Originally Posted by THEE PEWTER Z™
She started it by pinching my ***
hate to break it to you but matt was the one pinching your ***

oh yeah.....

JACOBK
Old 03-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jake, you forgot the part about when you broke down into tears after the female officer told you that it was gonna get impounded...

The truth comes out....
Old 03-17-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Most of been the center exhaust that really pissed him off. Countryside Cops dont like that sort of thing.....
Old 03-17-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

u cant have ANYTHING on the sides in illinois, i use to roll with the windows down, but the cop remembered my car and pulled me over with my windows down....and i got the ticket again!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

like i said im going to have to just avoid countryside as much as possible i guess..
Old 03-18-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
u cant have ANYTHING on the sides in illinois, i use to roll with the windows down, but the cop remembered my car and pulled me over with my windows down....and i got the ticket again!

are you serious!? thats just stupid, come on now the cop has nothing better to do!?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:25 AM
On The Tree

I got a window tint ticket in peoria and the cop said that two window tint tickets is now a misdimenor. I had only had the car three weeks. I got it in flordia where it was legal. Illinois sucks for traffic laws.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems like the car makes a big difference in if they give you a ticket or not. When I had my black SS with 15% tints and loud *** exhaust I got two tickets in a month. Switch to the vette which I've had for like 5 years and I haven't gotten one ticket or even warning for them.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, Illinois sucks, can't have the fronts tinted, Have to have a front License plate, and you can't carry a consealed weapon.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Import Patrol

I got busted in countryside a few years back for the same thing. The old white haired cop. He is usually an ***. And told me that if he see's me again, with the tints he would impound my car as well.

A friend of mine got busted in Cicero a few years back. And they were going to impound his car, unless he peeled off the tints right then and there.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I just tint the sides 30-32% now, the lightest tint that still has a point.

This summer even the Formy will have a front plate.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think when i go to my eye doctor im gonna see if they can right me a note or something for it. I mean its not like i drive with my windows up THAT often anyways. Im gonna tell my eye doctor that the sun bothers my eyes and all that, come up with something and be like i got my windows tinted on my cars so it wouldnt bother me and cause i cant drive with sunglasses on and hope she hooks me up. We will see.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JacobK
I think when i go to my eye doctor im gonna see if they can right me a note or something for it. I mean its not like i drive with my windows up THAT often anyways. Im gonna tell my eye doctor that the sun bothers my eyes and all that, come up with something and be like i got my windows tinted on my cars so it wouldnt bother me and cause i cant drive with sunglasses on and hope she hooks me up. We will see.

The eye doctor is just going to give you those big old grandpa blue blockers, then youll really want the tint. On another note, in the NW burbs everyone is tinted and they dont say anything. The only place a cop said something to me was in glenview. He didnt pull me over though. I got rear ended and as he was giving me the report he briefly mentioned it. My buddy had limo tint and lived in glenview and they were all up his *** all day. Some places are more lax about it. I know I wont be traveling to the south burbs in my car.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NassyVette
Seems like the car makes a big difference in if they give you a ticket or not. When I had my black SS with 15% tints and loud *** exhaust I got two tickets in a month. Switch to the vette which I've had for like 5 years and I haven't gotten one ticket or even warning for them.
Yes, that's the thing. Driving around in Naperville, I'd be willing to bet that 1 in 50 cars has their windows tinted. The dealerships on Ogden are selkling cars on the lot with tinted windows. I doubt that the soccer mom in big SUV #2 EVER gets hassled, or the guy in the 500 series brand new BMW, or the Ferrari I saw at Rock Bottom on Diehl..

..but I get pulled over with 35% on the sides by a cop who has to whip a u-turn and speed up to catch me.. in a residential area, followed me into a parking lot, and boxed me in. Once I got out of the car (I had just pulled into my lot) and took my hat off in my work clothes, his demenor changed. I was a 30+ white male coming home from a hard day of work and he gave me a warning. I honestly think it was because I appeared to be a hooligan.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think they will though since i will tell them i cant drive with glasses on..It may also help since im family friends with my eye doctor. WE will see what happens when i go in i guess.,
Old 03-20-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JacobK
i dont think they will though since i will tell them i cant drive with glasses on..It may also help since im family friends with my eye doctor. WE will see what happens when i go in i guess.,

Why cant you drive with glasses?

Most Dr.s wont give your that note b/c not only does it need to be renewed every year or two, but a cop can call BS on it and have the Doc testify in court as to your condition. Most DR's wont put their pratice/license on the line so some guy can have a cool looking car.

Good luck with it though.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Launching!

I got pulled over by a CHP out here in cali, he made me roll up my window to check the tint, I tried to tell him it was for medical reasons for my eyes then used his handy pocket knife to **** up my tint so Id have to get them taken off. In california if you get cited 3 or more times for the same violation like tint they can impound your vehicle for gross negalagence of the law....
Old 03-20-2007, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Such a stupid *** law. I'm about to get some tints 5-10% in rear 15% sides, I live in the sw burbs, is it worth it or not? Any places you guys recommend? I called ziebart and they charge about $200, 2 much?

Quick Reply: Impound for Windows Being Tinted