Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone want to make a quick buck in MPLS (tuning)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone want to make a quick buck in MPLS (tuning)?

My basic mods are on the bottom. I have tuned it myself up to this point with no problem. I havent really driven the car or tuned it in over a year and its currently in SD mode. It runs fine in SD mode. I tried last fall to put the MAF back on but I couldnt get it to work, starting, running, not surging.

Any local personal tuners comfortable helping me out. You would be compensated well. Time frame about 2 weeks from now. I have HPtuners. No dyno needed, just get the MAF back working and tuned in for regular driving.

Located in Anoka, MN. I have NO intentions of bringing it in to a shop.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Just curious what the reasoning is to going back to MAF? Personally i would continue with the SD tuning, since you obviously have it partially done. Wish i was closer i could help you out.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Grr
Just curious what the reasoning is to going back to MAF? Personally i would continue with the SD tuning, since you obviously have it partially done. Wish i was closer i could help you out.
Well, I like it as is but I feel I need to "update" the fueling charts every time the weather changes or it starts to run lean/rich. I dont want to have to update the tune ever again, I just want to drive it. MAF will take out the need for frequent tuning.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I got a buddy who tunes, but we are from rochester, he has used hptuners before, but he now uses efi live. He is pretty good at it actually, he has his own website for doing diesel trucks. He has done both my fbody for a base tune when i put my cam in to get me running till i got on the dyno, he did his own fbody with a cam, and he had done my brothers car that has just boltsons. If you want you can send me a pm and can get a link to his site, and if your interested you can call him or i can get a hold of him.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Thats cool, but if you leave all the coolant and IAT tables factory, and dial in your VE table on an average day, there is no need to adjust it. The whole "must keep LTFT within +-2%" is bullshit. Get it close on an average day, and leave it alone. Thats what the LTFT is for, it can go to +-15%, let it do its job. Ive fired mine up that i did SD on in July, in January, and LTFT was about 7-8%, big deal, like i said thats what its for. I think your looking into it too far.
On a side note, when my GTO was still MAF, i saw alot larger LTFT %'s than i ever saw with the SD tune, and i drove it all winter as well. So take that as you want, but i think your wasting your time.
Gary
Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99whitews6
My basic mods are on the bottom. I have tuned it myself up to this point with no problem. I havent really driven the car or tuned it in over a year and its currently in SD mode. It runs fine in SD mode. I tried last fall to put the MAF back on but I couldnt get it to work, starting, running, not surging.

Any local personal tuners comfortable helping me out. You would be compensated well. Time frame about 2 weeks from now. I have HPtuners. No dyno needed, just get the MAF back working and tuned in for regular driving.

Located in Anoka, MN. I have NO intentions of bringing it in to a shop.
Yousif? I'm in the process of refreshing the motor so I have some free time. I run a 85mm MAF on my setup. A stroker motor with a big stall A4 is a ***** to tune and takes time and patience to dial it in, but it can be done. I can help you get started. No compensation needed. Let me know.

Gino
Old 03-14-2008, 05:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Yousif? I'm in the process of refreshing the motor so I have some free time. I run a 85mm MAF on my setup. A stroker motor with a big stall A4 is a ***** to tune and takes time and patience to dial it in, but it can be done. I can help you get started. No compensation needed. Let me know.

Gino
PM sent!

Quick Reply: Anyone want to make a quick buck in MPLS (tuning)?