Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Outlaw= Barf

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:56 AM
JUICED96Z

Default Outlaw= Barf

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...78#post6312578

Sounds like they don't like to get back to this guy either,
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/645988-outlaw-performance.html

Old 01-25-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

wow, thats all i can say.... hummmmmmmmm as i scratch my head?!?!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:50 AM
liqour enthusiest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know they have been busy with the whole world of wheels thing. im sure someone will contact you. i have never had any problems with outlaw. tony always got back to me also. im scratching my head here.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:35 AM
JUICED96Z

This started back in at least mid December.

Told them RIGHT near x-mas just to drop me a line after the first of the year.

Last time I posted in here about it I got an "Im sorry" pm from them and they said they will find out ASAP and then that was pretty much it and I just got tired of sending them PM's.

To me a shops number ONE priority should be taking care of customers with CASH in hand, NOT world of wheels/ POTENTIAL customers.

I kept my mouth shut for a long time untill I saw the other post.

I would rather them just admit their screw up(s) and be ticked that their screw up lost them money! They have tried to fix things and get back to me but it just got me more mad when they would drop the ball again. My car needs a cage+ A LOT more! Lots of money for another shop!

They said Tony or whoever was having a hard to getting ahold of the chassis guy because he is moving his shop.

KEEP CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!! untill you get him on the phone! Even over a few days I KNOW he was not busy enough to answer a call or retun one or maybe his shops customer service is just as bad as Outlaw?

There was at least one or two times they told me Tony would call me back that day because he left to get parts but he never did call back. Id call back and they would just say he did not come back to the shop or whatever. Tony not have a cell? Shop could not call him on his cell when he did not show back up and tell him to call me? The other IL shop guy called me on his cell driving (heard the exhaust). THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I knew they would forget all about me and the cage, thats what got me mad the most.

OUTLAW/Tony: Don't PM me.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 01-25-2007 at 04:51 AM.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Tonys sake I hope he gets his priorities in line. I had thousands in cash to spend with him a couple months back. I left a few phone messages and pms and emails. He would never call me back. I spoke to him a couple times in the beginning but then he fell off the face of the earth. I gave him a 2 weeks to call me back and nothing. I had to deal with another sponsor that took care of me. All parts were ordered in 1 hour. Good luck to Outlaw.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow....never heard of this from outlaw, always thought they were standup guys. whats going on here?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Launching!

I think someone from Outlaw needs to respond to clear some of this confusion up. If not they risk a tarnished reputation.

Just my opinion.

-JZ
Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

i was not aware of this till now since i just started working here this month. but from what i understand the cage builder wasnt going to be able to work on anything till mid feb or soo since he's relocating.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,204 Likes on 772 Posts

Is Tony travelling right now? He was supposed to get something over to us.

ADMIN
Old 01-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Launching!

I am in the customer service field and all I can say is this. Communication is key, not only is it key, it is essential. Most people will be ok with a delay as long as they are aware of it. In this situation it seems Tony would only have had to call his customer and relay the information. It could take as little as 30 seconds.

Just my take on this situation.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Is Tony travelling right now? He was supposed to get something over to us.

ADMIN
He's probably setting up for world of wheels
Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Tenured Member

Guys for the past month it has been mayhem with this World of Wheels, Finishing the DVD and now the DVD Release at W of Ws. Now why are we so concerned about the DVD it is because this is going into a big market so everything had to be perfect. Ask anyone that knows what is going on how crazy it is. At this point after World of Wheels we have a Secretary starting because it is out of control with the amount of phone calls we receive a day and I know alot are missed but as any shop owner knows as soon as you go to touch a tool and work on a car the phone starts ringing and with it being 2 of us here are main concern is the cars we have right now. So within the next few weeks you will hear a girls voice when they answer.

Juiced what did I explain to you from the beginning? There is nothing we can do till Feb. when he is moved into his new shop. I told you that in the 3rd or 4th PM. Its not Feb yet is it? So I'm sorry that you think we are blowing you off but we aren't but like I told you before in Mid Feb is when he will be up and running. Its worth the wait to me because the qaulity he does is beyond belief. So If I lose a customer here or there because I don't wany ANYONE to do it just to make a quick buck and not be concerned about safety then your cage would have been done along time ago.

