Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

I Want Rex

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibanez7
Prime meaning Griese's age for being a prime player..... he is past that.
Directions to his prime meaning Griese never had one. He had 2-3 good years when he was surrounded by a good offense. He was a lack luster QB in his "prime" and now he's washed up.

in regards to a bandwagon, I have never liked grossman from the beginning.
And your ignorance shows that. Blame it all on Grossman when we have no offense in general.

regardless what the stats say, grossman is not a pro quarterback, will never be a good pro quarterback and even if he throws 400 touchdowns he is not a team leader and too damn dopey to be one.
Continuing to be ignorant I see. Good approach because the facts aren't agreeing with you.

I quoted John Madden earlier along these lines: For grossman to play well, he needs a perfect play, perfect protection and the receiver needs to run a perfect path while being open. If those stars are not aligned Grossman fails.
#1. This is pro football and if you're not running your routes as a wide receiver you should be on the bench.
#2. The play calling for the Bears has been absolute ****.
#3. I don't think asking for less than 3 sacks a game is asking for "perfect protection"

points of where grossman sucks:

A - not a team leader
Who cares? Our offense isn't what makes this team, our defense is. That's where our leaders are.
B - to damn dopey on the sidelines with little team interaction or motivation
What are you supposed to do? Go yell at a receiver for missing a catch? Go yell at the offensive line because he's ending up on his back 1/2 the time? Go yell at Ron Turner that running 5 yard out plays is getting him nowhere? Go yell at Benson for fumbling the ball again?

He'd lose his voice by the end of the first half.
C - lack peripheral vision, fails to avoid the sack
So now he has to play running back and quarterback? His job isn't to avoid 5 rushers and throw the ball.

PS. Griese was sacked 6 times against the Lions. Grossman has been sacked 9 times over 3 games.
D - dodges the sack in a poor fashion (many times grossman turned toward backwards to avoid the sack, which resulted in a loss of more yards)
I'll agree on this actually.

That being said, his yards lost on sacks are not much higher than Griese's (9.11 vs. 8.67 yards/sack)
E - he is too short physically, a good quarterback should be tall to see down field (kyle orton)
hahaha, yes that 3" makes a HUGE difference between him and Orton. Grossman is 6'-1", Favre/Romo are 6'-2"
F - K
You really think Griese is any better? Grossman doesn't call the plays and you're going to figure out the problem soon enough. Just be sure to come back and tell me I was right.
J - does not protect the ball well
Griese - 2 fumbles, 3 INT's (in 1 game)
Grossman - 1 fumble, 6 INT's (in 3 games)

L - poor depth / distance judgement
hahaha, that's one of the things Grossman DOESN'T have a problem with.

An average team with great team leaders, naturally creates a hungry team that wins games. Players have to have a drive to play along side each other. Defensive player respect urlacher and want to play when he plays, offensive players want to play along side Brett Farve. Nobody on the bears want to play alongside grossman, they have been burned too many times by him.
I think it's the other way around lately, Grossman has been burned too many times by the offense. First time he went deep against San Diego Barrien ran the wrong route and didn't even look for the ball. How the hell are you supposed to throw to a guy when you don't even know if he's going to be doing his job? Or how about we hand the ball to Benson so he can fumble it?

They make big plays and then grossman blows the next.
In the game against San Diego Grossman had 1 INT. Yet the Bears fumbled it 4 times, losing 3 of them. Yeah, Grossman is really blowing games. They probably would of won that game if it wasn't for the turnovers.

I also find all the leadership comments hilarious considering Grossman and Lovie have very similar mannerisms. You going to talk about him not being a leader next? Of course not.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

I really like how now all the idiots that wanted Grossman benched after 1-2 bad games are having to defend Griese. The best part is 95% of them are ignorant as hell about the game of football so it's really easy to make them look stupid.

I also like how Griese was making excuses about how he had to get used to the speed of the game again instead of taking the blame. At least Grossman is a man and takes the blame (right or wrong) for what happens.

