Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Cellphone company

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cellphone company

im sick of nextel's bullshit service what a good company to go with, i was thinking either verizon, cingular, or this new company called helio?? any suggestions
Old 07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear alltell is awesome in the northwestern states they just got here though. Cingular sucks just as bad as nextel. Ive been pretty happy with Tmobile since I switched from Verizon.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avalanche
I hear alltell is awesome in the northwestern states they just got here though. Cingular sucks just as bad as nextel. Ive been pretty happy with Tmobile since I switched from Verizon.
really i heard cingular wasnt that bad, i work on the north shore alot and nextel barely works anywhere i always wanna just throw the thing at a wall
Old 07-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Restricted User

Cingular here, i never lose service usually.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cingular Ive only had problems customer service wise and Verizon I loved till they sent my bill to a collections agency despite the fact that I was making payments.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i checked out alltell, cant get it here in my area.. i wanna see what this helio company is like but no body has it that i know of
Old 07-27-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The helio phones look pretty cool, They also have myspace. It's crack for attention ******.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avalanche
The helio phones look pretty cool, They also have myspace. It's crack for attention ******.
yeah they look pretty nice, but im not to sure how theyre service is... myspace haha
Old 07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

I recently switched from US Cellular to Cingular a couple months ago. For the network who claims to have the fewst dropped calls I get about 4-5 a week. Many areas I have a very low signal (1 bar) or lousy reception. This is mainly around the area I work in Schaumburg, where I need the service the most it's the worst -lol. If my employer wasen't paying the bill I would have cancelled the service after the first 2 weeks.
I had AT&T quite a few years back and seeing as how they are now joined with Cingular I can understand why the service is so horrible.
I never had a problem US Cellular in over 2 years, they seem to have the most reasonably priced plans around. It's been a long time since I've had Verizon but imo they are the best out there as far as service. Never once had a dropped call or bad reception. Thier plans just seem to be the highest priced out there.

I think alot of it has to do with the area you're in. Seems like one service works good for one person but not for another. Best bet would be to try and talk to people in the area you'll be using the phone mostly.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

I agree with the Nextel thing, I might give mine up soon too. My parents switched to Verizon and have no problems, and I have never heard anything bad about it. Nextel was sweet till Sprint took them over....F Sprint.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i went with cingular, so far it been good where i had no service with nextel i have full but nextel can kiss my ***.. sneaky bastards they told me i could suspend my phone till my contract was up in 6 months.... but forgot to mention when u suspend it ur contract suspends to.. ******** i just gonna pay 200 dollars and get out of their shitty service good for nothing if u ask me

Quick Reply: Cellphone company