Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Sadam's dead

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSS
Saddam was a criminal, no doubt. However it was a mistake removing him from power.
He was acting like a stabilizing buffer in middle east, keeping Iran in check.

Once Iraq was invaded and Saddam removed, suddenly Iran's President is proceeding with nuclear program, denying hollocaust, shouting "death to americans", claiming "Israel will be wiped out soon from the map",etc....

Can USA afford another conflict in Iran ??? NO!
Saddam's Iraq was doing that for us. Iran/Iraq were constantly at war....
I agree. Saddam was no direct threat to us. Just becasue Bush wanted to **** with him to get back at him for what he did to his old man. Now the U.S. will be in Iraq for 30 years, losing more and more American lives every day.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z11375ss
This guy finally was offed in a less cruel way than he killed thousands of his countrymen. He was complicit in terrorism with Al Queda etc, and he was an all around piece of ****. One of my buddies sent me pics of human bones found at his son's torture palace, one of them a pelvis of a person about 5 years old (eaten by his personal lions). He got less than he deserved. They should've driven a hot poker up his can. Remember he was the one who tried to have Bush 1 killed while he was in Kuwait.

read up on teh al queda topic.... him and binladan HATED each other, and never got along. there are cia reports showing that iraq and sadam were not involved with terriorsim.

other wise what you mentioned is true he has killed so many its unreal
Old 12-30-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

About time. Should of fried him earlier!
Old 12-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think maybe he was good for that region. I don't think the middle east is ready for "humanitarian efforts". They are living in the 14th century with 20th century technology. Look at what was done throughout England in the middle ages, they are growing through the same thing but with planes, rockets, and guns instead of horses, spears, and swords. It's going to take the region a long time to evolve socially, and Saddam was kind of working within that social structure. It's all they understand, and it was the only effective means of control. Now the hornet's next has been knocked out of the tree, watch what happens there in the next 2-3 years, and where it spills over to. I believe this was a personal beef with Bush II, Cheney, and Rumsfeld. Rumsfeld believed so strongly Saddam had WMD's because HE was leading the private sector that sold them to him. We should have stayed on Osama's tail, and cut the head off the snake before the snake grew so many heads. Some of the things he says though have validity and we do need to be more conscious about who we have in power and what they are doing, but his means of bringing it to attention were wrong and innocent people were slaughtered. He needs to pay for that.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://pandachute.com/videos/leaked_...ing_hung_video

"leaked" video
Old 12-30-2006, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Teching In

I by no means support Saddam or any of the things he has done, but I also believe that putting him to death is going to do anything BUT solve problems. Sure, another piece of the scum of the earth is dead... but why should we celebrate when there are still so many innocents getting the shaft because of the scum that's still sitting in the head seat of our own country? Penalty of death isn't the proper way to rectify the crimes committed by these ********, all that does is give them the opportunity to escape without taking anything away from them. In Saddam's mind, he was probably smiling because he knows how much more chaos and controversy his death is going to provide.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

So why not remove the Iranian as well?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z11375ss
So why not remove the Iranian as well?
Give Bush some time, I'm sure he is on the list...
Old 12-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

damn that vid sucked
Old 12-30-2006, 08:00 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
damn that vid sucked
Im sure it's not real.

Last edited by tuff; 12-30-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

George Bush really has no idea what he's gotten the world into. Now the Shiats will fight the Sunni's...hell will break loose mark my words.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Give Bush some time, I'm sure he is on the list...
Iraq war is costing us, american taxpayers, a couple thousand dollars PER second !!!! Unleashing a war with Iran, will require more funds, and more manpower. Go to cnn.com and search "military drafting". There is a nice article on how recently US government tested a new drafting system. Coincidence ???? Maybe ...but who knows. Why would they even have a need to do something like that ? Probably won't happen because of Vietnam experience, but that just tells me that Iran might be next...

I gurantee US will not get international support. It will be an all-US forces show.

I hate US foreign policy. I'm not an anti-semite, but we're supporting Israel a little bit too much, and obviously to our disadvantage in Muslim's eyes...

