Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
This is a bad idea, this promotes modding ...I'm not doing it till the track is built in lincoln.

BTW anyone know the red GTO in Columbus?
\

yea its proly not worth it but oh well, and no i dont know the GTO why do you ask
Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Launching!

This is a bad idea, this promotes modding ...I'm not doing it till the track is built in lincoln.

Ok your right. But Im marking you as number 3 in my head! jk

When is this track in Lincoln going to be done I heard something about it a year ago or so and nothing since
Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Track in lincoln? New to me
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Lots and lots of

http://www.nemotorplex.com/
Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Um if i remember the track that was proposed by lincoln is not going to be built because of people who live near the proposed area complained about the traffic/noise from racing. I also heard that someone wanted to retore a track that is by lincoln somewhere i cant remember but that also fell through for the same reason. me personally i would love to have a track in my back yard so i could go very often and watch and race. I guess Kearney is the only track that is halfway close. This would also stop the dumbass ricers from racing up and down "O" street
Old 03-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Launching!

Yea I would rather drive the extra time to KC than go to Kearney tho. Looks like were stuck with Iowa's 1/8mile around here
Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Teching In

I have been to the track in Topeka it is way better than Kearney but if i was to race the SS i would just drive to Kearney because it is only like an hour and 15 min from the farm by Hampton where i am from and where the car is stored. But i need a new rear and because of the raping that UNL is giving me that might take awhile before i can spend 2500 for a 9" or 12 bolt.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Launching!

O I know school is killing me!! and I my work is closed alot in the winter
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Where do you go i school go-t
Old 03-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Launching!

UNO. Dang just saying UNO is to short of a post
Old 03-11-2008, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

The proposed track isn't gonna happen, at least not in Lancaster county, because there is a cemetary across the road and they're afraid we'll wake the dead. But there is a nice stretch of divided 4 lane highway right there. New concrete!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Teching In

If i didnt have to pay for school i would already have a h/c setup new rear maybe a small dry shot for emergencies. but owell you have to pay money to make money in this world nowdays.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Teching In

Someone needs to win the lottery, buy some land along i-80 and build a strip. I think it would be very profitable for the area. I would build one if i won heck maybe even an indoor one so it could be used all year around.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

An indoor dragstrip? lol That would be cool though. We used to have an indoor go-cart track. I dropped some serious coin in that place before it went belly up.
They tried to get a strip built along I-80 out by air park years ago, but that never happened either. Basically, the county board has now passed legislation that makes it next to impossibe to build a dragstrip anywhere in the county. Last I heard they were looking at Sarpy county.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

Don't know a red one, but I know a guy with a blue '04 in Columbus.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by formula38988
\

yea its proly not worth it but oh well, and no i dont know the GTO why do you ask
I saw him racing a foxbody one night. I haven't seen a blue one there either. I remember in like '05 there was a really nice looking stang. It was like 98-97 or maybe older. Really shiny maroon color, probably new paintm, and sounded mean as hell. Probably cammed. Haven't seen it since.

The new strip in Lincoln was out the door back in august or september cuz I read an article in the Lincoln Journal Star about it. I think that's when that was. Apparently the "board" or whoever makes those decisions doesn't want the strip there. The guy who is fronting the money for this strip talked and talked to them about it and what it seemed to him was that lincoln wants nothing to do with a drag strip. They could bring in some serious dough if the NHRA came there. More than they make for football games and state games if you ask me. I think whoever is making these decisions needs to get their heads out of their *** cuz this would be a sick opportunity for them, but owell. Just think if they had an NHRA event during the state fair. Maybe they wouldn't have such a problem bringing people in for that. When you aren't busy racing they could go check out the concert or something that night at the fair. But what do I know, I'm just a kid and these guys know more than us haha... The guy is determined though. He said he'll find somewhere else to build, but it's unlikely it'll be in lancaster county. I think somewhere inbetween omaha and lincoln would be pretty sweet. Maybe near Mahoney St. Park. I'm pretty sure Topeka brings in some major dough for when the NHRA comes there.

BTW if i remember right there is some new pavement east of lincoln i think. It's like 4 lanes and there is absolutely nothing out there. Anyone know what I'm talking about.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Teching In

I think i heard somewhere that Milford was a possiblity for the strip. Like a mile north of the interstate on the Milford exit. But i could be wrong. A strip is needed in the area i think it would be very profitable especially if is was a NHRA strip. Why cant they think of all the possible money that could come into the comunity. Dumbass people really **** me off.
And yea i think there is some good pavement east of lincoln also highway 77 heading south is good as well. Athough the police are really watching close to lincoln on 77 because it is one of the 2 bypasses around the O street bridge that is looking like it wont be done by this time next year.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

You're right about the money thing. I don't get those people either. They bitch and whine about how we need more revenue and then pull that kind of crap.

I wish I had the money to buy the strip in Schribner. I'd be more than happy to open that up again. My best friend's uncle was the one who originally started it up. We used to go up there when we were kids and get in for free. That's where I first got into drag racing.
When Corky East brought in the IHRA Mid America Nationals, the stands were packed on both sides and the closest motel room you could find was in Blair. The first time the Pro Mods came out, they said it was the hardest hooking track they had seen in a long time. I saw Doug Herbert run the first 4 sec. pass on that track. I have a pic of the clocks somewhere around here. 4.96 @ 289 mph IIRC.

Ahhh, back in the day....
Old 03-11-2008, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

My brother has a blue GTO in omaha (04)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6addiction
You're right about the money thing. I don't get those people either. They bitch and whine about how we need more revenue and then pull that kind of crap.

I wish I had the money to buy the strip in Schribner. I'd be more than happy to open that up again. My best friend's uncle was the one who originally started it up. We used to go up there when we were kids and get in for free. That's where I first got into drag racing.
When Corky East brought in the IHRA Mid America Nationals, the stands were packed on both sides and the closest motel room you could find was in Blair. The first time the Pro Mods came out, they said it was the hardest hooking track they had seen in a long time. I saw Doug Herbert run the first 4 sec. pass on that track. I have a pic of the clocks somewhere around here. 4.96 @ 289 mph IIRC.

Ahhh, back in the day....
I remember watching the cars with the jet engines in them, that was pretty damn cool

Quick Reply: Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!