where is meijer?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meijer is at Golf and Algonquin in Arl Heights
Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Nice - I'll be at meijer, no car though.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

BLAH to those that wussed out tonight on miejers... Punks.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,713 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
BLAH to those that wussed out tonight on miejers... Punks.
I never go to Meijer.....but I will be soon. Right now my Friday schedule doesn't have extra time for that, but I'm making some changes so I should be able to appear in the next week or two.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I never go to Meijer.....but I will be soon. Right now my Friday schedule doesn't have extra time for that, but I'm making some changes so I should be able to appear in the next week or two.
Your excused. But Mark is a whole different story. You made the post about it then didnt show. Thats it, no jokes for you tomorrow. Im going to have a hooker with herpes and toxic panties rape you.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Stanknuglet
Your excused. But Mark is a whole different story. You made the post about it then didnt show. Thats it, no jokes for you tomorrow. Im going to have a hooker with herpes and toxic panties rape you.
Yeah what's up with Mark? Making the thread then not showing up. Somebody should ban his ***.

Maybe he bought a new race car and went to RSD with it?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at Meijer in the GTP (so parked it in the lot next to the show.... no one wants to see a FWD V6 car lol)

Met a guy I worked with 5 years ago! was crazy..... hadn't seen him in 5 years... last I saw him he was planning on building up a third gen.... tonight.... he had a very nice white C5 and to top it off... the company he's working for (contract) has a contract for a company that one of the founding members of MFBA currently works for... I mentioned his name and the first thing he said was "oh yea I know him! He's awesome, he'll ask someone what kinda car they drive... if they say a civic he'll excuse himself, but if it's a real car he'll talk about it!"
Old 07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
11 Second Club

Horist, didnt see ya there.. But then again I was in the bad kids corner I guess... Saw the funniest thing tho... There was this green 3rd gen camaro parked over there... It was all Fkd up, missing interior pieces, rust colored primer spots and all that. Hood was closed, so I excused it as probably a sleeper... Well... I was right sorta. As soon as it started getting dark out the guy popped the hood and low and behold..... bone stock.... But as he started messing with a ball of wires near his headlights, all of a suddon there were strobes in the grill... It really was a "show car".

The way I see it is if there are V6 mustangs... cough cough, and this sorry excuse for a 3rd gen, plus I saw a silver grand prix too, your car could have parked in there...
Old 07-14-2007, 10:47 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Saw the funniest thing tho... There was this green 3rd gen camaro parked over there... It was all Fkd up, missing interior pieces, rust colored primer spots and all that. Hood was closed, so I excused it as probably a sleeper... Well... I was right sorta. As soon as it started getting dark out the guy popped the hood and low and behold..... bone stock.... But as he started messing with a ball of wires near his headlights, all of a suddon there were strobes in the grill... It really was a "show car".

That would be referred to as "flashy blinky ****". Per Jim.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I know, I had to stay late at work and by the time I would have made it out there after I left, it would have been 8 or so. I love Fridays at work.

What's going on tonight? The weather is still crap so anyone going to Photo's? I am on Roadside until around 9 so I don't know if I'll make it out there either.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Horist, didnt see ya there.. But then again I was in the bad kids corner I guess... Saw the funniest thing tho... There was this green 3rd gen camaro parked over there... It was all Fkd up, missing interior pieces, rust colored primer spots and all that. Hood was closed, so I excused it as probably a sleeper... Well... I was right sorta. As soon as it started getting dark out the guy popped the hood and low and behold..... bone stock.... But as he started messing with a ball of wires near his headlights, all of a suddon there were strobes in the grill... It really was a "show car".

The way I see it is if there are V6 mustangs... cough cough, and this sorry excuse for a 3rd gen, plus I saw a silver grand prix too, your car could have parked in there...
haha you mean the one that was parked next to me? He's says he's getting it painted in August . . . who knows.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Horist, didnt see ya there..

I was hanging out with Joel and crew... I pulled the GTP up later once the show was "over"

right by the teal (green) third gen lol (kid that owns it is having it painted later this year. He's 19 so money's tight... at least it's not japcrap )

I'm going to try to bring the TA next week... it sux cause requires I get to work really early ... already set off a VPs car alarm once just idling to a parking spot... so trying to avoid that lol
Old 07-15-2007, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

So I guess that was your silver GTP I was referring too. Didnt walk over there BC I would have been cutting on the guy with Flashy Blingy ****... for now on referred to as FBS... I had to walk over there and check out the 3rd gen... Reminded me of one that I owned in the past. Looked like hell. BUT, with about 400 horses, a 2.38 one legger and a 5 speed, it was next to untouchable on the expressway. I was just hoping for a sleeperish aproach. There is NO way I would have attempted to park IN the show and pull it off if it were my car. The guy must have one helluva sense of humor.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Motorboater

Lori and i stopped by photos for dinner and to meet some friends who were meeting there on their bikes before the midnite ride at merryville started..didn't see any of you guys so we left after we ate and bullshitted with my friends for a bit.

Horist, haven't seen you in forever man. bring your car down to Meijer next friday, i'll be there with mine if weather is good.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:41 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Lori and i stopped by photos for dinner and to meet some friends who were meeting there on their bikes before the midnite ride at merryville started..didn't see any of you guys so we left after we ate and bullshitted with my friends for a bit.
Yeah we planned to hit Photo's but somehow ended up having a car & bike show in my driveway instead. Mark was on Roadside so it helped to stay closer to the city. We should be back on track for next weekend though.

On a side note, hopefully I'll be able to start hitting Meijer starting in August.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

The weather does seem to be ok so far for this weekend, so we should be back on track like Ryan said. That is if I recover from my sunburn from the show yesterday in Berkeley. Damn.

Quick Reply: NW Suburbs, official weekend thread!!Woohoo