Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default July 18th- MAM and cruise

Allllllllllllrighty then. I'm hoping that people will come out for this.
On July 18th (Friday night), MAM will have a Street Race from 6pm unitl 12 am. I'm going there (as well as the Summit race the next day if y'all want to whip up on some trailered cars!) that night, but thought it might be fun to go eat first and then drive out there. That would be a sight; a dozen or so Camaros and Firebirds heading to the track. Let's start getting together ideas for a prerace meal or postrace bar. I am putting Allbaugh (sorry I didn't get you called about the throttle body man) in charge of getting this together since he is currently there and I'm still stuck out in the desert for a while longer. Thanks guys,
Wayne
Old 06-15-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

July 17-20, Kearney Cruise Night activities, ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deep1jpfx4U
Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by liveatstrip
Allllllllllllrighty then. I'm hoping that people will come out for this.
On July 18th (Friday night), MAM will have a Street Race from 6pm unitl 12 am. I'm going there (as well as the Summit race the next day if y'all want to whip up on some trailered cars!) that night, but thought it might be fun to go eat first and then drive out there. That would be a sight; a dozen or so Camaros and Firebirds heading to the track. Let's start getting together ideas for a prerace meal or postrace bar. I am putting Allbaugh (sorry I didn't get you called about the throttle body man) in charge of getting this together since he is currently there and I'm still stuck out in the desert for a while longer. Thanks guys,
Wayne
WHAT!? don't you know the dark knight comes out july 18th?

Actually this is a good idea, i'll watch it saturday. Who wants to go?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
maybe if you guys weren't such ****** on your board then you would actually have friends
some of the people flame the noobs hard, i don't know why and I don't partake into it, save for a few sarcastic comments for something that sounds funny.

didn't I race you in omaha last year?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Launching!

i raced you when i had my Mustang GT, the blue one. The one that kicked your ***!!
lol. j/k Actually we were probaly pretty close towards the end of a 1/4, u would always get me on top end. Fun time tho.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Default Raced whom?

Originally Posted by wbwhiteboy
i raced you when i had my Mustang GT, the blue one. The one that kicked your ***!!
lol. j/k Actually we were probaly pretty close towards the end of a 1/4, u would always get me on top end. Fun time tho.
Whom did you race? I don't really know anybody out there. I hope to see more of you guys out on Saturday and Sunday when they race for money at MAM. Try it sometime. It beats the lines and the waiting of Friday night. The track is prepped better as well. Also, you're there for a purpose. It's not about the fastest car (though they have some killer street cars out there), it's about a .030 light and dead on the number every round for seven rounds. There is nothing like driving to the strip, bolting on a set of slicks, and putting the wheel-standing drag car dialed in at 7.00 back on his trailer. We need to get a whole group to get going and run MAM's points series next year. It'd be great to put 3 or 4 street cars in the Regional Pro race (I believe it's held in KC). The winner gets an expenses paid trip to California for the nationals. The manager at MAM is a great guy (I mean, c'mon, his nickname is Roadkill) and loves seeing young guns out there. I'll be home for the july 19th race (stupid desert again!!) and would love to help out anyone who hasn't been to a Pro race.
Wayne
Old 06-20-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

^^^ That sounds like fun, but I don't think I can compete with the autos. Also I can't afford to break my 10 bolt right now, but I might come out to watch.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Anybody going to the Beardmore car show?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not planning on it
Old 06-23-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

probably not.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wheelstands at MAM huh? haven't seen that when I have gone yet and there isn't a street car in the crew I know that can pull the wheels yet either. Last time I went it was just ok there were cars there that shouldnt even be on the track even trucks and suv's which is a complete waste of my $5. The burnout contest was nothing more than a bunch of old farm vehicles that no one gave a **** about, there were a few nice cars there but in all nothing spectacular.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

OFFICIAL!!! StarCity Cruise Night!! August 23rd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO:All Car enthusiasts
WHATinner, Meet & Greet, & Cruise
WHEN:Saturday August 23rd. Event Starts at 7:00.
WHERE:The Garage. 48th & Hwy 2
WHY:To meet new people. Look at some great cars. Enjoy a beautiful night cruising and show that the car community kicks ***!

First things first. BE RESPECTFUL! No Burnouts. No Reving. No bumping your stereo. No littering. Basicly use comon sense and act like an adult.

The Garage is graciously sponsoring this event. For those of you that don't know "The Garage" is a bar and grill basicly. Its a car themed resturant that is locally owned and fairly new.

There lot will fit over 100 cars. The owners said we can park anywhere we like. All the other surrounding businesses will be closed.

We have the party room booked in the back for dinner. They are giving us an event special. 35 cent wings!. And they are GOOD! Might I recommend the "Viper Sauce"?

And of course you don't need to come for all events. Just come for the meet & greet if you like. Or the cruise. Whatever you like!

Here is the basic idea for the night.
Schedule:
7:00: Dinner inside The Garage
8:00: Meet & Greet in the parking lot.
10:00: Cruise!
11:00: (After cruise route is complete) We'll end up back at the garage. Recommend cruising Ost.
And most importantly, here is the cruise route. Its just a link for now untill we can get a map posted. Basicly a circle around the city. Pretty easy to follow, but study it hard so you don't get lost. lol.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,0.219727&z=12

Post up if your comming and spread the word! If you tell somebody please tell them about starcityracing.com and have them register and check this thread so they know whats going one. Rules, cruise route, schedule, etc... Lets shoot for 100 cars and fill up the lot!

Hope to see everybody there!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well this thread died, i saw the post on starcity and ness i might try to make it depending on how many guys from omaha are gonna want to go.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Since the map link is phukt up, try this one, ...

http://tinyurl.com/69k3qm
Old 09-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Launching!

late check into this thread.... haha
Old 09-18-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

just a little late...
Old 09-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Launching!

just a little late...
haven't poked my head in an ls1 board in some time...so I have to start somewhere
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Holy **** people are still posting in this???
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NebWS6
haven't poked my head in an ls1 board in some time...so I have to start somewhere
how are the kyb's?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blackhawk777
Holy **** people are still posting in this???
this is nothing... I have seen threads on here and LS2 get dug up after a couple years....that's what happens when you do a search....lol

how are the kyb's?
Good I guess, I bought the car with everything almost already on it so right now I'm trying to sort things out, as everyone does things differently. Trying to find out what eibach's I have as the owner before didn't know, and what type of kyb's I have, to see if the spring rates are any good for the shocks.
They ride good but I have some body squeeks, and the hatch rattle, so it doesnt help when trying to dial something in.

Quick Reply: Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!