Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Outlaw= Barf

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure everyone on this board has had an encounter with bad customer service at one time in their lives. When it comes to something that you're very passionate about (such as your car), it's easy to let emotions get the best of you. Shops can be under the gun for many different situations like being the middle man on having custom work done, having to wait on parts, not wanting to be interrupted by the phone in the middle of a project, etc. Outlaw sounds like they've made corrections by hiring someone to at least answer the phone. The next step is for everyone in the shop to devote the last hour of their day to catching up on emails and phone calls. It's not too much to ask to keep the customer informed. If the shoe were on the other foot and the shop had to constantly call the customer to ask them to pay the bill, they'd demand someone call them back asap. As previously stated, the customer is usually very understanding so long as they're kept in the loop with the truth. It's all about customer service... it'll make or break a company.

As for people blasting others on a message board, it's no different than word of mouth. I'm sure you verbally complained to your friends about your fraudulant credit card charges. Same thing, only on a smaller scale. Sometimes it's the only way to get someone's attention to start dialog after hitting one dead end after another.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

hell, i cant believe it went this car. I think it was a simple thing that could have been solved and it totally got blown up. IMO its not worth it. Big deal. Just dont go there i guess and get it done by another shop and be happy. EVERY shop in the world has had a bad rap no matter how they do things. IT HAPPENS! Iv done it myself with my shop. Brush it off and move on.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:57 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by Matt D
Are you talking about FLT or FLP? Please explain as I am curious to your issues if it is FLT. Vince & Chuck are one of THE best when it comes to the 4l60e and their customer service is top notch.

It was on what dragster said.

I just don't understand some people. I have had legitimate issues with different sponsors before (and who hasn't) but I am not so quick to start **** talking on a message board. I even had a sponsor charge my debit card for purchases that were not mine, and I still dealt with it between me & them only. It seems that more and more people are looking for closure on small, stupid **** like unreturned phone calls. Grow up!
Matt, below is not a flame or attack, I have respect for ya man

HUH?

I posted that this had been going on since mid December or so. I had tons of PM's and phone calls that I made and will give them credit that they did respond very quickly to my PM's. This was not one of those one no call and then I posted things.

I REALLY got fired up when he said he told me Feb when he DID NOT!

I do not tollerate people saying they said something when they did not to make themselves look better.

I post things that do not get resolved to save others from headaches. Others have done that and saved me and others A LOT of time and money!

To me someone jerking me around is just as bad as someone taking my money.

I think I was pretty calm. If you want to see how I can get when someone takes my money or property do a search on me under thread started in the bad member feeback area LOL! I should have been smart and saved the PM's to prove I was not told.

Like what was posted above, it does not take much for everyone to spend some time returning calls.

Glad they hired a secretary but in the issue I posted about in this thread the other day where I got a very nice "we are sorry and you are right" PM back their secretary was pointless back then and I had never even heard the persons voice other then the voice mail and had only got someone on the phone once before I got my part and that was after a few ticked off voicemails over a week but that has changed since from what I hear and they are more on the ball. Again it came down to bad communication.

Outlaw can not say that I was nothing less then very patient untill now.

Matt, can you say that when that shop charged you that you did not tell ANYONE? In person or PM's?

A while back I jumped all over Chad at Greenlight for not getting back to me the day I called him when I called back someone else. Ill man up right here and now and say that I was stupid for doing that and that I am sorry. Like I said earlier, with Outlaw this had been going on for a while, not a like a day with Chad.

Sorry Chad

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 01-27-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Matt, can you say that when that shop charged you that you did not tell ANYONE? In person or PM's?
I told the person at the shop that did it & only that person. And as a matter of fact, he had charged my card more than once. Was I pissed? Yeah. Did I get all shitty with him and go on ranting on a message board about it? No. I was mature about it and emailed him and let him know what he had done.

I would hate to see what you do when someone wrongfully charges your card...
Old 01-28-2007, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i know is, outlaw is fricken awesome, did great work on my car, and they hooked me up with some decals at world of wheels, Thanks Tony!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,204 Likes on 772 Posts

Matt, charging your personal CC was an accident, and frankly an innocent mistake since you at that time worked for a shop. I am familiar with it and I don't think it's necessarily to bring it up again. I await your response.

ADMIN
Old 01-28-2007, 01:11 PM
JUICED96Z

I told the person at the shop that did it & only that person. And as a matter of fact, he had charged my card more than once. Was I pissed? Yeah. Did I get all shitty with him and go on ranting on a message board about it? No. I was mature about it and emailed him and let him know what he had done.

I would hate to see what you do when someone wrongfully charges your card...
How about when someone steals a set of wheels and money?

Do a search on me as a tread starter in the member feedback forum and have fun reading the 12+pages.....

Not much more worse then this

If a shop was charging me for no reason and I knew people that went their I would probably tell them just so they can make sure its not happening to them also
Its called looking out for people.

It seems like your the only one with a big problem on this,

Like I said, it never would have got to this untill he had the ***** to say he told me Feb. If he REALLY would have said that I never would have posted this. If I would have that would have been stupid and I would have looked like a complete idiot because its not Feb yet.

