Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

buying headers y pipe for my new car, got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ohio people, buying headers y pipe for my new car, got some questions

hey everyone, i just got a '99 z28 m6. it already has a cat back from the previous owner, i was thinking of getting headers, y pipe and an e-cutout from GMR in ohio this summer. what headers should i get the pacesetters, flow tech, headman, or hookers, about $400 is all i can afford for headers, so i would get the corresponding y pipe. in the flow tech pic it shows a bunch of stuff i see gaskets, new bolts, and o2 extensions and some other stuff i can't ID. do all the header kits come with this stuff or would i have to buy o2 extensions and gaskets and stuff like that seperate. also do any of these headers have fitment problems like the pacesetters on lt-1's, where you have to cut a chunk out of the k member and they put "precision" hammer hits in the header tubes and y pipe to make them fit. i guess i'm basically looking for your input on buying from GMR and what of these headers you have had problems with or good luck with.

Last edited by kozak; 04-06-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Restricted User

Pacesetter kits dont come with o2 extensions so you'd need them. They do come with gaskets bolts, etc. I'd recommend pacesetter over the other brands. Flowtechs are junk, i've had them on my personal car and hated them. Pacesetters fit the best and the y-pipe bolts up nic etoo. I also havent heard anything bad about GMR, but if you want to buy from us let me know
Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

I have Pace Setter's on my car, and I LOVE them. They sound great, and once they were intalled I could already feel the difference in power...My car rev's so much faster with the headers and Lid.

Price should be roughly $374 and some change.....Look on www.Texas-speed.com
they have them in stock. You will not be dissapointed at all....You will infact need O2 extensions if you go with the race style, but the folks at TSP will help you with everything you are going to need.....

Becarefull, Modding is like that chip commercial, Once ya start ya cant stop!!

Have fun
Old 04-06-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

has anyone had fitment problems with the pacesetters? oh yeah and i want to buy a lid too.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Pacesetters as well, and the fitment is GREAT!
Very happy with them.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Joel@

Pacesetters and flowtech work and fit great. There some of the best for the price. Give us a ring for a price on what you need.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

GMR is good people
Old 04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've installed a few sets of Pacesetters myslelf and have never had a problem with them.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Launching!

I have Flowtechs and have no problems with them, they fit and for the price $500 for headers and Y-pipe and some other stuff I am happy. Plus the car put down 350+ hp with just the headers, lid and cat back (01 SS M6)