Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LTwonZ
Well it looks like my plans are going to be pushed off to the side because I recently found out the wife and myself are expecting our first baby in June. So now it looks like i'm going to just try to get the car running good so I can drive it. And the May race in Muncie sounds like a good time to me. Also Ben I have some skinnies you can use if you need them.

Congrats Dan!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:07 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it looks like my plans are going to be pushed off to the side because I recently found out the wife and myself are expecting our first baby in June. So now it looks like i'm going to just try to get the car running good so I can drive it. And the May race in Muncie sounds like a good time to me. Also Ben I have some skinnies you can use if you need them.
congrats Dan!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Muncie sucks. At least go to a track that hooks. US41 is awesome, but a long drive/haul.
It's all redone!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
8 Second Club

You guys need to check out this video... it's halarious!!

http://culturegarage.com/2008/01/02/...ng-to-blow-up/
Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr

Get back to Work you stay at home Daddy......

Well it doesn't look so good so far. I started working on the LT1 engine and so far I have two bad rockers and two bad valve guides in my heads....
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

OMG that is funny ****!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW. That brings back memories. Back when I had a random tech cat on my Z, and the hood was getting painted, they started it up and pretty much the exact same thing happened. If only a civic could have been behind the car. He would probably think "how can I get my car to do that?"

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM

Well it doesn't look so good so far. I started working on the LT1 engine and so far I have two bad rockers and two bad valve guides in my heads....
LT1's need lots of TLC. Keep workin' on her though man, we are starting to get to thin in our numbers.

Dan, thanks for the offer. I'll probably end up borring Shawns, but its nice to have a backup. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Well, I found out the results of my pilot spot I put in for. I didn't get it (which I new it was going to be a long shot from the beggining anyways since the board before mine they had 396 applicants, of which only 16 were selected).

What this means basically is that I will be moving back to the Fort in a few months for good. I have a few more options to keep on with the Air Force and still live in Indiana I am now going to pursue. Certain things would both have to happen, and not happen to get to try, but there is one more Active Duty pilot spot I can try for again in March, however like I said lots of stuff would have to both happen and not happen to even get to that point. If I do get that spot though, I will not be living in Indiana, but at this point there are lots of other paths I will try to take first which have an end result of me moving back to the Fort.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
OMG that is funny ****!!!
how and were do i get this big rob juice.....and what does it do?????
Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned

**** that CTS ****....lololololol......that is classic....DYNO-TECH tweek that one???? hahahahaha
Old 01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats once again..even though I already knew. She is a good gal, I'm sure she won't hinder you from doing the car stuff...but the late night feedings and diaper changes might for awhile. Hopefully she has saved up some PTO to help with the expenses while she is off work.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
WOW. That brings back memories. Back when I had a random tech cat on my Z, and the hood was getting painted, they started it up and pretty much the exact same thing happened. If only a civic could have been behind the car. He would probably think "how can I get my car to do that?"

LT1's need lots of TLC. Keep workin' on her though man, we are starting to get to thin in our numbers.

Dan, thanks for the offer. I'll probably end up borring Shawns, but its nice to have a backup. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Well, I found out the results of my pilot spot I put in for. I didn't get it (which I new it was going to be a long shot from the beggining anyways since the board before mine they had 396 applicants, of which only 16 were selected).

What this means basically is that I will be moving back to the Fort in a few months for good. I have a few more options to keep on with the Air Force and still live in Indiana I am now going to pursue. Certain things would both have to happen, and not happen to get to try, but there is one more Active Duty pilot spot I can try for again in March, however like I said lots of stuff would have to both happen and not happen to even get to that point. If I do get that spot though, I will not be living in Indiana, but at this point there are lots of other paths I will try to take first which have an end result of me moving back to the Fort.
Ben sorry to hear you didn't get the spot, try again if possible...that would be an awesome job to have. My cousin was in the Marines and flew the F18A
(Carrier Based) then was a Top Gun instructor for 1 year before he opted out of the service... he now is a commercial pilot. That was a dream of mine before I hurt my knee playing back yard football during my delayed enlistment... 2 weeks away from graduation and I got sent home with a medical discharge, totally fucked up my life plans!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Darren,

I think you and I have spoke of this before, but it was a long time ago. There are other avenue's I am currently pursuing that still have me as a commisioned officer for the AF and as a pilot. Hopefully I can do so and still live in the Fort.

Originally Posted by SS1875
Ben sorry to hear you didn't get the spot, try again if possible...that would be an awesome job to have. My cousin was in the Marines and flew the F18A
(Carrier Based) then was a Top Gun instructor for 1 year before he opted out of the service... he now is a commercial pilot. That was a dream of mine before I hurt my knee playing back yard football during my delayed enlistment... 2 weeks away from graduation and I got sent home with a medical discharge, totally fucked up my life plans!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys.

Ben- Sorry to hear you didn't get the pilot job it sounding like you really wanted it. But it will be good to have another LT1 guy back in the Fort.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
Thanks Darren,

I think you and I have spoke of this before, but it was a long time ago. There are other avenue's I am currently pursuing that still have me as a commisioned officer for the AF and as a pilot. Hopefully I can do so and still live in the Fort.
Keep the faith, I wish you good luck with all of it!!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys. I never was one of those guys who disliked where they came from when I joined the military. In fact, living in NJ has made me miss and appreciate living back in Indiana a lot. I am looking forward to what looks right now of moving back.

Now if we only had the Mustang guys to hang out with again so we could have someone to bully around
Old 01-05-2008, 10:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Check out this video from a customer over in Ohio.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...14016e2106.htm Bob
Old 01-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

great editing....that should make darren wanna get his bad boy back together......cool vid

Last edited by kdogc5; 01-05-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Check out this video from a customer over in Ohio.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...14016e2106.htm Bob
That was decent!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:11 PM
11 Second Club

Nice video...makes me want to go JOHN Force it, without any wreck and hospital stay.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Ben, sorry to hear you didn't get the call to be a zoomie. Are you going to try for the heavy, multi-engine stuff? Not as glamorous, but those PIC hours are probably more valuable after your military service than the fast-mover hours. Good luck with whatever path you take.

Quick Reply: Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd