Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Impound for Windows Being Tinted

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JacobK
so how much was the ticket for? and did he threaten to impound your car?
$25 ticket, no threat of impound. And, as a matter of fact, I asked him if I got pulled over again for it, what would happen??? He said another ticket, but no impound.

Originally Posted by Camario
Hey Matt and Jacob, how hard is it to see out of the back at night with 5%? Im not sure if i should go 5%,10%, or 15%. Matt i'll be going to outlaw next week to get my exhaust slapped on, so i hope you're car will be there.
At first, I had a hard time seeing, but I am used to it now. I would go with 5% if I were you.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I better stay away from NL.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Junk 302
Looks like I better stay away from NL.
Yeah, or at least at the end of the month. They're trying to pull in all of the revenue to pay for the ******* Taj Mahal looking city hall they just built. Our mayor is too busy out buying everyone lap dances at the strip club to contribute. The cop told me he had nothing else better to do than pull me over and give me the ticket. *******!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Ouch , Im more worried about getting DUI when they pull me over for something dumb like that , I may end up peelin tint off..
Old 03-25-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt D
Yeah, or at least at the end of the month. They're trying to pull in all of the revenue to pay for the ******* Taj Mahal looking city hall they just built. Our mayor is too busy out buying everyone lap dances at the strip club to contribute. The cop told me he had nothing else better to do than pull me over and give me the ticket. *******!

Cops dont write tickets for revenue. No matter if he writes one or 1000000 tickets a day he still gets his pittly salery. Hell most cops get pissed at the construction going on in town b/c that waste of money building could have been a raise. Not to mention 60-80% of the money from tickets goes to the state.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by marthastewart
Cops dont write tickets for revenue. No matter if he writes one or 1000000 tickets a day he still gets his pittly salery. Hell most cops get pissed at the construction going on in town b/c that waste of money building could have been a raise. Not to mention 60-80% of the money from tickets goes to the state.
Not revenue for him, revenue for the city. If you ever role through NL, look at the 25 million dollar city hall that they are building and the 15 million dollar library they built before that. My taxes are ******* outrageous! They need every dollar and are getting it every way they can.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Launching!

i live in clarkston michigan, and the cops are pretty gay, but now i just roll with the windows down. It looks to sexy to take off the tint haha
Old 03-27-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

im wondering if i roll with the windows down, if lets say i get pulled over, if they will say something about the windows being tinted, if it shows up on my record or something.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JacobK
im wondering if i roll with the windows down, if lets say i get pulled over, if they will say something about the windows being tinted, if it shows up on my record or something.
I always roll mine down on my truck (that has 15% all around) and a few times Ive had em say, roll your window up a bit (so they can look) Theres no way around it, depends what kinda mood the policeman is in.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Teching In

well i go on monday to court and i will find out if the pic thing will work. i hopw it dose it was a bi**h to clean off. but i got it done.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Damn.. Pretty sure here in MN the law is 50% on the front (dr&ps) and the rear unless its a truck/SUV. 50% isnt even worth tinting! Also.. Our ticket price is usually a warning first depending on the officer's attitude then a ticket $150 or so.. They'll waive the ticket if you remove the tint before court date.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that sux, I got pulled over many times for my window tint, and a state cop even made me peal it off but never impounded. I can tell you that a cop impounded my car for the stereo to loud and mad me walk home...$400 later. FTP
Old 03-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Teching In

when i had my grand am i got pulled over for my stereo being to loud. then again i have it almost all the way up and i have 2 12" kicker L7's with a 1200 watt kicker amp. i dont see how that was to loud. he pulled me over and said he heard me 4 blocks away. i was like ??really?? NO????? that couldent of been me? as he walked away i laughed. and didnt get a ticket or anything he let me go with worning. i was like ok bye and got out of there as fast as i could. then again that was 2 years ago i dont know if the impounding thing was ineffect then?

Quick Reply: Impound for Windows Being Tinted