P.S. I know it's tough for all the bandwagoners to remember, but Griese played against these very same packers last year on new year's eve. A QB rating of 46.9, 1 TD and 2 interceptions were the results. Buckle up guys, this weekend is going to be rough. I'll personally be laughing my *** off that people actually thought we should bench Grossman for Griese.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by njn63
Directions to his prime meaning Griese never had one. He had 2-3 good years when he was surrounded by a good offense. He was a lack luster QB in his "prime" and now he's washed up.
I never said he was good, but I do feel his mechanics of a quarterback are better then grossmans.

Neither griese, or grossman is answer the bears need.

And your ignorance shows that. Blame it all on Grossman when we have no offense in general.
wow very childish to take shots at another persons opinion, you may get off seeing grossman on his back all the time, but do as other here have. Respect the opinions of others without implying insults.

Continuing to be ignorant I see. Good approach because the facts aren't agreeing with you.
again read the statement above.

#1. This is pro football and if you're not running your routes as a wide receiver you should be on the bench.
#2. The play calling for the Bears has been absolute ****.
#3. I don't think asking for less than 3 sacks a game is asking for "perfect protection"
you just proved yourself that grossman should be benched, with statement #1. its pro football, if a quarterback can not lead a team down field and completes multiple interceptions, then he should be benched.

#2. yeah the play calling has not been the best, but the bears have been desperate to find a working play because of all of the failed results of a good play. meaning the players can not execute. honestly could you call a better game. doubtful

#3. all quaterbacks in the nfl feel pressure, many of them can dodge the sack or get rid of the ball to avoid a huge loss of yards. Rex can not.

Who cares? Our offense isn't what makes this team, our defense is. That's where our leaders are.
now that just sounds like talk from the 80s. Yes the bears are known throughout history as the defensive driven team. However times have changed and they need leadership to fire up the offense, after the defensive creates a turnover.

What are you supposed to do? Go yell at a receiver for missing a catch? Go yell at the offensive line because he's ending up on his back 1/2 the time? Go yell at Ron Turner that running 5 yard out plays is getting him nowhere? Go yell at Benson for fumbling the ball again?

He'd lose his voice by the end of the first half.
YES, actually Rex should get fired up and get in there faces regarding dropped passes, just as the receives should yell at him for consistent interceptions and over throws. In other fire up the team and quit being p*ssies.

So now he has to play running back and quarterback? His job isn't to avoid 5 rushers and throw the ball.
actually his job is to avoid being sacked while protecting the ball and moving it down field regardless if the offensive line sucks or not. Thats what a quarterback does. Grossman fails at this, most pro quarterbacks protect the ball and or complete passes while on the running and dodging a sack. Grossman does not show enough drive to perform this.

You really think Griese is any better? Grossman doesn't call the plays and you're going to figure out the problem soon enough. Just be sure to come back and tell me I was right.
never said griese was the answer, but I do feel griese has better quarterback mechanics then grossman

I also find all the leadership comments hilarious considering Grossman and Lovie have very similar mannerisms. You going to talk about him not being a leader next? Of course not.
that is exactly the problem Lovie is too laid back, but I feel he is a great coach that demands respect from his team without belittling his players. This attitude works well for his position. However as a player Grossman is too laid back (its like he smoked himself stupid on weed). He shows no drive to fight and keep the ball alive and displays no push to keep his team fired up and play well, even if they are performing poor.

it sounds like you have never played on a team before....
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

I really like how now all the idiots that wanted Grossman benched after 1-2 bad games are having to defend Griese. The best part is 95% of them are ignorant as hell about the game of football so it's really easy to make them look stupid.

I also like how Griese was making excuses about how he had to get used to the speed of the game again instead of taking the blame. At least Grossman is a man and takes the blame (right or wrong) for what happens.

