Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Bears!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bears!!

Got to love that Rex! WHY can't we get just one quarterback that is worth something. We are wasting our time with this guy. If Lovey wants to protect him ship him out too! That guy SUCKS! It's going to be a long year.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

I dont even want to remember last nights game... I just kept drinking hoping i wouldnt remember it. The worst part is that the Vikings and Packers are going to be decent this year... Dam WRECKS GROSSMAN!!!! but then again Greasy isn't our savior either!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

I think Lovie is being stubborn about Rex, but honestly they should take him out.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Just to play devils advocate he did have some good passes in the beginning of the game that were dropped and probably would have been td's
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by CNTLSE 1
Just to play devils advocate he did have some good passes in the beginning of the game that were dropped and probably would have been td's

I agree about the pass being dropped, not his fault. I'm pissed about him keying in on ONE receiver from the time the ball is snapped, then he throws into a crowd of Dallas Jerseys. These are football 101 issues, do you really think he's going to learn how to play ball at this age?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Scammer Alert!

i tottally agree with wrecks lack of confidence issue, however, is he really all to blame, i mean 3 int's isn tgoing to win anyone a game, and id be the first to jump on the bandwagon if we had lets say Donovan Mcnabb as a potential replacement, however, we have Orton and Griese, not exactly a dynamic duo, last night if Berrian makes the catch on the double move, the entire game changes. As a matter of fact i think they dropped more than there share last night, the O-line did a pretty good job id say compared to their showing against the Chiefs. I am in no way defending Grossman, as he has made MORE than his share of mistakes, im just saying there are others to blame, and shipping him out isnt going to bring our offense back to life. On another note, how about Hester... i think he fumbled twice last night, caused us shitty field position, Benson fumbled after Dallas went up 17-10 an and that pretty much took any chance we had of getting back in it, I feel bad for the defense, they need to speak up to the offense, i mean they can only do so much. Well theres my novel
Old 09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Romo and Grossman both went pro in 2003, I think that Grossman does not have a lot more upside from where he is now. He's average at best, and honestly I think that he will get benched pretty soon.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I said it all last year and I continue to say it this year

Wrecks Grossman is a terrible dopey quaterback.

Anyone can throw enough passes to get lucky and have 33% completion.

Grossman is terrible at scanning, passing, avoiding the rush, dodge sacks, misleading the defense.

Madden called it perfectly twice on grossman.

rex needs a perfect protection to function,
rex leads the defenders on where he is throwing because he looks only one way. defenders have no problem reading rex.

all through out last and this year I have not believed in rex and I will not. He lacks the instinct, drive and skill to be a quarterback and team leader. Because of this, the teams spirit is falling apart and that is sad when you have a superbowl team with one weak link.

I honestly feel that 2 of the 3 injured bears, faked it to get off the field. honestly why should the defense try and or cause turnovers when the quarterback can not capitalize on the defensive performance.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by ibanez7
I said it all last year and I continue to say it this year

Wrecks Grossman is a terrible dopey quaterback.

Anyone can throw enough passes to get lucky and have 33% completion.

Grossman is terrible at scanning, passing, avoiding the rush, dodge sacks, misleading the defense.

Madden called it perfectly twice on grossman.

rex needs a perfect protection to function,
rex leads the defenders on where he is throwing because he looks only one way. defenders have no problem reading rex.

all through out last and this year I have not believed in rex and I will not. He lacks the instinct, drive and skill to be a quarterback and team leader. Because of this, the teams spirit is falling apart and that is sad when you have a superbowl team with one weak link.

I honestly feel that 2 of the 3 injured bears, faked it to get off the field. honestly why should the defense try and or cause turnovers when the quarterback can not capitalize on the defensive performance.

Perfectly said!! That sums it up! PEROID!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i forget if it was 25 or 27 or something but last year he was almost tied i think with the most turn overs.... i think that they should go and put griese in... hopefully though after his contract is up this year they do not sign him again b/c i think they will go even more into the **** hole b/c no1 is going to want to play for them with his dumb ***. the only thing that keeps the bears in the games is the defense but they cant do it all year. oh and they also have to work on their pass game b/c T/O ran a slant like 5 times on them and was beating that ***. but yeah grossman sucks
Old 09-24-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Perfectly said!! That sums it up! PEROID!

Thank you!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Teching In

who cares about the Bears?! GO PACKERS!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by waldo
who cares about the Bears?! GO PACKERS!!!!!
Make your own Butt Packer thread... and hope that Favre doesn't die this year!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It only makes things worse that the bears lost 4 pro bowl players to injuries last night.. Although, I don't know if anything serious happened to any of them.. Lovie is a 1st class guy, he won't comment on any of that stuff really becausy he doesn't want to stir the pot.. I'm sure that the bears owner must probably be behind grossman as well..
Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

..Another thing.. Does anyone else ever get the feeling that grossman almost acts like he doesn't care when he stands around on the sideline? I mean, the least he can do is put his hands on his head or throw his helmet every once in a while.. He just hides in a corner when he's not on the field, shouldn't he be talking to his coaches or at least his receivers? He is also one of the first ones to run to the locker room after games, is he scared of the media too?

Last edited by John02Hawk; 09-24-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I was still giving rex a chance this year hoping that all summer he got hisshit toghter.... guess not. Whewn defenders run to sack him he just falls over, doesnt scramble AT ALL!! Id like to see Micheal Vick with us, lol. But thats never gonna happen. So basically were screwed this year and more to come since nobody's gonna wanna play for us. But Urlacher had a nasty sack, that was loose!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

^^^ ditto. Especially when you watch him compared to how well Romo evaded the pass rush!

F*n Wrecks got sacked twice by fat guys laying on the ground.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

besides the fact that they got rex grossman under center they also got rid of a great runningback in thomas jones.....and also tony romo picked that defense apart and really showed some weakness in their D
Old 09-24-2007, 03:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I told folks at lunch that it would be a blessing in disguise for all if Rex got injured and missed 3-4 games. Lots of fans think that Griese or Orton wouldn't be worse and we could see. Rex does not evade/scramble for sh%%, and he consistently overthrows.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camario
Make your own Butt Packer thread... and hope that Favre doesn't die this year!

Chill man, we all have our faults………. At least you have good taste in automobiles.

Quick Reply: Bears!!