Old 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL where do you get this stuff.
Every joke has a little bit of truth lol
Old 03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the car is at Final Round Performance the guys awesome over there hes really helping me out with my situation and getting **** sorted out on my car... im actually having him completely take the motor appart like stated before to go threw all this other work because like i said after 2 rockers and a balancer i just cant trust the first shops work.. it should be done within the next 2 weeks if we dont find anything when we pull the heads off it so i'll keep everyone updated on the situation
Old 03-19-2008, 04:49 PM
9 Second Club

His name is Mark the owner of "Not just carz" the shop is located in Orland Park. The nerve of this guy to try and blame Speed. He does work on a guy's car I know and believe me his car runs horrible! Terrible work, should have gone to Powerhouse they would have taken care of you.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"someone" at speed told me my car was junk. it had alot of problems at the time but they didnt want to do repair work is what they told me.......funny thing is it was put together by one of their mechanics.

i still buy parts from them cant hold that against everyone there.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pro2low
"someone" at speed told me my car was junk. it had alot of problems at the time but they didnt want to do repair work is what they told me.......funny thing is it was put together by one of their mechanics.

i still buy parts from them cant hold that against everyone there.
dude..why come on here and start **** ? I really don't see one of our techs saying that to you.

if you have a problem come see me..you are friends with Lance if I recall which is a good friend of mine
Old 03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that post was taken the wrong way and this was a while ago i even talked to you about it. i believe it was a parts guy that told that to me becuase i was trying to find what was wrong with the car becuase i had like 6 codes going off all from a bad o2 sensor. i talked to you and we solved it.

what i meant by that post was that just becuase of that one guy saying that one thing isnt going to make me take my business somewhere else. i didnt mean to start anything by it it just came out the wrong way and i didnt explain myself enough.

i will be bring in more business to you guys in the future with the nova. i do not think anything bad of you guys becuase of that. i DO think its a great shop. im sorry for not thinking that post through more.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
LOL where do you get this stuff.
If I told you, you wouldn't believe me.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

his no-no spot is now his oh-oh spot! and never says NO!

he probably gets it all from wild BILL!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
dude..why come on here and start **** ? I really don't see one of our techs saying that to you.
A tech at Speed Inc. told me I was fat and ugly and would never do anything with my life. Personally, I think that was a little harsh, not to mention personal, for over-the-phone tech support from a guy I never met...

...but it's true...
Old 03-19-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Nicely Said- Takes a MAN to accept he's wrong! And hope you get the car back together! Sorry to hear that.

James
Old 03-19-2008, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
His name is Mark the owner of "Not just carz" the shop is located in Orland Park. The nerve of this guy to try and blame Speed. He does work on a guy's car I know and believe me his car runs horrible! Terrible work, should have gone to Powerhouse they would have taken care of you.
oh so you know the jag off... well whos your friend and what did he have them do if you dont mind me asking... and for the record if no one understood b00sted saying it that when i called mark with my complaints about his work he basically told me it wasnt my problem by telling me that he does this **** everyday and never has a problem so why did it happen on my car... and on top of that he told me and i quote this "that speed inc prolly took a valve cover off because it was an awesome build that they didnt do and that they wanted me to leave my car there and spend more money there... that the same thing happened to one of his friends camaros" and thoes are pretty much his excat words... and i even asked him so your telling me that you as a professional never makes mistakes and he goes yes i do but i didnt on that car so i at that point i just hung up the phone on him
Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

and for the record i originally chose speed inc because i heard nothing but awesome things about their talent with LS engines... so when they told me something was wrong with that car i loaded it on the trailer and went front speed inc to mark to have him check it out and he started it reved the **** outa the motor and then said no way was anything wrong with it that they just fucked me and since i trusted him at the time thats what set it off that i thoight i really did get screwed by them but it turns out the only ones i got fucked by was "not just carz" and that speed inc did me a favor by not making anymore dyno runs on it
Old 03-19-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpe
A tech at Speed Inc. told me I was fat and ugly and would never do anything with my life. Personally, I think that was a little harsh, not to mention personal, for over-the-phone tech support from a guy I never met...

...but it's true...
LOL...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by EHat911
oh so you know the jag off... well whos your friend and what did he have them do if you dont mind me asking... and for the record if no one understood b00sted saying it that when i called mark with my complaints about his work he basically told me it wasnt my problem by telling me that he does this **** everyday and never has a problem so why did it happen on my car... and on top of that he told me and i quote this "that speed inc prolly took a valve cover off because it was an awesome build that they didnt do and that they wanted me to leave my car there and spend more money there... that the same thing happened to one of his friends camaros" and thoes are pretty much his excat words... and i even asked him so your telling me that you as a professional never makes mistakes and he goes yes i do but i didnt on that car so i at that point i just hung up the phone on him
Well the guy that I was friends with met Mark awhile back and introduced me to him. He thinks he knows about cars he doesnt know ****. Your best bet would have been Chris and John at Powerhouse since you were southwest. Thats where Mark goes to buy his parts and ask them shitloads of questions about cars in particular the LS1. I wouldn't recommend a drunk driver to that *****.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Retired Street Racer

I like Larry, Tom, Jim, Bryan, and that guy I was helping at NMCA that was driving the shop car for True Street; I forgot his name. Jon is an *******.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
Well the guy that I was friends with met Mark awhile back and introduced me to him. He thinks he knows about cars he doesnt know ****. Your best bet would have been Chris and John at Powerhouse since you were southwest. Thats where Mark goes to buy his parts and ask them shitloads of questions about cars in particular the LS1. I wouldn't recommend a drunk driver to that *****.
what did he mess up on your buddies car if you dont mind me asking.. did i mention that when i asked him to paint my motor aluminum that he waiting till it was fully assembled ready to go back in the car and then just shot it with the paint didnt clean it off or anything.. my plug wires and other **** is covered in paint
Old 03-21-2008, 03:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EHat911
what did he mess up on your buddies car if you dont mind me asking.. did i mention that when i asked him to paint my motor aluminum that he waiting till it was fully assembled ready to go back in the car and then just shot it with the paint didnt clean it off or anything.. my plug wires and other **** is covered in paint

Time for a game of rock'em sock'em

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 03-21-2008 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt D
I like Larry, Tom, Jim, Bryan, and that guy I was helping at NMCA that was driving the shop car for True Street; I forgot his name. Jon is an *******.
Dan maybe? I was talking to someone at Byron who was driving the shop car but something happend on one of the pass's so it never made a full pass. Whoever he was he was a very big dude. I think his name was dan but im not sure
Old 03-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Retired Street Racer

Yeah, that was it. Dan. He is a good guy. Hope to see him and Jim racing again at NMCA in Joliet this year. Byron is too far away for me.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Dan is the big guy with the blonde hair. He's one of the best LSx techs in the country.

Quick Reply: Ok heres my public apology to speed inc