Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRracing
Man, why don't you just swap/buy my RPM T56? And I have a TNT F1 n20 kit for sale!!! I'll make you a pakage deal!!! Something to think about!
How much are you asking for the T56 and n2o kit? I wanted to take the car to them since my tranny isn't totally trashed they can rebuild with with all the Level IV stuff and a few little Level V things for about $1600
Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Ok JR, now that just hurts my feelings, a CAM ONLY LS1 that will spank me
Thats sad. Here I go and put all this money in my LT1 just to be spanked by a LS1 with a cam....J/K it's cool though! Hope ya get that thing together for next year.... James
Old 11-16-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by purdueranger
I work at the Tech Center. I am a MET in HDD test ops.
I work at the OLY building. I am a System Test Engineer in the Controls group. Stop by sometime if you can. There is a guy here who has 8-9 fbodies, and his DD is an LS1 SS. Very nice looking ride, but I've only spoken to him once about our cars. He just bought another one to replace the one his son wrapped around a tree a few weeks ago.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

Hows it going George??? Long time no talk-huh! Well we're gonna see if I can get this car done by summer....Wish me LUCK- I'm gonna neeed it man! It's gonna cost me more to build the motor than I paid for the car Go Figure Huh! Well I just put the block back in the shop to get splayed this week....Hope to get it back here soon and when I do, I'll get some pics. I have a few on my MYSPACE Page...Check em out if ya want. BTW I'm still interested in those tires. PLEASE don't sell them. I need em bad, just wrapped all of my money up in moving and now I owe all kinds of $ to my engine builder. So I'm pretty much busted for now! Well get ahold of me if ya need some work done and LMK how ya been Good Luck with your work.....James
Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Fishers here, and probably the youngest... 17...
Old 11-17-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black_95_Z28
How much are you asking for the T56 and n2o kit? I wanted to take the car to them since my tranny isn't totally trashed they can rebuild with with all the Level IV stuff and a few little Level V things for about $1600
I just PM'ed ya some info!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey, James, it's going fine. Just too darn busy, but that's a good thing, right?
I almost stopped by your work about a month ago; I was in the area assisting a client. But I made a wrong turn and gave it up.
Don't worry about the tires & wheels, I am in no rush.
I'm still trying to find a reliable mechanic; the last one I spoke to never returned my second phone call or email to schedule a visit. I am really puzzled as to why these guys don't want money...
But he thought that I had busted rings, which means pulling the engine. I have done more research and I have concluded that he is probably correct. Only a leak down test will tell, and I am hoping that the guy in Columbus can help me out there.
You should accept the fact that your car is a money pit; hot rodding has always been that way. You do realize that it will be a close race as to which goes first, the diff or the tranny. My money is on the diff, given the issues you spoke of this year.
I do need something done on my DD, I will pm you about that. It is a simple thing that I could do myself, but I don't have one particular piece of equip for it.
I checked out your myspace again; I still can't find the link to any car pics. Mainly some short skinny blonde chick, and you. Umm, don't tell Amber I said that, she'll beat the crap out of me.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Teching In

hey guys how you doin? im kinda new to this and was jsut wondering if any of you guys ever meet up and go ride around or anything like that?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2000PewterTA
hey guys how you doin? im kinda new to this and was jsut wondering if any of you guys ever meet up and go ride around or anything like that?
Here's your chance, James.
We have had more than one Fisher's fbody show up for the Saturday night roundup down in Greenwood. And at the former Suds location, also located in Greenwood. There just isn't anything appropriate on the far north side of town.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

