Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have a lightly used heater core for cheap or donation *cough*James. I'm broke and I'm freezing my ***** off! It clogged up on me late last winter and GM wants over $200 so I went to Pep Boys, O'Reilleys, Advance and the pipes were too short on all of them. Cheap ****! At the time I figured "Hell, I've got all summer to fix that", and you know how that goes sometimes. I've still got some drywall for trade if anyone is interested. The Biz, there are still a few of us slow LT1s out there. Are you the white TA with the Berger panel. If so, sweet looking ride!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97greenie
Anyone have a lightly used heater core for cheap or donation *cough*James. I'm broke and I'm freezing my ***** off! It clogged up on me late last winter and GM wants over $200 so I went to Pep Boys, O'Reilleys, Advance and the pipes were too short on all of them. Cheap ****! At the time I figured "Hell, I've got all summer to fix that", and you know how that goes sometimes. I've still got some drywall for trade if anyone is interested. The Biz, there are still a few of us slow LT1s out there. Are you the white TA with the Berger panel. If so, sweet looking ride!
I'd just get a O'Reilly's or Advance Heater Core and extend the hoses if you have to. Although, I don't know why they would not fit. Give me a call, I know of a GM manufacturer where I can get parts for cheaper than a dealer and they are still ACDELCO Parts. Also, The BIZ has a LT1 body style TA but it's not out on 31. It's in pieces right now, awaiting a heart transplant!

The TA with the Black CETA mod is my buddy Ray's. The black taillights, Lower Bumper (CETA/Berger Mod) and the black-out fog Lights and side markers....Oh and it's an LS1!
The biz hasn't came out this year.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^and i cant wait to c it. when i was at the shop it looked pretty sweet and wish i could do something like that
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
^^and i cant wait to c it. when i was at the shop it looked pretty sweet and wish i could do something like that
Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Also, The BIZ has a LT1 body style TA but it's not out on 31. It's in pieces right now, awaiting a heart transplant!
Both are correct. Its ever so close now. I give it a couple more weeks. Waiting on different connecting rods, main studs, sub frames, and my clutch. Everything else is just waiting for assembly. Oh, and the new WS6 hood is sitting at the shop as well. Heart Transplant...cough...again....cough....and a face lift.

I should be going by spring.
Benny will be back out next summer.
The Heckster is a few parts away as well.
Joe got new lowering springs, gears, and headers this year.
Jon is forever modding the **** out of the Orange Beast
"Little Hands" is buying heads and N20 this winter

..and the rest of you ******* are already going...for the most part. I'm gonna go ahead and call next summer a F$CKING BLAST!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Yeah James, I dont know why they didn't fit. I wish that I could just extend the hoses but the pipes would only come through the firewall about a 1/4 inch. I thought that something might be in the way so I flushed out the original one and it fit right back in perfect. After I flushed it out, I had heat for about a day and then it got cold again. See if you can get a price for one and pm me. Thanks man. In a couple of years i'll be in the market for a nasty rebuild, maybe by then my 3 teenagers will be out of the house.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97greenie
Yeah James, I dont know why they didn't fit. I wish that I could just extend the hoses but the pipes would only come through the firewall about a 1/4 inch. I thought that something might be in the way so I flushed out the original one and it fit right back in perfect. After I flushed it out, I had heat for about a day and then it got cold again. See if you can get a price for one and pm me. Thanks man. In a couple of years i'll be in the market for a nasty rebuild, maybe by then my 3 teenagers will be out of the house.
Sounds good man! Will do.
And hopefully, You'll mod that car here sooner than later.

I still need to get my car back together. I have most of the money, Just not going to get started till this spring. Just in case any issues with work happen to pop up this winter. We got SUPER SLOW last winter and I almost lost everything. So I kinda planned a little better this year.
AND if everything goes as planned, I'll have a Forged 408. If not, I'll have a Forged 370.
TTYL MAN!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems everyones cars are in the middle of a heart transplant..... just sucks that some cost so much hahaha.

Im taking my projects one step at a time, if I think about it all at once my stomach gets sick...... doubt James blames me hahaha
Old 12-05-2008, 06:38 AM
TECH Junkie

yeap, i'm thinkin i might put a brand new muffler on the ole ta next year, if all goes as planned, that is...i know, i have big plans, but everyone dreams at some point.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBiz
Both are correct. Its ever so close now. I give it a couple more weeks. Waiting on different connecting rods, main studs, sub frames, and my clutch. Everything else is just waiting for assembly. Oh, and the new WS6 hood is sitting at the shop as well. Heart Transplant...cough...again....cough....and a face lift.

I should be going by spring.
Benny will be back out next summer.
The Heckster is a few parts away as well.
Joe got new lowering springs, gears, and headers this year.
Jon is forever modding the **** out of the Orange Beast
"Little Hands" is buying heads and N20 this winter

..and the rest of you ******* are already going...for the most part. I'm gonna go ahead and call next summer a F$CKING BLAST!

and around spring i will be callin you guys for the cam install
Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Launching!

I can't wait to get my car running again and warm weather to come.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by s346k
yeap, i'm thinkin i might put a brand new muffler on the ole ta next year, if all goes as planned, that is...i know, i have big plans, but everyone dreams at some point.
Im dreaming about a 3,000hp 4 banger under the hood of my car
Old 12-05-2008, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

I need to make up a hit list of who all is going down this summer.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

ill be in fishers, indiana tomorrow and indy if anyone wants to meet up... wont be in the monte tho...
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
and around spring i will be callin you guys for the cam install
Damn right!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
I need to make up a hit list of who all is going down this summer.
Can I get 2 lengths and you on the motor?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBiz
Can I get 2 lengths and you on the motor?
Who will be driving your car? lol
Old 12-05-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Who will be driving your car? lol
Me, hence the 2 lengths and you on the motor. Didn't Dave tell you...Rodney took 3rd gear completely out of my transmission. You can't miss what you don't have. 1-2-4! Bitches.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

lol!! Well mine doesn't want to shift on the 2-3, and if I keep making jokes with David, it will continue to do that.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Come spring Benny I will be game for grabbing a lane motor to motor or bottle to bottle.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol!! Well mine doesn't want to shift on the 2-3, and if I keep making jokes with David, it will continue to do that.
So we should just run straight up. Did Dave tell you that the rods I had were in fact wrong? I ordered a set of H-Beams. Jegs Price matched them and gave me free shipping.

I'm gonna stud the bottom end too. I got the same deal as the other motor. Cheap studs and like $50 to line hone. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!