Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK
View Poll Results: Am i nuts?
Your off your rocker being so obsessive and should get some meds.
3.33%
Welcome to the LS1tech support group, my name is ______ and i would like to say i'm addicted.
80.00%
I kinda understand but i don't obsess about it
16.67%
You've lost it, go get some help and get a life.
0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

What have I DONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What have I DONE!!

Ever since i got the car 3 weeks ago all i can think about in my spare time is, what should i do to it next. do i want to go h/c , full exhaust or turbo. should i work from the back of the car forward or forward back...

how do i want it to look and how do i keep it clean when i have to drive a half mile on GRAVEL, it bugs the hell out of me if its even remotely dirty.. ie light dust on it. so i find myself wiping it down every other day.

LS1tech has deffinitely helped me plan the execution of my wallet.

Just wanted to say THANKS GUYS.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Know the feelin but I usually have to replace carnage.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should tone down the crack just a tad, and then re think all of it over again. Just my two cents.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt D
I think you should tone down the crack just a tad, and then re think all of it over again. Just my two cents.

**** that. double down and get cleaning!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

I'm with you. I'll admit it. I think about my baby almost every spare second I get.

Unfortunately, when I think about it now, all I think about is all the noises it's making, what those stupid noises are, and what it's going to cost to fix it. Then I imagine true duals and a stall and it makes everything all better.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vicious.
I'm with you. I'll admit it. I think about my baby almost every spare second I get.

Unfortunately, when I think about it now, all I think about is all the noises it's making, what those stupid noises are, and what it's going to cost to fix it. Then I imagine true duals and a stall and it makes everything all better.
i totally understand that. i finally found the acursed squeak coming from the front of mine... freakin alternator.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Today I just did the 3 step cleaning and wax process and that was FUN. Car shines now. Next thing to do is put the car on jack stands and clean and polish the wheels. I am in a carshow on friday for school and I am being **** on this car.

As for your question I would start with the weak parts and then go forward with the car. say you do 12 bolt with gears and then start to move forward. Say next thing to do is suspension then after you get that worked out then you start tearing into the motor.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

I can't stop thinking about my baby. I spend money I shouldn't on it and I have huge lists of my planned mods already made out.
That's why I made my websites, so I could spend even more time thinking and talking to other's about my obsesstion.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my advice: mod the car all you want... it's fun... but don't spend outside your limits.... w/the way things are going... you build a 10 second car.... and in a few years there will likely be a car that runs faster stock for the amount of money you put into it

Also.... listen to peoples advice here..... i'm a software engineer.... never touched an engine in my life then did heads/cam on the car in 02 or 03 .... I've made alot of costly mistakes learning because I didn't spend enough time investigating mods
Old 09-03-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i'm fully aware that anything i do to this car i will not get back out of it. I doubt they will become saught after "collectors" like the 67-69 camaros are.
if thats one thing i do right is research the hell out of anything i plan on doing, hell thats half the fun to me.
right now i'm looking at getting a tb, then sub frame, new differential cover, better tranny cooler and then deciding what path i'm acutally going to take with it. decisions decisions.

**edited** well i finally read the sticky in the FI section... i'm doubting i'll go FI now, didn't realize all the extra stuff and damn does it add up fast.

if nothing else i can always put a blower on it later and not feel like i wasted money on exhaust when i have to take it off for a turbo system.

Last edited by -Freak-; 09-04-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Two words of advice are: Research, and plan.

Failure to plan, is a plan to failure.

And DON'T spend any more money that you can afford comfortably.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this problem with my car it seems to want to eat all of my income but the more it eats the faster it gets I don't understand it?

Quick Reply: What have I DONE!!