P.S. I know it's tough for all the bandwagoners to remember, but Griese played against these very same packers last year on new year's eve. A QB rating of 46.9, 1 TD and 2 interceptions were the results. Buckle up guys, this weekend is going to be rough. I'll personally be laughing my *** off that people actually thought we should bench Grossman for Griese.
I agree man, i know how you feel, i just gave up on these retards who think it was all rex's fault
Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

that is exactly the problem Lovie is too laid back, but I feel he is a great coach that demands respect from his team without belittling his players. This attitude works well for his position. However as a player Grossman is too laid back (its like he smoked himself stupid on weed). He shows no drive to fight and keep the ball alive and displays no push to keep his team fired up and play well, even if they are performing poor.
Did you watch the Bengals game VS the Pats last night? I did and you know what i saw Palmer ( a great QB ) was getting an ear full from his main man Ocho and guess what Palmer did, just sat there and took it, didnt get all pissed off, no need be calm about things.. whats wrong with that, people have their own ways to get up for the game or learn from their mistakes just because you dont think thats the right like i think you said before ....

wow very childish to take shots at another persons opinion, you may get off seeing grossman on his back all the time, but do as other here have. Respect the opinions of others without implying insults.
Insulting the way he goes about his tasks really isnt your problem now is it... Rex is who he is and got here by doing the things he does.. Im sure in Florida he had a line that block for him and some receivers that knew how to get OPEN and catch the ball....

How about stop being a girl and make up your own damn mind about things instead of the media who just love to cause problems, maybe if u all rooted for rex and this O something woulda happen... and ill be laughing on sunday too when we go tore a new *&*&&3*#
Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

I don't think REX will be aroud next year to worry about. I hope we get a good qb for next year, the three we have are worthless. Who knows? It can't get much worse!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

again read the statement above.
I called you ignorant, not stupid. Only someone that is ignorant would call offensive lineman "slow and overweight." You can't hide behind the "opinion" tag when you're talking about things that are fact.

Nice attack on my sexuality though. That's not childish at all.

you just proved yourself that grossman should be benched, with statement #1. its pro football, if a quarterback can not lead a team down field and completes multiple interceptions, then he should be benched.
What is he supposed to do, run it himself? He can't throw it to his receivers because they either don't run their route or drop the ball. That is if he even gets the ball off because there is 2 people in the backfield as soon as he drops back.

#2. yeah the play calling has not been the best, but the bears have been desperate to find a working play because of all of the failed results of a good play. meaning the players can not execute. honestly could you call a better game. doubtful
Yes, I could if it was my job and that's all I worried about. Hell, here's an idea: RUN THE BALL ONCE IN A WHILE There we go, I just called a better game than Turner can.

#3. all quaterbacks in the nfl feel pressure, many of them can dodge the sack or get rid of the ball to avoid a huge loss of yards. Rex can not.
Not all QB's are scrambling QB's. The last thing in the world we want is Grossman scrambling because his accuracy decreases exponentially when he throws at an awkward position.

blah blah blah
I really don't care enough to reply to the rest of that right now, i'm too busy mourning the Cubs loss.

Originally Posted by Schultzp85
How about stop being a girl and make up your own damn mind about things instead of the media who just love to cause problems, maybe if u all rooted for rex and this O something woulda happen... and ill be laughing on sunday too when we go tore a new *&*&&3*#
I don't know if I posted it in here, but I was at the 3rd preseason game last year (Chargers vs. Bears). There were people chanting for Griese and he got a standing ovation from 1/4 of the crowd when he came into the game. This was 2006, before Rex took any snaps basically. Rex was fucked from the beginning in Chicago, I honestly hope he gets cut and gets into an offensive system that fits him and utilizes his skills. He deserves it after the shitty treatment he got here.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

ignorance is not being open minded to others opinions and or thoughts, usually because of the lack of knowledge regarding something that is capable of knowing.

as far as the media comment. I have never followed media and I never do. I dont even read the news or watch the news. The media has a great tendency of picking apart a scapegoat like a scab that wont go away. Right now Rex is that scapegoat. Do I feel he is entirely to blame for the poor performance of the bears, NO i dont, but I do feel he is a poor quarterback and this thread is about Rex not the team.

I have not liked grossman since day he was signed. I have always felt he was a bad choice.

in regards to the sexual innuendo of grossman on his back, that was never an attack on your sexuality but more of a statement regarding that I feel you enjoy defending what myself and many other believe is a poor quarterback. Interpret the words as you will.

cant comment on the cubs I'm not cubs a fan......

I enjoyed playing baseball but watching it is as boring as watching imports race.
Cubs could win or lose. Same when the bulls had their empire. Did nothing for me.

Quick Reply: I Want Rex