Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol yeah it was pretty nasty. it's actually my buddy's car. it was a backyard spraypaint job. he ended up painting it flat black because the car got a little too famous with the cops. but it hasn't ran in over 2 years. we've been talking about bringing it back in the summer of 09 with an LSX or BBC engine. and re-painting it back to the general lee with spraypaint again. it will be very disgusting too look at but it should at least be entertaining.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
because the car got a little too famous with the cops
From what I remember seeing I am pretty sure that was more due to his driving, not the horrid paint job
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

bunch of homos
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cop Car
bunch of homos
Blunt are we?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

well they are guys.. who have sex with each other

haha
Old 01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
From what I remember seeing I am pretty sure that was more due to his driving, not the horrid paint job
i'm sure his driving had a lot to do with it but cops will remember a poorly painted general lee camaro driving like an idiot before they will will remember a camaro with a normal paint job that was driving like an idiot.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cop Car
well they are guys.. who have sex with each other

haha

HAHAHAHAHA, maybe a special delivery of the callender "Stud's n' Spurs" ????

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
i'm sure his driving had a lot to do with it but cops will remember a poorly painted general lee camaro driving like an idiot before they will will remember a camaro with a normal paint job that was driving like an idiot.

But if he would have driven live a normal person I doubt he would have got that much attention from the po-po

Cops around here remeber cars no matter what the paint job (trust me), hillbilly paint jobs don't help though hahaha
Old 01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I am pretty known for street racing around the southside as well, But I have just a normal looking car. And it seems that cops don't really mess with me as much. However if I was to paint it like the General or put an obnoxiously loud exhaust on it. I BET cops would know me very well. Hell every 5 seconds I'm in the gas pedal.

Sounds cool man....an LSX in a 3rd gen. I thought about it last year when a friend of mine was trying to sell 2 LS1's for pretty decent prices. and he had the Trans. and wiring and computer too.

If you need a LS1 Long Block I can get you 1 but it won't be until April when he gets back form Florida.
LMK
James
Old 01-24-2008, 04:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Yeah I am pretty known for street racing around the southside as well, But I have just a normal looking car. And it seems that cops don't really mess with me as much. However if I was to paint it like the General or put an obnoxiously loud exhaust on it. I BET cops would know me very well. Hell every 5 seconds I'm in the gas pedal.

Sounds cool man....an LSX in a 3rd gen. I thought about it last year when a friend of mine was trying to sell 2 LS1's for pretty decent prices. and he had the Trans. and wiring and computer too.

If you need a LS1 Long Block I can get you 1 but it won't be until April when he gets back form Florida.
LMK
James
well the LSX is probably the route we'll go with simply because we'll be able to use parts i already i have. the car will be gutted and probably have the stock drivetrain thats in my trans am right now. the 4L60E is on borrowed time and on stock or near stock power i think the 10 bolt will hold at least for awhile. the "general" will definately be an eyesore but we're looking to get 12s out of it on slicks before something breaks. i won't even be back to the states until the end of april, one of those longblocks could be an option and also what type of transmission does he have? thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

LMK
James
lsx in thirdgens suck
Old 01-24-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
lsx in thirdgens suck
i agree. god is punishing me by forcing me to store one in my garage. gay.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

LMK
James
You have a problem with obnoxiously loud exhaust systems??

Mine is at least twice as loud and I have pased quite a few cops late at night who did not even give my car a second look.

But then again I was doing just under the speed limit all the time and using as little gas pedal as possible.....

Ditch the LSX, go looking for a nice used 454 with aluminum heads, get a nice cam and valvetrain with a nice intake and carb, then get a nice stall, tranny, driveshaft, 12 bolt with gears. and some stickies.

Then find a nice used N20 plate system and rebuild the noids and go have fun.

Thats all my car is....
Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Ditch the LSX, go looking for a nice used 454 with aluminum heads, get a nice cam and valvetrain with a nice intake and carb, then get a nice stall, tranny, driveshaft, 12 bolt with gears. and some stickies.

Then find a nice used N20 plate system and rebuild the noids and go have fun.

Thats all my car is....
I disagree, build a car you can drive, that runs on pump gas, gets 20+ mpg when you are cruising the interstate all well busting some ***. LSX is the only option.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

I agree with sedanman. LSX ALL THE WAY!
And on that LS1 Longblock....He sold the transmission already, but to be honest with you, find 1 on this site and rebuild it. Put that in the car with the LS1and your ready to go. Oh BTW; The Longblock only had 26K miles on it when it was pulled. And he would let it go reasonable. If you decide you want it just shoot me a PM and come April we can have a talk with him and see what he would want for it. He also had an LS1 block there the last time I was out there and he was doing a COMPLETE rebuild of it and was going to sell it also this summer. If you catch him in time he could build it the way you want it.

Well GTG.......
James
Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Junkie

actually..

ditch the ls1 and start with a 6.0, your build options exponentially increase for literally half the price of a block.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
lsx in thirdgens suck
LSx's come in cars other than Corvettes?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by s346k
actually..

ditch the ls1 and start with a 6.0, your build options exponentially increase for literally half the price of a block.
can you buy LS3 long blocks yet???
Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

back to the cops and driving like an idiot- I got stopped down there last summer for 60 over in a 45. :p I got really lucky the tow truck didn't make it...
Old 01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

yes, you can buy ls3 complete engines. they're all over gen 4 on tech.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Second Club

Jeff, That was some funny **** last year when you got pulled over. No offense, but I had to laugh. Remember I pulled over and waited for you and the cops rolled up on me and asked what I was doing in the lot by myself and I told them I was having car trouble and your *** came rolling up into the lot beside me! They was staring hard as hell after that. But yeah that was some funny *** ****. Man did you ever get your ***** out of your stomach from that night you lucky ****!
James

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!