So sorry for any of the inconvenience but still being a small shop its best to email us.

John your PMed.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was offered the secretary job but turned it down. I will not wear a black mini skirt or a shirt that that says, "Real women ride the 9 inch" I think Javier should take the job

Sorry guys, just trying to lighten up the situation. If it is anything to you, I have been waiting months for FLT to build me a transmission. They are super busy & backed up. Am I pissed, nope. I will wait for it. Sometimes when you want quality work, you have to wait a little while longer. Trust me, the chassis guy knows his **** and it is worth it.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:16 PM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by Matt D
I was offered the secretary job but turned it down. I will not wear a black mini skirt or a shirt that that says, "Real women ride the 9 inch" I think Javier should take the job

Sorry guys, just trying to lighten up the situation. If it is anything to you, I have been waiting months for FLT to build me a transmission. They are super busy & backed up. Am I pissed, nope. I will wait for it. Sometimes when you want quality work, you have to wait a little while longer. Trust me, the chassis guy knows his **** and it is worth it.
matt what are you talking about? last time i saw you there you were wearing a mini skirt and high heels.
did jake take the job instead? i know he made one hell of a hooters girl.
sorry i tried to throw some humor in there.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have no experience with Outlaw (except that my PMs were not returned when I asked for dyno tuning cost a while ago), but to me CUSTOMER COMES FIRST. Not World of Wheels, not DVDs - THE CUSTOMER !

Small shop or not, if you can't handle the load, don't commit to the work you can't get done on time...

Ultimately, I went to Finish Line Performace. I can't even remember how many times me and Dan exchanged e-mail conversations (I had really weird and inconsitent RPM fluctuations that ultimately got tracked to pinched knock sensor wire). He was always responsive, and curteous. He diagnosed my problem, gave me a price quote, fixed the car, and returned it in timely manner... That made me a happy customer, and I'll pick FLP again if needed...
Old 01-25-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I PMed tony about tuning my lt1 and he got back to me fast. So no complaints here. I had to wait 3 weeks for FLT to build my trans also, who cares. "Good things come to thoes who wait" Im a ferm believer in that. Take some advise and chill and youll get what you want. There still a fairely new shop and blowing up. Give um a brake, you should be proud that hes blowing up. That means there doign good work. Im sure OCC had missed calls when they were on discovery and blowing up! Outlaw is on a little different level but being on here and tryin to get people goin good, hes blowing up in his own way. Sit back and chill, its still winter and cold as hell. If you gotta wait a few weeks so be it.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have done business with Outlaw numerous times. No complaints at all.

When people bitch/complain or become frustrated with customer service or work time frames, please remember things:

1. There is always more then 1 side to a story.

2. also its middle to end of winter, this is the time when are shops are busy and everyones wants their car done now. Be patient

3. a shop can not possibly make every customer or potential customer happy

A busy shop is a good shop, its the empty shops you want to stay away from!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Launching!

It still comes down to communication fellas!!!!

If there is a wait say so, if you cant handle the work say so. You cant leave customers in the dark. They can, and will, take their business else where. The customer does not HAVE to do business with you.

Im not taking sides, just looking at this from the outside. If I didnt call one of my customers back I could lose you. All it takes is 20-30 minutes at the end of the day. Master communication and you will be rewarded with a profitable business.

-Jamin
Old 01-25-2007, 01:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,204 Likes on 772 Posts

No doubt. Did you guys know we have 35,000 unique IP visits a day?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Matt D
Sorry guys, just trying to lighten up the situation. If it is anything to you, I have been waiting months for FLT to build me a transmission. They are super busy & backed up. Am I pissed, nope. I will wait for it. Sometimes when you want quality work, you have to wait a little while longer. Trust me, the chassis guy knows his #### and it is worth it.
I was just over at Chuck's shop(FLT) on Tuesday he showed me his board just full of orders. The key to having people wait a while is be up front with how long its going to take and Chuck makes sure to always give himself enough time to build them right.

Quick Reply: Outlaw= Barf