Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

I Want Rex

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron Turner sucks, can you understand some of the plays he runs??
The line is getting old, Kruetz has been pushed back lately.
The QB situation sucks but I really dont think a change with QB's will make that much different.
Thats just my opinions
Old 10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Camario
They shouldn't even have a quarter back... just direct snap it to Hester every f*n time! He's the only bright spot on the team! I wish I could understand him in his post game interviews!
lol, hell yea, i was watching that goin "what the **** is he sayin????" Hes need to get ignorant and be like "im the best there is so just give me the ball!!" lol.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyle is our Quaterback????!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Schultzp85
and no one dropped any ***** vs dallas or you opt not to remember that game?? and NOW you all blame the line when *** old man griese is back but not when rex? righhhtttt

I didnt blame the line at all. YES I do remeber the dallas game. Romo with 5 yrs pro, the same as Grossman, proved that grossman has not developed into a pro quarterback. Grossman is a college freshman quarterback at most.

griese is a better quarterback then grossman. that can not even be argued.

in regards to the line, there is only so much a line can do to protect against a blitz. its up to the quarterback to read the defensive play and dodge the sack.
that is something rex failed at.

most linebackers and defensive ends are toned and fast, where as lineman are usually overweight and slow. Its amazing that so many blitzes are actually prevented.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:50 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,113 Likes on 730 Posts

I would have changed Grossman out before I would change out Turner. Let's see how the next couple of games go.

And ditto on the Romo vs. Grossman comment, they both went pro at the same time.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Teching In

we're missign 5 defensive starters and 4 more at least arent 100% 4 games into the season and were pretty banged up plus our running games a joke and bariian cant catch a pass so liek lovie and urlacher both said the whole team needs to play better period.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

bring reX BACK??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Griese is old/rusty and managed to move the ball down the field how many times? grossman only managed to move the ball maybe 1 possession per game. I agree with others, the receivers arent use to the ball coming to them. give it another game or 2 to get some rythm and timing down, youll see how bad lil REXY did suck. LIL REXY played like a timid high school lil girl against the big bad pros. I dont know how he can call himself a "proffesional".......... sit the bench sally *** rex
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He'll do better next week.

Rex had his chance, at least they are making the change now...

Losing to Detroit though, damn.... Are these Bears gonna make the playoffs?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Romo is the incarnation of Dan Marino.

Last edited by Finite1; 10-02-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Damn Dallas is Good.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:06 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

[QUOTE=Finite1;7882307]He'll do better next week.

Rex had his chance, at least they are making the change now...

Losing to Detroit though, damn.... Are these Bears gonna make the playoffs?[

/

Playoffs!?!?!? That can't be a serious comment!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Green Bay might wipe the floor with Chi-town. I'm not sure I'm ready for that.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

Reminds me of when they use to win games!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 88monte
orton won 12 games with them.
i say try orton then if that doesnt work we always have this
guy.

[IMG ]http://stillfootball.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/ditka-723831.jpg[/IMG]
And Grossman got us to the Superbowl. Point? Neither Grossman nor Orton were the reasons for the success, the defense was.

Originally Posted by jakes4321
Ron Turner sucks, can you understand some of the plays he runs??
The line is getting old, Kruetz has been pushed back lately.
The QB situation sucks but I really dont think a change with QB's will make that much different.
Thats just my opinions
Ding ding ding. At least someone gets it. Even last year there were numerous questionable calls on the offense side. Now that the defense is getting banged up we have to blame someone but no one can seem to grasp that the offense needs to be built around the qb's talents. Rex doesn't have a very precise arm short range but he has a cannon and can go deep. It's risky but the rewards are high.

I won't even get into the fact that it's pretty hard to throw a ball when you spend 1/2 the game on your back or when you now have no running game to take pressure off the pass. Or how about throwing the ball to Hester? And i'm not talking about 1 yard screen passes, jeez.

Originally Posted by ibanez7
I didnt blame the line at all. YES I do remeber the dallas game. Romo with 5 yrs pro, the same as Grossman, proved that grossman has not developed into a pro quarterback. Grossman is a college freshman quarterback at most.
Romo is a better quarterback than 97% of the league's starters so you probably should send the memo out that their QB's suck too. We don't have Romo on our bench (or TO as a wide receiver) so it's a stupid conversation.

Grossman also has 27 career starts at this point due to injury. Don't claim him as a 5th year quarterback.

griese is a better quarterback then grossman. that can not even be argued.
Grossman has potential. Griese has 10 years of mediocre football. If you take out the 2-3 years he was surrounded by a good offense he's a below average quarterback. Never mind the fact that he's washed up and everyone in Chicago thinks he's the reincarnation of his father.

Our team is 1-3, about to be 1-4 after this week. There is no reason to develop a quarterback that will retire. Grossman and Orton have both shown potential but need to get past their stupid mistakes. A offensive coordinator that knew how to use each qb's weapons would help also but that's not happening.

in regards to the line, there is only so much a line can do to protect against a blitz. its up to the quarterback to read the defensive play and dodge the sack.
that is something rex failed at.
Um.. when a quarterback has someone in his face as soon as he drops back, the line is failing. He was sacked an average of 3 times a game this year compared to 1.3 last year. I really doubt much changed in how long he takes to get rid of the ball.

most linebackers and defensive ends are toned and fast, where as lineman are usually overweight and slow. Its amazing that so many blitzes are actually prevented.
No, it's football and doing your job. We have an aging offensive line that can't contain the rush. Teams figured this out. It also helps when you throw the ball 52 times in a game and only get 50 rushing yards. Mix up the play calling a little? Oh wait, Ron Turner isn't the problem right?

edit: Wait, did you really say most lineman are overweight and slow? hahahaha, do you know anything about football?

