Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Saw an R8 tonight in IL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw an R8 tonight in IL!!!

So two of my friends and I were headed West on Rt. 120 towards McHenry tonight, I was sitting shotgun... we're on a two lane, two way portion of 120 in McHenry when I saw some odd looking headlights, I didn't say anything but paid close attention, and as it passed, my heart raced. That thing was purring like a F360 with a Tubi. Nither of my friends even noticed, and we were all at the auto show last weekend and drooled over the car. I then started yelling "R8R8R8" my friend came to a complete stop, said "what", I said "R8 just passed by!!! U-turn U-turn!!!" So he busted a U-e then and there, the R8 was already out of sight, we stepped on it, hit speeds "slightly" over the limit, finally saw the distinctive tail lights in the midst... we caught up to it, followed it through a left turn, and the guy stepped on it. Those little gremlins are QUICK. You could hear the gears-RPMs shift but other than the sound of the engine the car didn't shake at all, wide *** rear tires.

It was a light-blueish color, oh, and it had Michigan plates..

Oh, and the roads are still infested with salt, and my guess is that only 25 people in the country have one of these right now, guy paid probably $180k, and is driving it semi-far from home... Who cares, thing was awsome! After we followed him for a good 15 minutes, we didn't know where we were, so we turned around.

Pissed none of us had a camera, my one friend got a couple pcis on his phone, but it was at about 8:30pm so it was pretty damn dark out.

Man, those cars are beautiful. I can't believe I already saw one too. Hell, people don't bring their Vette's out around this time, and this guy's bustin' out a brand new super car...

So, Michigan, just a heads up... Post in here if you ever see him around. I was really hoping he would pull off into a parking lot, really wanted to see it up close and talk with the owner... Never did though.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice cars, but from the pictures I've seen they don't seem small, like about the size of an A4?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they're pretty tiny... Kinda like a Carrera GT.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=541615
Old 02-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend who just bought one, it's a really nice ride. His is silver and it's around the south burbs.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a couple silver ones around the city.

Quick Reply: Saw an R8 tonight in IL!!!