Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NIU shootings....

Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NIU shootings....

WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!? I don't get kids today... Seriously, I mean i'm not that old at all, but what the hell is going on? This is the EXACT reason i'm a gun owner.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the familys of the killed/injured.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14...sity.shooting/
Old 02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to also make a thread about this as it hits pretty close to home as I have a TON of friends that go there and ive been there more times I can count for partys and what not but I agree this is so wrong. It happens all over the country now it seems its like a new way of going out with style to these sick basterds and its such a shame. From what I heard there was 18injuredand 5 dead includingthe gunman and 3 people were criticly injured and airlifted to a rockford hospital.

wow My thoughts and prayers also go out to all the families and victims involved this is such a shame that some ******** hates his life and has to take as many people with him as possible. It just makes me sick
Old 02-14-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I had to go though my phonebook because my mom called me to call my best friend mary to make sure she was ok, so I had to call everyone I know....scary stuff.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah ive been calling alot of people as well but im stuck with a fairly new phone so lots of numbers are lost but everyone I know knows everyone so I pray everyone comes out safe along with the victims that have been shot
Old 02-14-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just saw that on Yahoo, that **** is really scary.

RIP all the kids that got killed...

Last edited by Shockwave179; 02-14-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very scary... all over the news still. And it's one of my choices as a College for next year. hmm...
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

I have a lot of friends that go there too..scary situation...luckily they are all ok. My prayers are with all those affected!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Unbelievable. Prayers being lifted up.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

*please keep the victims in your prayers*

I go to NIU. there is more cops here then i have ever seen together in my life. They are walking around with m16's.

I have class in that exact room mondays and wednesdays at the same time. That is really scarry.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was supposed to be there this year and I have alot of friends up there. You hear about this **** far away in other states and dont realize it can happen so close, putting loved ones of your own in danger.

I dont understand why these people do this either. I heard it may have had to do with a girl, but who gives a **** if his g/f broke up with him there are plenty out there. No need to go ape-**** on anyone. I dont see how he was walking around campus with a shotgun anyway...
Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have alot of friends there too unfortunatly one of my friends was in the room and had gotten shot. luckily he did survive. one of my other good friends lives right next to the building he was watching the whole thing go down.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow. good thing he is ok!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 02-14-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pro2low
i have alot of friends there too unfortunatly one of my friends was in the room and had gotten shot. luckily he did survive. one of my other good friends lives right next to the building he was watching the whole thing go down.

Man this ******* sucks and hits really close to home. Glad to hear your friend survived and sorry to hear he was shot and GOD SPEED for a fast and complete recovery.

America needs to arm itself and quick given the recent rash of random shootings and violence. If I had it my way in every College Campus each Professor is ******* armed and proficient with his side arm, so they could take these sick ***** out early b/f they do too much damage. Its sad, but until security and the right of law abiding citizens to protect themselves under the 2nd amendment is stepped up, you will see more and more of this crap.

Illinois is one of the only remaining ******* LIBERAL states that does not allow law abiding citizens to carry a concealed weapon for personal protection (thanks to the ******* the City of Chicago, that liberal ******* moron Daley and Cook County).

This is Domestic Terrorism, and we need to arm ourselves in order to be able to protect ourselves, our families and our fellow human beings (who are law abiding good people).

My thoughts and prayers go out to all persons and families affected by this senseless needless violence.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

I was only 2 buildings away from the shooting when i noticed just fleets of cop cars flying down the road. We then just walked like every normal day down to the bookstore to get some stuff and noticed mass amounts of people crowded around the Cole Building. We walked into the store and heard an announcement to lock the doors to the store and then they told us what happened.

My friend who i was walking with was real shakin up cuz he had a class there earlier today and my roomate was real disturbed by the event. It is such bullshit that people do these things then take their lives like cowards.

God Bless those that were killed on 2/14. Its a tragedy that young college students, some of which who i knew were killed in this event. RIP my fellow Huskies
Old 02-15-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you have no idea how much i want to get a carrying license! i would love to have a gun on me when one of these ***** tries to pull this **** off!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by pro2low
you have no idea how much i want to get a carrying license! i would love to have a gun on me when one of these ***** tries to pull this **** off!
Good luck getting a carry permit in IL....i've read the statue and unless you're law enforcement related they'll laugh in your face.

So much for my right to keep and bear arms.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:55 AM
TECH Resident

im so sick of these ******* idiots that do this **** and sadly these kind of people live amongst us. go kill yourself, go kill your family who gives a **** but dont go out in public to a school, mall etc killing innocent people. that pisses me off so bad its sad that things like these happen all across the nation and keep on happening
Old 02-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sucks to hear, especially so close to home. I used to be there at Northern every week when my ex used to go there. Scary stuff.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
Good luck getting a carry permit in IL....i've read the statue and unless you're law enforcement related they'll laugh in your face.

So much for my right to keep and bear arms.
yea haha i know and that is sad!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NIU shootings....