Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Garage Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007 | 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

Default Garage Ideas?

I am finally buying my first house (Duplex) with a two car garage. I am pretty excited now that I can have my own car in my own garage. I live in an apartment now so I leave the TA at my Dads. Anyway, I was looking for some cool ideas for a garage look. The walls have drywall up so I wanted to paint in there and make it look nice. Maybe do something cool with the flooring too. At my dad's house we painted a set of checkers flags behind our cars which was pretty cool. He had a LS1 vette that was pretty sweet. My car is NBM and I was thinking about painting a wall in a close color or something like that. Any ideas?
Old 01-09-2007 | 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Gladiator stuff from Lowes. Looks great and helps organize everything.
Old 01-09-2007 | 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

I plan on doing a checkered flag look on my floor in red and black insted of white and black. Just an idea for you
Old 01-09-2007 | 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Maybe a checkered flag in NBM and white that would look pretty nice
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

I was thinking a flag on the wall maybe. Navy Blue and Silver would be pretty hot I'm thinking since I have a lot of silver accents on my car. Thanks for the ideas guys keep the stuff coming.
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:56 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I'd use the Ucoat it floor coating, stay away from dark colors on the floor (unless you never wrench on your car) as the darker colors make it harder to find dropped nuts and bolts. Plus lighter colors help keep the lighting better, so you can actually see better.
Old 01-09-2007 | 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Here's a pic of my new garage. Those are the Gladiator cabinets. I got them from ABT, they had the lowest price out of sears or any other online retailer. The prices have gone up some since I got mine but the quality of these cabinets is excellent. I'd call them the "Snap-On" of cabinets. They are pricey but I think worth it. I wanted to epoxy the floor but the previous owner applied some cheap epoxy and it was peeling. In order to re epoxy it I would have had to strip all the old stuff off. So, I laid self-adhesive vinyl tile from Home Depot. Believe it or not, the 23 cent a piece tile has worked beyond outstanding and looks excellent.

I've also got 1350 watts of flourescent light output, but that's another story, RPM WS6 and myself are involved in a light output war!

There's nothing like having every corner of the garage lit up though!

Old 01-09-2007 | 09:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
I've also got 1350 watts of flourescent light output, but that's another story, RPM WS6 and myself are involved in a light output war!
The war is still on!! I'm up to 1920 watts of light output in my garage, but RPM Mark has me beat in terms of light output per sqft due to the larger size of my garage. Also, his garage looks better, mine's got a basic cement floor and cheap shelves. Only nice thing are my tool chests, and of course the car.

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
Here's a pic of my new garage. Those are the Gladiator cabinets. I got them from ABT, they had the lowest price out of sears or any other online retailer. The prices have gone up some since I got mine but the quality of these cabinets is excellent. I'd call them the "Snap-On" of cabinets. They are pricey but I think worth it. I wanted to epoxy the floor but the previous owner applied some cheap epoxy and it was peeling. In order to re epoxy it I would have had to strip all the old stuff off. So, I laid self-adhesive vinyl tile from Home Depot. Believe it or not, the 23 cent a piece tile has worked beyond outstanding and looks excellent.
He is very right about his cabinets and floor, both are VERY nice in person. Once I move, my next garage will be done up nicer.

Quick Reply: Garage Ideas?