Here's my opinion on it: Our 3 QB's are about even in talent. Rex has the long ball, Griese can't do anything above average, Orton has shown talent in the preseason but that's the preseason. They need to give Orton a shot and if that doesn't work out, they're out of the postseason anyways and should go to a 2 qb lineup. Put Rex in for the first half and Orton for the 2nd. Griese is not the future of the team and it's a waste of time trying to turn a washed up, mediocre at best qb into anything better. At least Rex/Orton will be with the team for more than 2 years and could be a good backup.

Oh, and put Berrian on the bench until he can figure out how to catch a ball. He doesn't deserve a starting WR slot.

Last edited by njn63; 10-02-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

NJN63 amen my friend someone who understands the game of football... couldnt have said that better myself
Old 10-03-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

again the point of "Grossman has potential" has come up, AGAIN...

potential does not win games now, in the past and definitely does not guarantee wins in the future.

heres a couple of questions to ask:
if grossman has potential, how long will it take before he develops? 3 good passes in a 60 min game goes not equal potential.
when grossman develops, what will the rest of the team be like? Urlacher will be retired.

Last year grossman did not lead the bears to the superbowl. Grossman is not a natural leader (which is something the team and offense needs) I can think of 3-4 games that the defense and special teams (hester) won for the bears. Those are 3-4 games that if the bears had an average Defense and an average punt return, they would have lost and not have seen post season. Grossman had a great pass rating during september but after that more mistakes and more excuse arose. He rode out his time and Lovie's optimism.

The bears have a great D (minus injuries) and a great special teams. The chemistry for a superbowl team is lucky to last 2-3 years.

The bears need a quarterback and leader now....

Grossman = let go at the end of the year when his contract is up
Orton = will never play first string, since he is a shotgun quarterback and the bears have never been a shotgun team.
Griese = past his prime
Old 10-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Staging Lane

Directions to Griese's prime? I know it's hard for you considering you jumped on the bandwagon last year, but these players have played before for other teams and you can kinda judge off of that what their potential is.

Kinda funny that Griese's first full season resulted in a passer rating of 75.6. Grossman's was 73.9 in a season that people claim he played horrible in and shouldn't start after. ****, Grossman had more TD's than INT's, a feat that Griese has only managed 3 out of his 10 years in the NFL. I could go on like this for days but Griese is no better than Grossman and Grossman at least shows moments where he could be an above average QB. Grossman is a risk taker but when he takes those risks they're usually worth the reward, the same can not be said about Griese.

I'm also glad Griese got his start against the Lions, a team that Grossman owned last year. Granted, a lot of teams owned them, but we're going to see just how bad Griese really is this weekend. I'll put money on a sub 60 passer rating, any takers?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:25 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Sorry but I don't think that Grossman is all that, he never scrambles outside of the pocket, lately he throws the ball out a ton because of that, and I think that he's real obvious to the other team as to which receiver he's going to throw to... He's just not starter NFL material.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Sorry but I don't think that Grossman is all that, he never scrambles outside of the pocket, lately he throws the ball out a ton because of that, and I think that he's real obvious to the other team as to which receiver he's going to throw to... He's just not starter NFL material.

agreed and simply put.....
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by njn63
Directions to Griese's prime? I know it's hard for you considering you jumped on the bandwagon last year, but these players have played before for other teams and you can kinda judge off of that what their potential is.

Prime meaning Griese's age for being a prime player..... he is past that.

in regards to a bandwagon, I have never liked grossman from the beginning.

regardless what the stats say, grossman is not a pro quarterback, will never be a good pro quarterback and even if he throws 400 touchdowns he is not a team leader and too damn dopey to be one.

I quoted John Madden earlier along these lines: For grossman to play well, he needs a perfect play, perfect protection and the receiver needs to run a perfect path while being open. If those stars are not aligned Grossman fails.

points of where grossman sucks:

A - not a team leader
B - to damn dopey on the sidelines with little team interaction or motivation
C - lack peripheral vision, fails to avoid the sack
D - dodges the sack in a poor fashion (many times grossman turned toward backwards to avoid the sack, which resulted in a loss of more yards)
E - he is too short physically, a good quarterback should be tall to see down field (kyle orton)
F - poor at reading the defensive play
G - poor at scanning the receivers
H - leads the defense to who hes throwing too
I - poor at misleading the defense (pump fakes, etc)
J - does not protect the ball well
K - poor judgement on where to throw, has thrown into thick coverage too many times
L - poor depth / distance judgement

etc
etc
etc

When discussing stats and numbers, Jim McMahon had pretty good stats, he also did have poor plays and passes (which most people remember) however even through his poor playing or when the team was down, he was a great team leader and offense leader which kept the teams spirit high. Grossman is a damn mute that cries in the corner and makes poor excuses and has killed the teams spirit.

An average team with great team leaders, naturally creates a hungry team that wins games. Players have to have a drive to play along side each other. Defensive player respect urlacher and want to play when he plays, offensive players want to play along side Brett Farve. Nobody on the bears want to play alongside grossman, they have been burned too many times by him.

They make big plays and then grossman blows the next.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Great post Ibanez....

Quick Reply: I Want Rex