Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy F-body Car Show Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey koolaid man! J/K always wanted to say that to you. When are you gonna let me get that converter??? I'm needing it for something! Also I forgot that PC Sunday....so maybe this week we can swap if you still have that converter. THANKS
Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need it immediately, it will cost you. Like lunch at Mickey Ds or so.
I plan on being down Saturday evening if you can wait.
And the panhard bar is closer than we thought, only out 3/8, much better than the 13/16 I started with.
Who ever heard of koolaid_man, btw?
Give me a call, you have my cell.
And chicken, you remember trying to keep up with me when I was running 7 pounds of boost without a tune, wait until I dial in the tune and fix the boost leak I caused. He who laughs last laughs best.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

nope I never ran you cleanish till then I shall bow out on top I'll take you 7 psi to my 1,000,000 psi I have the paper to prove it. In all seriousness though how close are you to nailing that tune down? I'll have something for you in time we'll see.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

I hope to have it within reason by Saturday night. As I may have mentioned before, the closed loop tune is done. Unfortunately, that is also when I burned the valve(s). So I will attempt the open loop tune this week, but I am not sure how it will turn out. My Knock Retard (KR) readings, for example, I had dialed into zero. Now they are all over the place. Huge bummer. I am hoping that I can drive it this season like it is and then repair the damage off season (read winter). I merely plan to blow my black smoke all over your blue front bumper, that will be enough.
Win or lose, though, it is all fun. See ya Saturday night.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1987firechicken
nope I never ran you cleanish till then I shall bow out on top I'll take you 7 psi to my 1,000,000 psi I have the paper to prove it. In all seriousness though how close are you to nailing that tune down? I'll have something for you in time we'll see.
Buy your own copy of the s/w and we can work through the tune. You will need a laptop, however, for the scanning. A desktop can be used for the programming part. But it would be a pita to lug around in the car to scan, although it could be done.
And I am thinking on increasing my boost to 70000000000000000000 psi. Just an fyi.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Now Now children lets play nice We all know I'll be the 1 kicking both your a$$e$ next time we're out. Isn't that right ALEX! J/K Hey George yeah thats cool I can wait till Saturday for the conveter....Not A Problem. TTYL JAMES
Old 08-28-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1987firechicken
I'll take you 7 psi to my 1,000,000 psi I have the paper to prove it.

and Ill run you with my 1000 shot of NAAAWWWZZZZZ

James, it seems there was a slight "accident" involving the DVD......

Clean up isle 5........................

How long has Miss PSI been around? I have heard of her car if its the same car I am thinking of but never seen her. I see its an Ohio plate.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Now Now children lets play nice We all know I'll be the 1 kicking both your a$$e$ next time we're out. Isn't that right ALEX! J/K Hey George yeah thats cool I can wait till Saturday for the conveter....Not A Problem. TTYL JAMES
You better hold onto that win while you can and never race me again HAHAHAHA. You should have run the cobra with me then we could get a real feel for your "speed" LOL JK you did kick my *** minus that one roll we did but a loss is a loss and I give you props. (damn auto's from a launch). I NEED A REAR END AND CLUTCH damn it!! stupid 10 bolt . I'll remember that when we cruise and I'm next to you I'll give you a little Ls1 music again . In all seriousness I don't think charging people money to show is gonna fly the money for winning would be nice but if it is the same people then the winners won't change very often then it's like pissing 5 bucks away. Stick with the trophies maybe they'll give you a discount after a while. And coolaid I have a laptop I just need to get the software for it all I have now is the EFI live scan tool but I'd like to hook that up just to get a feel for what the stock tune looks like and familiarize myslef with it. If you know where I can pick a cheap cable let me know college is kicking my wallets *** right now. And I did beat koolaid (but his intake piping blew off or something) but I'm a run what you brung man so I'll claim it . I'm sure if he hadn't lost boost it would have been bad for me . I think DR might change my luck with you though if my clutch and rear hold up.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Well then don't use it for awards, one week have everyone chip in for pizza, next month, awards, next month something else.

Besides we only have like two more moths of good weather.

Or we just say screw it and everyone just go and hang out.

The problem with awards is there are to many people that daily drive their cars and a few of us whos cars sit in a garage 90% of the year. Those cars take little effort to keep clean.

When I had my 96 it sat outside and it took me hours to get it cleaned up and half the time I did not have the time.

I say everyone goes just to have a good time and have awards like once or twice a year and whoever wants in can chip in some money.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Ikind of agree with you.My goat is my dd.but getting her all cleaned up is half the fun of it.as for the awards i dont mind kickin in a little extra,its nice if you win.the awards r something to show for your hard work.but this time lets have them before rick or benny get there.j/k.well gotta get back to work.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Well I agree with everyone on the award situation....So I might just see about getting some cheap dash plaques and give them to the first 10 - 20 people depending on how much they cost. But we'll see. I just really don't want to charge people for coming out to show their cars. I agree with everyone coming out and hanging out together, but also some people would like to get some appreciation on how nice their cars are. So maybe even certificates would play a role in upcoming shows! Dunno??? we'll see Oh and Alex your right a win is a win, and thats why I'm gonna stay the hell away from you from a roll don't want to take a loss....I like bragging too much.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey everyone Pro Dynotech in Crawfordsville is having a Dyno Day on Sat Sept 8 2007 FOR GM VEHICLES ONLY..

send an e-mail to dynoday@prodynotech to RSVP.

http://www.prodynotech.com/id3.html

Rob & Benny- nice pictures BTW..
Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Come on everyone!!! I know we was talking about a dyno day at the last meet so if anyone is interested let us know! Who's all going? Post up here or in the other thread (Indy F-Body meetings....) I'll be there, anyone who wants to head up there with me LMK.....Also Don't forget Sept. 16th At Garfield Park. 12 - 5 Carshow.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 04goat-gto
but this time lets have them before rick or benny get there.j/k.well gotta get back to work.

Don't worry, Ill take care of them

Im going to be there but will have to leave at like 2 so I can get to work.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Ok guys some things came up....so it looks like I'm not gonna make the dyno day Saturday after all. I have to go to Warsaw and pick up a LT1 block from a friend for my 383 build, and a set of LT1 stock castings, from anther guy, to be ported Well it looks like next year I'll be 383 N/A and lovin it Yeah for those of you who didn't believe me it's finally gonna happen. The block is getting taken in to the machine shop come Saturday. And I'm gonna start looking into porting the heads, and getting new parts for them. I have a good idea of what setup I'm wanting to go with, so we'll see how this thing turns out.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Old 09-04-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Don't worry, Ill take care of them
talk talk talk talk talk talk talk.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO

Lol- Benny..
Old 09-05-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Thats a good one Benny!!! hey, wasn't the fastest f-body car a LT1 for a long time!!! well i guess you have a point though....check out the thread....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/etdb.php I'm too broke to buy a LS1, just to tear it down and build it

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 09-05-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

I need to find a pick of a BBC taking a dump on an LS1

Noting beats the BBC sound and torque

So James, who do you think would take first place at a car show between me and Benny? You have seen his car all cleaned up and seen mine dirty

Quick Reply: Indy F-body Car Show Pics.