Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey man that's cool. I am looking forward to going. Glad you made it home safe.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHere you guys drag racing? Both of you are? Ive raced my bike, never my car. Affraid a little on busting the Rear end....

Speed Inc, I bought almost all my parts from them when I did my overhaul, almost everything because they gave me the best deal. Short block was out of lingenfelter, basically the only thing I did not get from them. Got a rough tune on it, drove to Chicago and had them dyno tune it (did ir for basically nothing, it was part of the deal since I ordered 4300 + worth of parts) Good guys to work with it seemed like. I worked directly through Tom (owner). Few of my friends had some problems, but i think they do so much volume that it is inevitable there will mistakes, part of business.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Launching!

What kind of y-pipe did you get Andy? Keeping cats or removing?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

so to any of you Ames guys... did you see the game on saturday... turns out we couldnt beat them with just field goals...

anybody up for meetin somewhere.. seems like there is alot of guys here from ames, ankeny area... I was also one of the guys that had some exams last week and couldnt make it... be nice to put some faces to some names..
Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Launching!

I dont have my TA down here now. If there is a meet up somewhere, if weather is nice Ill take the bike. Im hoping to get the car down here for another week or 2 before winter hits hard
Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chromeplated500
so to any of you Ames guys... did you see the game on saturday... turns out we couldnt beat them with just field goals...
I left just after half time. Thank goodness I woke up early and tailgated, would have made the game/day worthless if I wasnt the least bit intoxicated for it (Or maybe I should have just slept till noon and then watched a better game)......Going to resort to beer again this weekend, cuz it isnt going to be any better...........Oklahoma going to have a free ride

Last edited by M6WS6; 10-15-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That game was a little ridicoulis, we got walked like no other. As for meeting, i have most of my weekends free besides studying. Sundays and mondays are my day off from work so..I just seen a black TA on my way to class around 3 pm. It was on Welch - i was on the bus and seemed like he hammered it around storm/welch by the towers (wallace/wilson). Sounded good though.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chromeplated500

anybody up for meetin somewhere.. seems like there is alot of guys here from ames, ankeny area... I was also one of the guys that had some exams last week and couldnt make it... be nice to put some faces to some names..

The after party was pretty good though...the parts I remember....
Old 10-15-2007, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by M6WS6
What kind of y-pipe did you get Andy? Keeping cats or removing?
Got the Pacesetter ORY. No more cats. Jesse what weekend will work for you? I am in no hurry to get it done but wouldn't mind getting it done before it gets too cold out. Trevor and Rodney, let me know what date would work for you guys if you still planned on helping. Also, what block off plates am I going to need? I got the headers without AIR/EGR and want to get rid of the crap.

Like I said guys, I am close to Ames and would be up for meeting whenever. I always like to meet new people. I also enjoy having a few .
Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Alright guys i got a plane out of here to go back home at the butt crack of dawn on the 17th. Anyone up for some cruising this weekend? Let me know.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by daves94formula
Alright guys i got a plane out of here to go back home at the butt crack of dawn on the 17th. Anyone up for some cruising this weekend? Let me know.
I would be up for some cruising. Meeting new Fbody owners is always fun. Let us know when you get back.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sundays work best for me due to no school/work. You will need just the AIR and EGR Block plates (one for EGR and two for AIR), you can get the plates from WS6store and probably just go pick them up in norwalk, IA or you can have them shipped.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
Sundays work best for me due to no school/work. You will need just the AIR and EGR Block plates (one for EGR and two for AIR), you can get the plates from WS6store and probably just go pick them up in norwalk, IA or you can have them shipped.
Thanks man. Yeah I have been there before and ordered quite a few things from them now. They are great guys to deal with. Let me know what date will work best for you man. I am always free.

Actually if you could pull off a Saturday job that would be ideal. That way if we run into problems we have Sunday to get it done before the week. Just let me know.

Last edited by RedRocketZ28; 10-15-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
I just seen a black TA on my way to class around 3 pm. It was on Welch - i was on the bus and seemed like he hammered it around storm/welch by the towers (wallace/wilson). Sounded good though.
WS6? I saw it too yesterday. Looked clean. Saw it LW. See new ones periodically around here. Im guessing most are like me and have it at home while in school so dip-***** dont get a chance to **** it up!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Got the Pacesetter ORY. No more cats.
You will like that, loud as hell, but sounds good yet. I still need to buy a cutout to put on my borla where you can add/remove the plates. You can send it all through the muffler or straight out the back. Buddy of mine did that and it works great when in town with a cop near by. I just have yet to get around to doing it. When Im home on weekends and I start my car in the morning, wakes up half the house....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah it was a WS6 - it was moving to fast for me to get good details on it besides some apperance things such as black rims - unsure of which cause..it was moving. With the Dual/Dual that andy has, it wont be nearly as loud with what a borla or loudmouth would be, however with a cutout, its all fair game. Speaking of cutout's andy, i have sitting on my shelf...a 3 in Flowtech that i got for my TA but i ordered them in a two pack, so i dont have a need for the other one. Its non electronic, just manual but it would still sound good.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Didnt see the Dual Dual in his sig. Still is going to be loud and mean
Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

so who is interested in meetin.. Im up for meetin new people, this weekend would be great (des moines, ankeny, ames Area) sounds like shinigami can only make it sunday. Whos interested, and when and where?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

The weather looks good for Sat, I will have to get the SS out & drive it....Post up if you guys are going to get together.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah Saturday would work well for me. Don't have anything going on.

Jesse what do you think about doing the headers on the 27th? Rodney said he would be able to help that day as well and Trevor your help would be appreciated as well. I just think that a Saturday would work best in case something happens and we need the next day. Let me know what you think about the 27th. It would be nice to get it done before it gets too cold out.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?