You got your money back. I lost a set of wheels and $75 bucks and others got hosed by the same guy at the same time. I was pretty calm in this thread compared to that one.

They have a sponsor feeback area for a reason. If someone was charging me for no reason you bet I would have posted it when it happend more then once. I am sure you did not get as mad as i would because maybe you just have a lot more money then most of us so its not that big of a deal? I work hard for my money (not saying you don't). If I was to get robed for $5 I would be PISSED because I worked for it. Even if I got it back. if I was chanrged once I would have stayed quiet, twice, probably would have posted to be honest!

Its like I said Matt, this had been going on since at least mid December I have lost track on the number of Pm's and phone calls I made.
Don't make it out like I called them once or twice then posted on here

Maybe yout think someone should only post when they get an engine thats shot and that should be the ONLY reason?

I know a guy on here that blew his forged crank in an engine that a BIG name f-body shop. He posted about it and it put a lot of pressure on the shop and the shop got the manufacture to replace it.

On another board a while back I got hit with really bad mod abuse. A few people saw the change to my post (to make me look like an idiot) and noticed I was logged off and this area of the forum only had one mod. A few people came forward and the site admin investigated and founf out it was true. This person lost their mod status for at least 6 months and never even said im sorry and she is a very big name in the f-body community!

Did I post about it? YES! Was I pissed? YES! But guess what, people read my post and said YEP THATS TRUE and if I never would have posted the thread of me being pissed I never would have known they saw it.

I know you are good buddies with Outlaw and thats fine, just makes you bias

I know Tony and the crew could pretty much care less about me and or what happend even theough they know they have lost a few GRAND from me and a few others on this board and thats fine. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. I DO get one people for posting stuff like this after like one phone call to a shop. This went on for a while so do I feel bad about it? Nope!

Let it die.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Matt, charging your personal CC was an accident, and frankly an innocent mistake since you at that time worked for a shop. I am familiar with it and I don't think it's necessarily to bring it up again. I await your response.

ADMIN
It happened twice John. Did I give out who it was? No! I am just saying that my situation was little more than this kid's and he is getting all pissy over it. Some people just need to grow the **** up already!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
How about when someone steals a set of wheels and money?

Do a search on me as a tread starter in the member feedback forum and have fun reading the 12+pages.....

Not much more worse then this

If a shop was charging me for no reason and I knew people that went their I would probably tell them just so they can make sure its not happening to them also
Its called looking out for people.

It seems like your the only one with a big problem on this,

Like I said, it never would have got to this untill he had the ***** to say he told me Feb. If he REALLY would have said that I never would have posted this. If I would have that would have been stupid and I would have looked like a complete idiot because its not Feb yet.

You got your money back. I lost a set of wheels and $75 bucks and others got hosed by the same guy at the same time. I was pretty calm in this thread compared to that one.

They have a sponsor feeback area for a reason. If someone was charging me for no reason you bet I would have posted it when it happend more then once. I am sure you did not get as mad as i would because maybe you just have a lot more money then most of us so its not that big of a deal? I work hard for my money (not saying you don't). If I was to get robed for $5 I would be PISSED because I worked for it. Even if I got it back. if I was chanrged once I would have stayed quiet, twice, probably would have posted to be honest!

Its like I said Matt, this had been going on since at least mid December I have lost track on the number of Pm's and phone calls I made.
Don't make it out like I called them once or twice then posted on here

Maybe yout think someone should only post when they get an engine thats shot and that should be the ONLY reason?

I know a guy on here that blew his forged crank in an engine that a BIG name f-body shop. He posted about it and it put a lot of pressure on the shop and the shop got the manufacture to replace it.

On another board a while back I got hit with really bad mod abuse. A few people saw the change to my post (to make me look like an idiot) and noticed I was logged off and this area of the forum only had one mod. A few people came forward and the site admin investigated and founf out it was true. This person lost their mod status for at least 6 months and never even said im sorry and she is a very big name in the f-body community!

Did I post about it? YES! Was I pissed? YES! But guess what, people read my post and said YEP THATS TRUE and if I never would have posted the thread of me being pissed I never would have known they saw it.

I know you are good buddies with Outlaw and thats fine, just makes you bias

I know Tony and the crew could pretty much care less about me and or what happend even theough they know they have lost a few GRAND from me and a few others on this board and thats fine. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. I DO get one people for posting stuff like this after like one phone call to a shop. This went on for a while so do I feel bad about it? Nope!

Let it die.
No it's not the same. You are ******* crying about phone calls and emails. Is your car at the ******* shop? Did they charge you anything? I didn't think so. Just because the chassis shop (not Outlaw) is taking longer than what Tony origianlly told you. I don't think it is a big deal but it obviously is to you. Yeah I make decent money and work hard for it but it still doesn't make it right what they did...twice. That was a big deal to me because it actually involved my money being taken without my permission. But I am not going to go into it because PSJ is biased towards the shop that did it to me & you say I am biased towards Outlaw, even though Straightline Performance just put my converter in my car for me a few weeks ago * I was at Dominant Motorposrts on Saturday getting my car tweaked

Last edited by Matt D; 01-28-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,204 Likes on 772 Posts

Outlaw is not currently a sponsor.

ADMIN

Quick Reply: Outlaw= Barf