Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

don't drive a race car in carol stream

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down don't drive a race car in carol stream

So for the ones who don't know carol stream cops love to pull you over if you have any American sports car and are driving on north ave. This summer i was driving with my bud john(Vito) on north and he gets popped for racing. well he was racing on north and he got popped.they also towed his car and put him in jail. So now about 3 week later i am on a cruise back form a race hang out and we are 10 cars deep. all in American sports car going down north ave. There was an undercover benoville be hind us, we see him at about Brunswick the by Sunrise. So we keep cruising not doing anything wrong, not speeding, not taking off hard from lights, and anything the would make him think we were drag racing. so we get in to carol stream and there is a road block at north and gary. we all get pulled over and i am like what did we get pulled over for?? he's like street racing. so i was arguing with him. he gives me the ticket and let me leave. my car did not get towed and i did not have to go to jail. they ended up dropping the charges and we got away with no fines so the moral of the story is don't drive an ls1 race car on north ave in carol stream.

Last edited by arenberg13; 02-13-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

If the guy was street racing then he knew what he was getting himself into. Also it doesn't sound like you came out to bad on your street racing ticket as well.

How close is an actual track to you?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Carol Steam is bad . . . They put up check stations during the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show @ Pheasant Run and ticket Corvette drivers for no front plate . . . A very car unfriendly town . . .
Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Carol Steam is bad . . . They put up check stations during the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show @ Pheasant Run and ticket Corvette drivers for no front plate . . . A very car unfriendly town . . .
ya they are penny pincher's and if they did not have north ave the would be broke

Originally Posted by pddye
If the guy was street racing then he knew what he was getting himself into. Also it doesn't sound like you came out to bad on your street racing ticket as well.

How close is an actual track to you?
45 mins from route 66 and about hour 20min from gld
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

I'll take note.

I recall Morton Grove cops being ****** too. Where else?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Lenox cops are horrible too. They see you coming down the road and they will get you for everything. I received numerous tickets on numerous occasions. I now live in Joliet where they don't give a ****.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

City cops have become nothing more than income producing pawns for their respective cities. To "serve & protect" now means "to stop & collect".
Old 02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

when im in orland park i'll get pulled over for loud exhaust all the time.

when im in dekalb i got pulled over for 65 in a 35....it dropped from 55 to 35 and i honestly just wasn't paying attention.

and the cop was real nice about it, and just asked me to slow down nicely.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1-450
City cops have become nothing more than income producing pawns for their respective cities. To "serve & protect" now means "to stop & collect".
you cop
Old 02-13-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by arenberg13
So for the ones who don't know carol stream cops love to pull you over if you have any American sports car and are driving on north ave.

so the moral of the story is don't drive an ls1 race car on north ave in carol stream.
Good thing I just traded my camaro in for a riced out 89 civic with neons and NOS
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Tinley Loves the No Front Plate Ticket also, twice in two weeks. That mean's my front plate made an appearance on my car for two photo shoots, and was then quickly ripped off....lol
Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

I was arrested in carol Stream couple years ago, they were total bitches.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've lived in Carol Stream for 8 years and have never once been pulled over in the Camaro. Slicks and skinnies, no front plate. Maybe they only like LT1 race cars Seriously though, they make a living off of North Avenue and love doing it. Beware.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Banned

never had an issue in carol stream......

Villa Park, i've had some run ins, just don't blast it anywhere near strats

This one officer gave me the 3rd degree, I went to hand over my license and insurance, I was about to say something, he started yelling at me how I had 8 tickets already and if I needed few more. He said something about the ET streets, I said they are DOT tires but not suitable for everyday driving, "I don't care, the state will probley own your car by time we're through."

then he let me go with a warning........

Last edited by Fraser@SpeedInc; 02-14-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

City cops are cool and will be easy on you. I've gotten pulled over about 3 times and they were cool as hell, telling me that I have a nice car but just don't drive too fast. I got pulled over at a random check stop they were doing and thankfully I had my driver's license and insurance and all because people were getting ticketed like crazy at the stops. I pulled up and gave him my info and said, "You don't have a front plate. Don't worry about it. These cars - - (then he was interrupted by another cop and signaled me to go home). I don't know what he was going to say. Another cop pulled me over for revving my engine at this mustang. He said, "Launch this car and I won't give you a ticket." I **** you not. But here goes the suburbs, . . . . . . .

I was by O'Hare and got pulled over for a 42 in a 35 and again in Bridgview for about the same thing. 6-7 over the speed limit. City Cops are cool as hell.

I can't believe they ticketed people the Corvette's for no front plate at the show!! What ********!!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the des plaines cops know my car. for what i don know i havent had too many tickets in des paines. but i get pulled over all the time for bullshit.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Remember when your in a pack ALL WAYS split up at the first sign of the police. Don't run from them, just everyone turn in different directions. Then only one person will get a ticket!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Launching!

I live right at the border of Carol steam and Hanover Park and i'll say this...If you are going to drive on North ave DO NOT SPEED or DRIVE DRUNK.....They got North ave on lockdown....And CS is in the top ten in the state for DUI busts.....

Hanover park...DONT DRIVE WITH TINTED WINDOWS......my second day with my car I was driving down county farm road and a HP cop drove past me going the oposite direction and he immediatley busted a u turn in HEAVY TRAFFIC!!! It took him a good 30 seconds to complete a u turn and he also had to weave around cars to catch up and get behind me.....
Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Fraser@SpeedInc
never had an issue in carol stream......

Villa Park, i've had some run ins, just don't blast it anywhere near strats

This one officer gave me the 3rd degree, I went to hand over my license and insurance, I was about to say something, he started yelling at me how I had 8 tickets already and if I needed few more. He said something about the ET streets, I said they are DOT tires but not suitable for everyday driving, "I don't care, the state will probley own your car by time we're through."

then he let me go with a warning........
Fraser if you get pulled over in VP call me on the cell asap!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I recall Morton Grove cops being ****** too.
MG is only bad if you have multiple things wrong with the car. Like tints, loud exhaust, no front plate, and you're speeding. Then they like to hit you for everything they find in one stop. I drive though MG a lot without getting tickets, my cars are usually pretty legal looking from the outside (no tint, exhaust isn't super loud, sometimes front plate, sometimes not).

On the other side of things, Lincolnwood has been great to me. I've never had a ticket here, but I sure have been pulled over for doing some nasty **** before. Once I was on Pratt very late one night running some atap logs for a new tune. I needed a WOT reading, ended up hitting 65 in a 30. Cop pulled me over (lady), saw the laptop and asked what I was doing. I explained, she just asked me to slow down and have a great night. End of story.

Quick Reply: don't drive a race car in carol stream