

It was the usual "IceRP"....absolutely no traction. Even taking off at idle I was still spinning. My usual 1500 RPM launches were out of the question. "Waterbox Steve" even said they didn't prep the track at all.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Yep, you and I ran each other around 7:30 last night...

It was the usual "IceRP"....absolutely no traction. Even taking off at idle I was still spinning. My usual 1500 RPM launches were out of the question. "Waterbox Steve" even said they didn't prep the track at all.
So what did you run scott?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:05 PM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by JRracing
So what did you run scott?
Well I made four passes....nearly hit the wall on one To say there was NO TRACTION would be the understatement of the year But then again it was the first night of the year, and I don't believe the e.t. cars have run on the weekends yet due to the weather. The nice thing is this weekend is the Division 3 Event, so the alcohol cars and all the other racers will put down a lot of rubber.

The last pass was my best for the evening....a crappy 13.46 @125 mph (according to the timeslip...speed seams a little off). That 13.46 was the only time I dipped into the 13's and that was attained after I got out of the throttle twice just to get the car to hook.

I'm ready to hit Muncie or possibly US41 sometime....
Old 04-05-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

you like those 2.73's in my car.... really falls on its face, then it gets going again... not a bad run for us....you had a great light, and i had a even better one!! haha cuz LS1's are god....

Charlie
Old 04-06-2006, 06:13 AM
'Bird Director

you like those 2.73's in my car.... really falls on its face, then it gets going again... not a bad run for us....you had a great light, and i had a even better one!! haha cuz LS1's are god....

Charlie

Yeah Charlie I've been there and done that...I used to have 2.73's in my car. I made the switch to 3.73's a year ago yesterday and couldn't be happier.

Yeah, we both had great lights. That was my second best reaction time ever. My favorite part was when I drove around you at the end

If you go again next week, look me up....we'll have to run 'em again. I'm looking for that elusive 12 second pass

Scott
Old 04-06-2006, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

If I am not working on my car, I will come and watch. I'll be the referee.

But more than likely I will be in my garage trying to get my car done. It's killing me, not being done yet!
Old 04-15-2006, 08:09 AM
'Bird Director

I know I put up a poll on which night would be best to attend, but I think it would be great if we could make a point to attend this one (in addition to one of the other two nights if that is how you voted)...

http://www.irponline.com/apcm/templa...1687&zoneid=96

MIDNIGHT MADNESS AT IRP FOR THE INAUGURAL JERAMY SCHMITT MEMORIAL DRAG RACE

IRP will hold a Midnight Madness event at IRP for the Jeramy Schmitt Memorial Drag Race on Friday, April 28th. All proceeds from the night will go to the Jeramy Schmitt Memorial Scholarship fund.

Schmitt was an 18-year-old Senior at Cathedral High School when he passed suddenly on the Cathedral football field on September 20, 2005. The passing brought players from not only his Irish team but also from Danville, his hometown, and other teams to his memorial as they celebrated his spirit and love for his school.

Tim Schmitt, Jeramy’s father, hopes this event will raise money for the scholarship and celebrate his son’s life. “In all honesty there are only two things that make me happy right now, one is doing things for my other son, Josh and keeping Jeramy’s name and caring spirit out there, because that is all we have left.”

The scholarship was created to provide under privileged children an opportunity to attend Cathedral High School, they have received donations from across the country and have had support from the Bob and Tom show.

The idea to hold the memorial drag race at IRP came from Jeramy’s love of racing and attending the O’Reilly Tuesday Night Street Legal Series events. “Every Tuesday night he and his friends would get together and come to IRP,” says Tim. “He was the only one that drove a big truck to school and he loved to race against his friends in their Mustangs and Corvettes, he just loved to race and we thought this was appropriate.”

“We were approached by the Schmitt family at the beginning of the year when they inquired about holding the event,” said Mike Myslinski, director of operations at IRP. “We feel this event is a tremendous way to raise awareness of the scholarship and honor Jeramy.”

Gates will open at 4:30 with racing starting at 6:00 P. M. The night will feature a show and shine contest and a stereo contest. Cost is $15.00 to race and $7.00 for spectators.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Charlie I've been there and done that...I used to have 2.73's in my car. I made the switch to 3.73's a year ago yesterday and couldn't be happier.

Yeah, we both had great lights. That was my second best reaction time ever. My favorite part was when I drove around you at the end

If you go again next week, look me up....we'll have to run 'em again. I'm looking for that elusive 12 second pass

Scott
As long as everything goes right(never does) my car will have a Magic Stick with ported heads, So i will be looking to run some 12's with the stock stall and gears.... so look for it...lol
Old 04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
'Bird Director

As long as everything goes right(never does) my car will have a Magic Stick with ported heads, So i will be looking to run some 12's with the stock stall and gears.... so look for it...lol
Awesome! I'll keep an eye out.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, its all ready to go back together, a couple heat cycles this weekend, an oil change and i think i will take her to the track
Old 04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
'Bird Director

well, its all ready to go back together, a couple heat cycles this weekend, an oil change and i think i will take her to the track
Awesome....just don't plan on going tomorrow. It's supposed to rain

Maybe by Friday? That's the first Midnight Madness event.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

no, this friday i am going home, i got everything(i hope) to get it all done this weekend..... so maybe next tuesday.

I was really wanting to take it this friday, but i cant
Old 04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
'Bird Director

no, this friday i am going home, i got everything(i hope) to get it all done this weekend..... so maybe next tuesday.

I was really wanting to take it this friday, but i cant
I'll be out there weather-permitting next Tuesday. I'm off that whole week to help my Mom out (ankle surgery) during the day. Since I don't have to be at work the next morning, I'll be able to stay later at the track
Old 04-28-2006, 08:27 AM
'Bird Director

Anyone plan to go out to the track tonight? Gates open at 4:30 p.m. and racing starts at 6 p.m.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:15 AM
'Bird Director

Did anyone else get pics like this? There was a shop set up taking starting line pics of all the cars.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

I didn't run my car last night but I saw yours out there. Place was PACKED!! I ran my girls GTP once. Waste of $15. Alot of really nice cars out there though! How much did those pictures run?
Old 04-29-2006, 03:53 PM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by SVT WUT 7
I didn't run my car last night but I saw yours out there. Place was PACKED!! I ran my girls GTP once. Waste of $15. Alot of really nice cars out there though! How much did those pictures run?
A little pricy...$20.00 each for an 8" x 10". If you bought an 8" x 10", then poster sizes were $49.00 each.

Yes, the place was packed. Was it a Black GTP by chance?
Old 04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

A little pricy...$20.00 each for an 8" x 10". If you bought an 8" x 10", then poster sizes were $49.00 each.

Yes, the place was packed. Was it a Black GTP by chance?

No, that's Brent's GTP. It was a Medium Gulf Blue Metallic Daytona Pace Car replica. $20 isn't too bad I suppose. I'd sure like a professional picture at the track.

Quick Reply: 2006 IRP Street Legal Schedule