Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NIU shootings....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is horrible what happen, I went to for my first two years of undergrad and it was terrible then so I transfered and went to Depaul and graduated of course. Anyway I currently have two sisters that attend northern one in graduate school and one in undergrad and they are both ok thank GOD. My heart goes out to the family and the victims.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Banned

this is a horrible, sad, and disturbing situation.....i guess the thing that upsets me the most, besides the sicko' that did this, is how the news covered it. i was in my office and just a little blurb was on msnbc...there "main" story was about Bill Clinton and his push for his wife!!!! WTF who cares!!!....have we become this numb to shootings at places of education??? that it takes second fiddle to a political race?? my heart and prayers go out to the victoms and families of NIU... and thank God for fox news who gave me the most information on the shooting......
When i went to IU the thought of being shot in class NEVER passed my mind. Now it seems to be the new thing for these outsider rejected kids to get thier names in the paper.

God bless the families and friends of NIU....
Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned

My prayers go out to all those that have been affected. It's screwed up to think that those who commit acts like this do it mainly to be remembered. That their realization of the fact that they have infinitely small impact on the rest of the world drives them to violence in order to be remembered. Acts of this are not things that should be glorified by news coverage, books shouldn't be written about these things, TV specials should not be made. For that only further promotes the glorification of these acts. But the general public will want to know the names of the people, and want to know why, and the media and entertainment industries are only too glad to provide that information.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Launching!

You know what is totally fucked? I went to school with the shooter, he even attended B-day parties of mine when I was a kid. He was always on the wierd side but I never saw anything that would think he was capable of this.

Twistedcreations also went to school with him, maybe he will chime in.

Its a small world, my prayers go out to all of the innocent people and their familes who have been effected by this tragedy.

Another crazy day in the world....

-JZ
Old 02-15-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I also have a lot of friends up there. Pretty scary I found out a girl a year younger than me that I used to hang out with and her boyfriend, who was visiting, who I know well too were in one of the back rows of the class. Good to hear they got out but my prayers go out to those involved in this its terrible.

Last edited by Kanes2413; 02-15-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JZHeyde
You know what is totally fucked? I went to school with the shooter, he even attended B-day parties of mine when I was a kid. He was always on the wierd side but I never saw anything that would think he was capable of this.

Twistedcreations also went to school with him, maybe he will chime in.

Its a small world, my prayers go out to all of the innocent people and their familes who have been effected by this tragedy.

Another crazy day in the world....

-JZ
WOW, unfuckingbelievable. I see this twisted **** is from the area and I figured someone from around one of these forums would know of him, etc. What a small world I am not surprised someone from the Chi-Town Metro area knew this sick wack job (and from grammar school to).
Old 02-16-2008, 08:14 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah when I heard the name I fuckn droped... Like 5 people lit up my Cell as soon as the name was released.

Cant say we were best friends, but we used to bullshit about music alot... I remember swapping CDs, bought some Offspring Cds the last time I saw him.

A little off, but who wasnt back then. ROTC member, Band.... But actually a nice guy. Thinking back to conversations had, you would never guess a psychopath learked inside. I am going to blame this on medication, or lack there of.

Just odd, know that at one time, I considered him a friend.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

Would just like to add how fucked up I believe this is tho... Nothing is ever that bad that you must take out a room full of strangers. At least thats the way it sounds now...

If your that depressed, and feel there is no choice, by all means, eat a bullet. But why would you want to take a bunch of people that you dont even know with you?

My thoughts are with the families that lost a loved one, even Steves.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

My brother graduated from northern in 06. When they released a picture of the shooter, my brother was like that guy seems so familiar. So my brother calls around, and as it turns out he was in a psycology class with him. My brother said he was not very fond of him in school, and that he was annoying as ****. I hope that bastard rots in hell for killing inncoent kids just trying to make a better future for themeselves by going to school.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
If your that depressed, and feel there is no choice, by all means, eat a bullet. But why would you want to take a bunch of people that you dont even know with you?
amen. i dont understand why these cowards have to take other peoples lives and ruin tens of hundreds of others peoples lives and not just kill themself. i have no pity for him and i hope he rots in hell. my prayers go out to all the families and wish them the best.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
Yeah when I heard the name I fuckn droped... Like 5 people lit up my Cell as soon as the name was released.

Cant say we were best friends, but we used to bullshit about music alot... I remember swapping CDs, bought some Offspring Cds the last time I saw him.

A little off, but who wasnt back then. ROTC member, Band.... But actually a nice guy. Thinking back to conversations had, you would never guess a psychopath learked inside. I am going to blame this on medication, or lack there of.

Just odd, know that at one time, I considered him a friend.
WOW, ******* mind blowing dude, what a small fucked up little world we live in these days bro, huh?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah. It just goes to show that you never know what someone is capable of.

On a different note tho, its the worst time for us law abiding gun owners, right before a presidential election. I am sure now that all the would be prezs, are going to address gun laws, and tell us how we dont need them. When actually its the complete opposite.

If you look at states like Texas, Arizona, Washington...... **** like this doesnt happen. You know why? They have laws that allow people to carry. I used to carry when I lived in Washington.... People think twice, because you never know who is packing... Crime rates drop, yeah there is still crime, but it would deter people like this from carrying out a last rights of sorts.

And when it does, you can defend yourself.

Now, I am not saying EVERYONE has a right to carry a gun, but I think that you should be able to qualify. Prove yourself on the range, through tests, and the sort.

Just wait.. Mayor Dailey is already on the air saying that we need to look into our gun control laws, and he doesnt understand why we need to have as many guns in the world.

You take guns away from law abiding citizens, the only ones that will have them are the criminals. Sure it would keep little bobby from blasting his classmates for picking on him... but other violent crime would become out of control, like home invasions and robberies.

Before anyone votes for laws that would ban firearms, take a look at the history of other countries that did. Did it work out for them?

/end rant
Old 02-17-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Twisted Creation,

Very well said bro and I agree with you 1000%, as I am a huge advocate of the 2nd amendment for these very reasons and own many guns as a law abidiing citizen for personal protection and as a hobby. IL and WI are one of the only remaining states in the Country that do not have some type of carry conceal laws in place for law abiding citizens to protet themselves (thanks to that flaiming liberal Mayor Daley, Cook County and the City of Chicago and or left wing governor! As a matter of fact on this very same subject on the tragic NIU Killing here is my post from the corvetteforum:

Its seems like America needs to arm itself and quick given the recent rash of random shootings and violence. These College Campuses and other public locations where a large amount of people gather need a Professor and or other security personnel armed and proficient with his/her side arm, so they could take these sick bastards out early b/f they do too much damage. Its sad, but until security and the right of law abiding citizens to protect themselves under the 2nd amendment is stepped up, you will see more and more of this crap. This is Domestic Terrorism, and we need to arm ourselves in order to be able to protect ourselves, our families and our fellow human beings (who are law abiding good people).

My thoughts and prayers go out to all persons and families affected by this senseless needless violence and I hope nobody in our corvette forum family had a friend or loved one, killed or seriously wounded today at NIU.

Quick Reply: NIU shootings....