Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Minimum Wage Throwdown Thread for IL...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
Any ideas?
Theirs a book called Rich Dad poor Dad, picked it up, couldn't put it down.

Its not a get rich quick bs, changes your attitudes and perception of what is needed to become wealthy.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Second Club

I would love to read that book.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I have read those types of books. I have NO latte factor. They really work.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I beleive this applies here:

i was also in agreement.... my miss direction of pronouns after i re read my post makes all to think i was disagreeing with zz's post....my post should of been more direct and too the point other than a rant.....sorry for the confusion..... my main point was as follows..... the higher min wage the higher cost of goods and services and loss of jobs in the usa..... sorry zz if you thought i was directing that rant towards u..... the liberal left has myself so upset right now after this election that i hope the people who voted democrate realize what they done..... i think team america world police said it best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnS0Lxslbs4
Old 12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fraser@speedinc
Theirs a book called Rich Dad poor Dad, picked it up, couldn't put it down.

Its not a get rich quick bs, changes your attitudes and perception of what is needed to become wealthy.
i own that book......very good and a easy read...another is.."think and grow rich" by carnigee......anyone thinking of opening their own business needs to read this book at least 3 times......this will end all the worries about stepping out laying your ***** on the table and going for it.....
Old 12-23-2006, 06:44 AM
12 Second Club

I don't see why anyone would even settle for a minimum wage job unless they have like a bad criminal record or something. There are so many jobs that start you out at 10-11$ an hour, which isn't really rolling in the big bucks, but it is sure better than minimum wage?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:26 AM
9 Second Club

I support the minimum wage increase and I make over 60 a year with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering....The cost of living in the city is rising like crazy and the "gentrification" thats going on is just.... please explain to me how in the hell you expect for someone to maintain off $6.50 an hour when the average monthly cost of renting a modest two-bedroom apartment in the chicago area has increased by nearly 25 percent since 2000, making such units increasingly unaffordable for low-income people. An individual or family needs to earn at least $17.98 an hour or $37,400 a year, to afford the current average $935 monthly rent, including utilities. With illinois minimum wage at $6.50 an hour; a family would need nearly three people working full-time....My point is if your privilege to have been raised in a wealthly household GOD bless you there are the fortunate and the non fortunate everybody cant run to mommy and daddy and ask for a crazy lump sum of money drop out of school and work for the family business. Nobody on here I assume is RICH and its not as simple as go to college and BAM your set for life.

Last edited by 02sleeperz28; 12-24-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Minimum Wage Throwdown Thread for IL...