Dollar, as the currency is weak as hell.
When Euro Currency was introduced 5 yrs ago it cost 0.80 eurocents per 1 US dollar. Now it's 1.37 Euro per 1 dollar. Dollar is weak, which means our national debt is increasing. That, combined with slowing real estate hints higher inflation..maybe a recession...

America needs to wake up !
If we can learn a history lesson, is that "Empires rise and fall"
Are we there yet ?
We need to take care of ourselves first, and stop being "good cowboys" trying to save the world. We help Iraqis and we're still ******* infidels ready to have our throats sliced.

The more you try to change things, the more they stay the same.

Last edited by AdamSS; 12-30-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

i'm sure something is gonna go down because of this.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:46 PM
9 Second Club

ONLY GOD can JUDGE the content of a mans character and the desires of his heart....
Old 12-31-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

i'm really ignorant to politics, and maybe thats why i really dont trust a thing our government says or does. but for all we know the u.s. got bin lauden on 9/12 and just didnt want it to be known so they could continue the 'war on terror' against saddam.

we should have really focused on ******* up al qaeda imo. the u.s. shoulda made an example of them while we still had the worlds support. instead, bush pulls a bait and switch and makes us all look like a bunch of idiot ******** to everyone.

dont get me wrong the, saddam had it coming. it pisses me off all these people talkin about his right to live and unfair trial, ****** shoulda been hung the minute they pulled him out of the hole he was hiding in.

jesus, i can hear someone on western revin till the valves float...
Old 12-31-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
ONLY GOD can JUDGE the content of a mans character and the desires of his heart....
no offense, but that meeting just got arranged now didnt it?

(man on fire reference- excellent movie)
Old 12-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Wait till the Iranian nut job (who thinks he can usher in the second coming of Allah by destroying Israel) has nukes pointed at us. Then you can start shitting your pants because this is the guy who was a leader of the kidnapping of Americans in the 70's and he is crazy enough to do something awful. Word is he has already spent like 10 million to refurbish a well Mohammed is supposed to come up from as soon as Israel is gone. He really thinks he can make this happen and is trying to RIGHT NOW!! I say off the bastard while we still have the chance.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

It saddens me that there is such a large group of people out here who seem to have short memory. The main reason we got into this was because Sadam wouldn't comply with the UN inspections. He was pretty much shitting and pissing on every UN sanction and treaty put into place. He even went to the extent of deporting the UN inspectors out of the country.

UN goes and cries saying our inspectors can't do their jobs. So we have no clue what Sadam is hiding. Now roll back the time and think about the first golf war. The guy had tons of research going into chemical and biological warfare. Some of which was tested ON LIVING HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!!!!!

So the US says, hey you guys need to get your inspectors in there, we can't afford to have this guy housing, producing, testing, or researching those types of weapons, he's a evil nut job. All this is happening and our as well as other nations intelligence communities are saying this guy has stuff. UN pussyfoots around tries to get him to let the UN inspectors in. He don't comply....... BIG F'N SURPRISE. So now what......

US has to step in because the UN is useless and can't enforce their own sanctions and treaties (yet they have their own military force). We tell Sadam he has X amount of hours to comply with UN sanctions and let the inspectors in. Sadam gives us and the rest of the world the big middle finger. Now remember this isn't that far after 9/11.

US goes to war with Iraq. Even after aerial assaults, Sadam continues to not comply. So then we bring ground forces in.

So before you guys sit and say we went to war just because Mr. Bush wanted to, umm take a look at history.

If the Bush family really wanted Sadam dead do you really think they needed to start a whole war to get it done? They have enough money to give several thousands of mercenaries money to have Sadam killed. The guy wasn't hard to track before the war.

Mike
Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 AM

a few things to point out. These statements are made because of somethings i read in the thread from diffrent people.

This war was NOT a war on terriosim like someone mentioned, it was done to free the people of iraq from the saddam regiem.

and saddam was NEVER easy to get a hold of, even when the country is not in war or in sanctiones he would always have body doubles travel the country for him , always in bullet proof cars and with about a TON of body guards. The reason he was excuted was because of what happined in 82 when he visted a town and i believe about 2 or 3 people shot at him, so what does he do? he questiones hundreads and kills 148 people of that town.

fyi. i was born in baghdad and raised there till the age of 9