Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

US 41 Still Messed Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree with Scramblerman,every year my wife and i go to the NHRA big events. Last year it started to mist and they stopped qualifing.We sat and waited,then they raced some more.Then right before the last 2 top fuel cars it starts raining,the whole track gets wet.They wait about ten minuits and fire up the last two cars with the track wet,do a burnout,stage, and blow the tires off.They fired the last two cars intensionaly because there rain out policy is that after one complete round of Pro qualifing NO RAIN CHECKS WILL BE ISSUED!!! 100$ to watch 1 round of Qualifing BLOWS!!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they also do not have the fall NHRA event no more since they had two NHRA events now they just have the one summer one.

All 66 wants to do is make money and they only care about the big shots that like to spend money that come out there.

The orginial owners just built the dragstrip for the everyday car guy and was the owner of Winners Circle in downtown Joliet but some rich guy bought him out and that is when 66 went down hill from then on.

Tried to go to there swap meet this year and they make you drive all around the damn place and turn around and come back to just get into the nascar track get in since so many were coming in and take more than half an hour just to park and they make you park so close together in the rows in the infield of the Nascar track you cannot get out if you want to leave. My dad and me could only stay a couple of hours but they told my dad you have to park where we tell you since my dad wanted just a open spot right in front of us by a gravel exit so we can leave easy. My dad just got pissed and said you do not know how to run nothing. If we stayed we could have never got out so we left. It was packed for sure and 66 does not know how to run anything.

Tried to go to the final team demo derby of the year. On the radio it said you can buy tickets there or pre order them. Well they sold out before the show started and would not let anyone else in the show and made everyone that came all the way go home. There were alot of pissed off people that day.

Never again will I spend money to even go there anymore or bring my car there to run.

My bro took his ta there when it was stock to test and tune just to see what it ran before he did mods and the tech guy told him he cannot run it without a drive shaft safety loop. My bro was like wtf the car is stock. The guy said alright just this time.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:38 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of points I actually have some info on. RT 66 was built by a group of rich local guys. It was sold to the owner of nascar a few years ago. The original group kept a part ownership. Jim from winners circle was one of them. It was not that driver friendly from the beginning. They were still very slow, and tech was very picky. I didn't mind them being picky, but don't keep jerking people around. They have had the best track prep & safety for any track I've been to. The reason they didn't keep the fall race was they didn't think it was worth the money they made. The fall race was never as full as the spring race. They made money, but I was told they wanted to make more for the effort.

The demo derby is a track rental, I was told they have no call about anything that happens. It's a single guy who is very very arrogant and bleeds the drivers & teams because he knows they love doing it.

I had 5 spaces at the swap meet. I did not hear anything about the parking. I know last year they had a huge crowd, so maybe they were trying to pack in the cars, so they didn't run out of parking.

I was also at the Nationals on Fri. that did really suck. Again that is a track rental, and they have nothing to do with the call of running the last 2 cars. Trust me, I live 8 miles from RT 66 and before denny took over at 41 we would race there instead of RT 66. I'm no yes man of RT 66, and I have said many many times they run things in a manner I don't aggree with. We also can't rip them for things they don't control.

I for one am still waiting and hoping the new track on I-39 will get it right, driver friendly, fan friendly, good track prep, and be a safe and smoothly run place to race.