I used to cruise around a lot in the last car, koolaid kid and James and all them will tell you those days are gone for now with this car for more then one reason hahaha. I still go out and hang out at dirrefent spots though. Just don't go out and drive all over the place with everyone.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

im in greenwood just south of indy
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, Juiced, if you got a real car (read LT1 Formula) you could still ride with us...
But seriously, will you be back on the road in the spring? Perhaps a little quieter, a little better fuel economy? I would really like to see your machine run someone, preferably those 'Stangs that thought they were hot stuff.
I hope to have my car repaired by then, so I can see how my poor little cat-back car will run against those badazz LS1s.
LS1-NAVY, James (LT1Formula007) started organizing the Greenwood group earlier this year. Look for it to start up next spring, even though his 383 may not be done by then. And his lady, Amber, will be along to handle the piloting duties for him.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah George I can take care of your DD issues tomorrow I'll call you and we can meet up at the shop. And your right I may not be done with the 383, BUT if not, I'll have the Iroc going by then so I can always cruise that till I get the Formula put together. I'm gonna try to have it all done NO LATER than June or July though. I have to not only build the motor, But I have to buy Injectors , Headers, Do a True Dual setup or Put a cut-out in, 58mm TB, Port the Intake, Build the Transmission, Do some Suspension work, Get some tires , and get it tuned as well. It's gonna take alot of $ but I'll get it done eventually. Wish me Luck I'll need it man! Or better yet if ya got a few thousand Dollars you don't need LMK I'll spend it wisely for you
David, Man you need to get a street car.... Like George said perhaps a LT1 Formula, or another Z28 like your old one. Just something to go cruising around in when you wanna hang out with the crew. You saw all the people we had hanging out at Sisters that one night, and all the people who came out to the show that we had the first time. Well, if you had a SLIGHTLY modified car, and NOT some BUILT UP HOTROD You could be running with us again.
Oh and 2000PewterTA....Ya we have hangouts and cruises all the time during the summer. And when we aren't hanging out on the strip we're usually helping someone out with their car or something. But if your interested in hanging out next season....LMK Just kick me down a PM and I'll let you know next season when we're all gonna be out again. We always cruise around on US31 South in Greenwood and go towards Downtown to where it curves and turns to Madison and then back down South to Greenwood to hangout. LMK
And has anyone talked to Alex in the NBM WS6 Lately?? I wonder what he's been up to?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, I hate to see you in an inferior (read Camaro) car, but so be it.
I sent you a PM, read it and we can talk tomorrow.
David, well, I suspect he is a lost cause with his antique car. But some folk can be brought back, we'll see.
The 3k is in the mail, and will arrive about the same time that 383 arrives in my engine bay.
I was wondering about Alex as well. I only saw him those few times. I wonder if his car is still around, and looking for a new home? I will have to give him a call and see how he is doing. I know that school and work were putting him in a bind.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Well, Juiced, if you got a real car (read LT1 Formula) you could still ride with us...
But seriously, will you be back on the road in the spring? Perhaps a little quieter, a little better fuel economy? I would really like to see your machine run someone, preferably those 'Stangs that thought they were hot stuff.
I hope to have my car repaired by then, so I can see how my poor little cat-back car will run against those badazz LS1s.
LS1-NAVY, James (LT1Formula007) started organizing the Greenwood group earlier this year. Look for it to start up next spring, even though his 383 may not be done by then. And his lady, Amber, will be along to handle the piloting duties for him.
Ehh, there are some custom mufflers from the previous owner that I am going to get if they fit that will quiet it down some.

Ill be back out, had some mods come in for it and $150 in spark plug wires . Going to do a few other odds and ends along with having the windows tinted.

If you remember the black LS1 GTO with the cowl hood at Madison grill that one night I ran him not knowing he was on it.

I could see him reving it (could not here it hahaha) and so I thought he wanted to see it go so I droped it into second and nailed it for like two seconds and then I was like "were did he go???" come to find out he had it in first and on the floor and said I put an easy 4-5 cars on him instantly and that was with me in second and no bottle compared to the stock 350hp GTO. Thats the only thing I did last year. Goodman wants to run me in his GN but I know he is spraying it now and I will spray mine next year

I think when people see solenoids good enough for a 400 shot they think twice , The guy in the TT C6 has yet to say anything to me but wants me to run Goodman hahaha.

