Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

don't drive a race car in carol stream

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
City cops have become nothing more than income producing pawns for their respective cities. To "serve & protect" now means "to stop & collect".
Nah . . . "Punish & Enslave" . . . .
Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all the State's (or most of it) child support money goes through there,,,,,,,
Old 02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Carol Stream is a dump just stay out of there. Their cops are the worst for stopping people.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

I got 2 speeding tickets at different times in New Lenox, both for 38 in a 30 in a work truck and a Cobra. I went to traffic school for the first one and upon completion, the guy was handing out the reciepts saying you were there he said "New Lenox, home of the speed trap!" One of the tickets was timed on a downhill slope. My foot was off the gas. When I knew I was getting a ticket I ripped into the cop calling him Barney Fife and all kinds of stuff. Figured I'd get my moneys worth ya know? The cops suuuuuuck out here! Don't look for 'em if you need 'em.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

i lived in glendale heights a few years back, i went driving around one day and i see about 20 squad cars sitting in a carol stream parking lot, not one crown vic/impala, but a 10 sec black and white charger with slicks and skinnies and alight bar on top, jacked up 4x4 withs mudders, and a few other built up squad cars. talk about BS
Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Cops in Des Plaines are alright most of the time... I did have one guy follow me all the way from the cop shop to the billiards hall on Lee. then pull me over and go terminator on me... I ended up in jail for a little while that night.... The only ticket I got was for tints!

Can I ask you why I am pulled over?

THATS NOT THE WAY WE START CONVERSATIONS! YOU JUST BOUGHT YOURSELF A TICKET!

For what?

For starters Tinted windows.

give him my info.......

another squad pulls up....

I tell the wife... Looks like I am going to jail.

Sure enough...

Mr. BLAH BLAH BLAH.. We have a problem. Would you mind stepping out of the vehicle.

SONOFABITCH!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Has to be more to that story...

I'm !front plate on the TBSS, it came from Bama. So I either have to drill the holes or buy the SLP setup. I have the SLP thing on the Formula believe or not, I got a ticket mailed to me last year for the ONE day I drove the Formy around my area.... got a no front plate ticket.

I will probably put a front plate on the Camaro too because if I drive to anything, like the Speed Inc. Open house, I have 30 miles one way for someone to pull over the car with the 50 decals on it.

CPD is usually pretty cool, I have in fact not gotten a CPD ticket for a moving violation in about ten years.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

More to the story is that good ole IL issued a court date for some old bullshit, like 98, while I was deployed to the desert in 06, and never even told me about it.. Once the cop found out that, he kinda took it easy, and actually took my cuffs off on the way to the cop shop. I was out in like 30 mins, less 200 bucks.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

CPD is the ****! stopped twice, for moving violations, and off w/ warnings because of my clean record.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i've driven through carol stream numerous times in 07 (ex lived out there). My car is a little loud and I don't have a front plate. Never had a problem. Then again, I was never with a group of other car guys.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:00 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Matt D
New Lenox cops are horrible too. They see you coming down the road and they will get you for everything. I received numerous tickets on numerous occasions. I now live in Joliet where they don't give a ****.
My friend Don who lives by you got pulled over for drag radials and no seatbelt. The cop had no other reason to stop him.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
i've driven through carol stream numerous times in 07 (ex lived out there). My car is a little loud and I don't have a front plate. Never had a problem. Then again, I was never with a group of other car guys.
I think tints is the #1 equpitment thing they notice these days; those seem to cause a lot more trouble than missing front plates or slightly loud exhaust.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Warrenville is pretty bad about the front license plate. Got pulled over around the same spot 3 times in one month and got a ticket for two of those.

Ive never had a problem in Dekalb (lived there for 4 1/2 years).. but then again everyone there drives like morons and u have to be on your guard just to not get hit by an idiot college driver lol.

Naperville... well.. they have nothing better to do lol. My senior year in highschool, I got pulled over for speeding like 20 over (which I was, I'll admit that). And no joke.. the cop pulled out his gun... got on his little intercom thing and told me to "turn the car off... keys on top of the car.. and hands in the air"... tries to call the cars VIN # in like its stolen... goes every "are u drunk/are u high" test u could think of... searches my friend... searches my car... rips out my back seat. And here is the best part... finds a seaseme seed (like on a Big Mac) and tries to tell me that its a "marijuana seed" and that I should be careful of who I have in my car. That was fun lol.

These were all with my old 96' Firebird tho.. havent had an issue with the 00' TA yet... but we'll see lol.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:49 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Get older, then they leave you alone. I've been spotted getting on my car a couple times and they just look at me. They must feel sorry for me. lol I even drive around with my chute and slicks when I'm too lazy to pull them off.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

If you screw around on north ave in Carol stream, thats your own fault. Thats what we like to call the Gauntlet, You are guaranteed to see at least 2 squads and maybe a guy on a riding lawnmower with a radar gun every time you pass through.
and he "wrote you a ticket" for drag racing?
Drag racing is a serious offense, if he were to cite you with it you would have been booked AND towed. I'm pretty sure it also carries a 6 month license suspension if convicted. It's a pretty easy one to get down to a supervision with a lawyer tho.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by xttc2000
If you screw around on north ave in Carol stream, thats your own fault. Thats what we like to call the Gauntlet, You are guaranteed to see at least 2 squads and maybe a guy on a riding lawnmower with a radar gun every time you pass through.
and he "wrote you a ticket" for drag racing?
Drag racing is a serious offense, if he were to cite you with it you would have been booked AND towed. I'm pretty sure it also carries a 6 month license suspension if convicted. It's a pretty easy one to get down to a supervision with a lawyer tho.
Carol Stream is the WORST! Elmhurst being a close second!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** elmhurst carolstream an wood dale. Cops hate me! Pobably doesnt help i have no front plate tinted windows all around an a pretty damn loud exhaust but still! oh an irving park in wood dale after 1 am i will bet you 100 dollars you cant drive from the 83 bridge to the mcdonalds without seeing at least 2 cops radaring an one person pulled over!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

STONE PARK SUCKS

Its one mile of cops pulling people over 24/7. My wife went through there driving my car with tinted windows and noticed 3 different people pulled over. Well one of the cops just finished with some poor person, saw her tints, pulled a Uie, and gave her a ticket for tints. She told him it wasnt her car but he still gave her a ticket anyways.

Two months later I was driving around the town literally right on the border where I havent seen cops, well this s.o.b. was turning in the opposite direction and happened to glance my way real fast and made a Uie and gave me a ticket for tints which is ridiculous because I had my windows rolled down. He said that he "had a feeling I had tints". That was 2 tickets in 2 months. The ironic thing is that it wasnt even the TA I was driving, it was my DD Toyota Avalon. Oh and he walked to the front of my car to make sure I had a front plate just in case he could write an extra ticket.

Now I go miles out of my way not to even go near that piece of crap town. I wont even step foot in that town with the TA, imagine how many tickets I would get with that.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I think tints is the #1 equpitment thing they notice these days; those seem to cause a lot more trouble than missing front plates or slightly loud exhaust.
I agree on that. Stay legal with the tint and avoid a lot of headaches. Of course if your in a Luxury car you can typically get away with it .
Old 03-18-2008, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

I have had all most of problems in Naperville, they have got me numerous times for my tint, loud exhaust and no front plate, and they got me for all three at once on time.

Quick Reply: don't drive a race car in carol stream