Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Exhaust Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Help

I am looking for a shop that is willing to remove my cats and put in O2 simulators? I am trying to find a few rough estimates...Please PM me with phone numbers or prices within 30 miles of Schiller Park, IL...
Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, Some speed shops do it under the table, some other shops will also but you have to talk to them in person and sometimes its after hours.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah im going to have to find someone also if I cant get my ORY hung up the right way. I have a guy who will do it as he only does custom exhaust but he is pretty pricy but I really dont know to many others that will. I have asked a few places and they all said no so hopfully you can find someone im sure someone will do it for you
Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

u don't need rear o2 simulators, its just better if you tune them out completely, along with the egr crap and any other emission component. give straightline a call, or if ur north already I believe , call speedinc and ask for Frazier!
goodluck.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

thanks guys, yea, I was hoping someone from speed inc would see this and PM me...I don't want to get the codes tuned out yet because I am probably not going to delete the AIR and EGR until I get actual LT headers...
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
thanks guys, yea, I was hoping someone from speed inc would see this and PM me...I don't want to get the codes tuned out yet because I am probably not going to delete the AIR and EGR until I get actual LT headers...
Things like this it would be best to PM them or go in and ask. Kinda illegal ya know.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

oh, i am quite aware of the legality, hahaha...
Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
oh, i am quite aware of the legality, hahaha...
Just saying its not something a shop will come out and advertise, I do remeber seeing a Chicago area sponser on here telling someone to call them about it a while back. Call around, tell them you are on tech and see if they can help your out.

There is a place here in Indy that will do it if you bring the car to them with no plate on it and tell them its not a street car. Laws go out the door then when it comes to their end of it. Not sure if they still do it, they did it for a former friend a while back, can't even remember the name of the shop.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the help, I just sent out a couple of PMs to some of the sponsors on here, so we'll see. I just don't want to do what my buddy did to his poor C5 vette. He cut his cats out and then had some unknown foreign muffler shop weld in some scrap pipe. He put in the O2s himself, but apparently he is retarded because his dash lights were going nuts and he was throwin a bunch of codes to the point where the car would randomly shut off or overheat.