Based on what I am doing and have done and based on what the car as done going 10's on the motor will be easy. It went 11.0-11.1 with crapy tires, heavier wheels, less suspension, ect ect ect.
Ill be happy with that then spray it with a 2XX shot, not that it will be legal for any of those times.

Ill get a nice cruiser after I buy a house next year.
Maybe a nice red LT1 SS.

I do kinda like it being loud when I roll threw the import side of Burlington hahaha.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya gotta love it when he thinks he is running you and you don't know it. Of course, running a stock GTO is kinda like running a Busa against a scooter...Reminds me of when I used to race my RD350s against Honda 750s. They would usually give up at the end of 2nd gear and turn off on a side street...
You know your car is too loud, so hopefully you will remedy that. That is my sleeper instinct coming forward; I wish my car sounded stock, so the idjuts would be even more completely fooled.
Seems to me the GNX would be a good judge of where you are. And the TT C6 should have had the guts to see where he stood.
I don't open my hood, so not sure what others would think if they saw my downpipe.
If you go to the track, you will only get one run. Then they say you are too fast, and off you go. Sigh.
I guess you could settle for an SS, if you can't afford to move up to a class act like the WS6...
As to Burlington, I like the fact that they attract all the cops with their stupid antics. Leaves everything else available for the rest of us.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

LOL, Im not much into the sleeper think anymore, people know what the car has ran and just scratch their heads trying to figure out what it will run now because they know me and can see stuff going in the car.

I have no problem at all opening the hood, they still don't know what the car is jetted to ect ect.
My Noids will support a 400 shot, who knows what I will end up running and the fuel system will handle it or close.

Those LS1 GTO's still run like bottom 14's or so with an average driver I think. Instant 5 cars or so on a high 13 to 14 sec car.... hmmm

I think I will just clamp onthe new mufflers and keep the race ones for when I want to be LOUD! Granted I do know the cam lop and loudness scares people hahaha.

Best of my knowledge the only person that wants a run is Goodman, the GNX is a clone and thats Tony. Goodman wants it just for fun but knows motor to motor it would be to close for comfort. I know for a fact deep down he will only be ready to go when he is spraying (is now). Well, he knows I am doing some stuff this winter and deep down knows I will come out with rebuilt noids spraying hard out of the hole so if something ever happend I know both of us would have to pull the bollte because we are both hustlers in some ways hahaha.

On cold tires with cruising tire pressure launching on the motor at like 2300 RPM the car hooked hard. Doubt I will be able to to much more RPM then that on the foot brake since its a manual brake car.

People are to scared to loose, James will tell you I have lost and in the future will loose again, Im not scared of it, you can't wim them all.
Im a camaro guy deep down honestly but do like the WS.6 cars.

You miised the last night all of us were out and at Burlington, had some guy that was TRASHED talking to me trying to get me to race his brothers truck and how fast it is, a good 10 minutes later he was like "ehh, this car is to fast to race him" hahahaha

Got a plate coming for it in April........... 1SICKZ
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

i will be out alot more next year... car is ready, just too damn cold
Old 11-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Launching!

I live in Noblesville. I have a Cam only TA that runs alright. I am going to do some odds and ends this winter.

JUICED96Z I would be game for a couple of runs come spring.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

When we did the car show that (Sunday?) the north side folk met up at 116th & 69 south. Almost sounds like we need another run like that. I wouldn't mind leading, but I certainly would not want to be caught on the north side doing what happens on the south side. It would not be pretty.
Not sure though, since Saturday nights start so late down south...
David, sounds like you have a challenger. Perhaps you would be able to push the Camaro to the line?
Didn't know the GNX was a clone; I heard that the real GNXs were cherry picked engines, which means his is not. Hmmm. Still, he is whistling instead of whining (F/I joke).

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!