Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLPGTP
so how many people here r abiding by the state's necessity for an ugly front plate? lol
I see alot of people put the front plate underneith on the air splitter under the front nose. Is that even legal? I personally think it looks stupid when people do that. Plus I dont need to get pulled over for something stupid like that, and then end up with a DUI or something else. I just run mine on the front.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS6addiction
I do. Cops haunt me as it is. And I work across the street from state patrol HQ. They're always trying to intimidate me with their Charger. You wouldn't believe how those ******** beat their cars.
For realz. They are always out on maple. I had one the other day tailgating the **** out of me, then flew by at damn near 100. Some of them really shouldn't be driving if they are going to do that.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian broadway
NEB, grand Island here i didnt ppl really got on this site bt got a 00 trans am ws6 clone
No offense but either you were drunk, high, or just cant type for **** when you posted this!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

I'm going to guess all of the above.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackhawk777
For realz. They are always out on maple. I had one the other day tailgating the **** out of me, then flew by at damn near 100. Some of them really shouldn't be driving if they are going to do that.
Did the same thing to me last weekend. Brought my car out of hibernation and took it for a drive. Got onto 180/34 off of Cornhusker. Checked my mirrors as I was coming off the on ramp and saw a cop about 1/4 mile back. Signaled my lane change and got into the left lane doing the speed limit. Next thing I know I look in my rearview and the cop is coming up on me hard. I moved over to the right lane and he blew past me, no lights, doing at least 90. Figured he was going after someone else, but a couple miles up the road he had disapeared.

I've gotten used to the flybys from ricers and stangs, but now the cops are doing it too? That's just rediculous.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just kinda thought it was funny that my dad got the T/A out of storage for me and was driving it back to Fremont and he got pulled over a few blocks from their house. lol People in Lincoln seem to never have plates on sports cars and no one gets pulled over... I dunno. I hate that rule.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brian broadway
NEB, grand Island here i didnt ppl really got on this site bt got a 00 trans am ws6 clone
WTF?!?, *shakes head*, wow, ...
Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blakern
I see alot of people put the front plate underneith on the air splitter under the front nose. Is that even legal? I personally think it looks stupid when people do that. Plus I dont need to get pulled over for something stupid like that, and then end up with a DUI or something else. I just run mine on the front.
In my old camaro I didn't have one, the TA had a bumper cover so I just put that over the plate, my current camaro has a plate holder but when the car gets repainted and the front clip replaced it too will be gone. I have never been pulled over for no plate, but then again I don't see alot of cops, and I'm not out all the time for them to see the car, or in places where they are going to care.
Just out driving around I have never been pulled over for something like that..
....so I don't know what to tell you...haha Since you have a TA you could do what I did and put the bumper cover over your plate and if you happen to get pulled over just show that it's under there.....there is nothing they can do about it...they have tried and failed with a couple people I know

Originally Posted by miller456
No offense but either you were drunk, high, or just cant type for **** when you posted this!
x2
Old 03-30-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you talking about the cover with the Bird emblem on it? Just put that on over it? lol ^^^
Old 03-30-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah when i got my car it didnt come with the bumper cover. I could get a new one but like I said before I dont want to get pulled over for something stupid and end up with a DUI or get busted for having Nitrous in the car. I hardly drink when I driving the Trans Am but thats just my luck...
Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

I just kinda thought it was funny that my dad got the T/A out of storage for me and was driving it back to Fremont and he got pulled over a few blocks from their house. lol People in Lincoln seem to never have plates on sports cars and no one gets pulled over... I dunno. I hate that rule.
Wasn't by chance officer Sabata was it? He's my ex brother in law. Have you heard the story about him writing his dad a speeding ticket on Father's day? It's not true. It was expired plates and it was on his birthday. lol
Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Are you talking about the cover with the Bird emblem on it? Just put that on over it? lol ^^^
Yup...haha

Yeah when i got my car it didnt come with the bumper cover. I could get a new one but like I said before I dont want to get pulled over for something stupid and end up with a DUI or get busted for having Nitrous in the car. I hardly drink when I driving the Trans Am but thats just my luck...

I don't think nitrous is illegal in nebraska, at least to the effect that there isn't any laws stating so...hell if we don't have emissions here why would they bother with that....someone else know for sure?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I use mine for shows, but that about it.
I can just push it up in place & leave it with no bolts. Takes 3 seconds to pull it off.
The NSP will stop you for it. (Trust me, I know. And yes, a couple of them now know it only takes 3 second to take it off, ...)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...cover-red.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...EF:MOTORS:1123
Old 04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I got pulled over by the NSP in my old GP with one on. lol I told them I just got done with a car show and forgot. Got a fix-it ticket.

No the guy that pulled my dad over was in Fremont. Old neighbor. lol
Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Ya, I got that. I'm from Fremont too.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

It was officer Rump.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
I use mine for shows, but that about it.
I can just push it up in place & leave it with no bolts. Takes 3 seconds to pull it off.
The NSP will stop you for it. (Trust me, I know. And yes, a couple of them now know it only takes 3 second to take it off, ...)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...cover-red.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...EF:MOTORS:1123
Thanks. I might have to get that. Got alot of bids on it already.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

I'd like one of those for mine. it would look nice
Old 04-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Lincoln here. LT-1 car but should be coming out of hibernation next week with new Lontubes and dual exhaust....hopefully I see some of you guys around. My car is pretty easy to spot, black on black.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup i live here in lincoln also. We really need to get a bunch of Fbody's together and hangout and cruise. It would be a lot fun and a great chance to meet eachother. I think we should do it sometime real soon!

Quick Reply: Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!