Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed Inc. Open House

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Really??? I never seen you run out there and talk to the cops when that kid was getting arrested or when we were getting tickets. Too busy cooking the hot dogs I guess Thanks man, you are the best. You can't take on the liability of a burnout on your property, although I'm sure you guys have done it before. I guess it would be a different story if someone got hurt on or near your property though? Or can you not take liability for that either? Maybe it was their own fault. They were doing something illegal so that's not your fault.

Working in a speed/performance shop you should probably know that your customers might do burnouts, try to race, might have mods on their cars. Knowing that, how about preparing so the people that support you don't have a bad experience at one of your events? Talk to the police ahead of time, post something saying "no burnouts" to the people who are going to come. Will someone still be stupid and do it? Probably, but at least then it will appear as if you have the best interest in mind for your customers, not just sitting back watching people buy your **** so you make some money.

Notice I said "appear as if you have the best interest in mind." Those that really know your company know you don't REALLY care. But at least it would look that way right?
I myself did not get out front for maybe more then 1/2 hr Sat due to speaking with current and possible new customers. There was never a complaint from anyone made to me about anything outdoors...so need to be addressed.

I would expect everyone to be acting semi adult like and not getting out of control. We do try to keep an eye out for people getting too wild with long burnouts or going to fast with everyone around.

We did have 1 friend which was helping out and did run to speak with the officer when **** hit the fan. This unfortunately didn't work well and then told him to leave and let them do their job.

it is known that the burnouts occur every year and everyone knows what may happen...COPS / TICKETS! This goes for you and your no plate ticket I guess you received?

sorry, but the organized burnout thing will never happen on our property...though we could sign off on liability the risk of someone getting hurt in a much smaller area is not going to happen and be put on us

if you actually paid attention we did not sit back at all Sat, but rather worked our *** off trying to keep up with everyone needing something weather it be parts, info or just to say a few words....again MR. KNOW IT ALL , this is more to say thanks to our loyal customers then a huge money making day.

you had a couple issues with parts and we did the best to get it handled. I am sorry it did not work out as planned.

now lets stop with your BS and grow up already..it's over
Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Yah, I was a customer of theirs jackass. Until they send me a brake line that was already used and repacked that leaked all over my car and couldn't send me the right gasket twice. I came for the cars...not for the company or for the "free lunch".... funny how you mentioned the free lunch though. I would have gladly paid for lunch instead of a ticket but I guess that's my fault... went to that bullshit company because they were having a car show even though they screwed me over and look at that... I still got screwed by them.
Tell me where to send the check for $75. Seriously.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

I've been to speed inc a few times now, and i've never had a problem with their work or buying something from them. They installed my ls7 clutch and there was never an issue, also all my other parts i've bought from there. As far as the whole cops showing up, did you guys complaining really think they wouldn't show up? They do every year, and when people are standing in FRONT of the cars doing burnouts, do you see some sort of risk there for spectators, pretty obvious right?

It's not Speed Inc's responsibility to patrol the streets or make sure you are aware of your own actions that you do on public property. They dont have a whole security team there patrolling the place, it's not a club, it's a public showing of cars and bringing like minded people together.

Don't try and ruin a good thing, Speed Inc. could say screw you and end their open houses just as fast as you say to screw them.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yah, I was a customer of theirs jackass. Until they send me a brake line that was already used and repacked that leaked all over my car and couldn't send me the right gasket twice. I came for the cars...not for the company or for the "free lunch".... funny how you mentioned the free lunch though. I would have gladly paid for lunch instead of a ticket but I guess that's my fault... went to that bullshit company because they were having a car show even though they screwed me over and look at that... I still got screwed by them.

wow....hey, If you ever want to get straight drug down the 1320 by a car with speed inc parts let me know. my cam only junk will make you cry with that ******* vette you have in your sig.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Don't blame speed for your equipment violation, you're the one that didn't have your front plate on. Speed Inc's guys didnt tell you to take that plate off. Like everyone said alot of us run cars that aren't exactly legal. Its the game you play. I got 3 tickets from a cop once for various violations, including no front plate, and again in this case, i wasn't the one that attracted all the attention, it was an idiot friend that thinks every red light looks like a racing tree. No big deal.

Speed puts on a good show, like them or not. If anything I'd blame the idiots that were surrounding the cars as they did burnouts. Stay off the street, someone is going to get hurt.

Oh and that cop came through the crowd way to fast, he was almost more dangerous than the guys doing burnouts.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StangEaterSS
wow....hey, If you ever want to get straight drug down the 1320 by a car with speed inc parts let me know. my cam only junk will make you cry with that ******* vette you have in your sig.
LOL that is funny!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StangSlayerSS
LOL that is funny!
LOl I agree with you
Old 04-27-2008, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

It was Dean that called the cops....

On a more serious note, I am in the industrial area around Speed INC regularly, and I can say during the weekend the area is dead. There is really no "passing through" traffic and defiantly no cops patrolling the area. There arnt any houses around so its not like someone was pissed about the noise and called the cops. It was probably someone driving down the street to see what the huge mob of people was. I remember one guy, I think he was driving a Saturn SUV drove by with his window washers spraying as if to say to the people standing in the middle of the street to get out of his way. I think that was the biggest hazard right there. People also were probably driving down the neighboring streets recklessly, that could have also attracted un-needed attention from cops. When they did come it was defiantly planned as cops came from both ways. I think the cops were on a power trip when they gave a few people equipment violations. It was probably just to scare some people and get them to leave.

As for the burnouts. Yes it was on a public road, Speed INC could have said no burnouts, but I don't think its their job to play traffic cop. I dont think they can do anything anyway, its a public road, it just happens to be in front of the shop. People did burnouts and stand in the middle of the street at there own risk, just like when you street race or drive a car with no front plate. That is your own risk. Even when you race/do burnouts legally at the track that is your own risk. I dont see why people bitch when they get a ticket. If you brake the law, you can get in trouble. It sucks, but thats how it is. I have gotten pulled over and ticketed many times for equipment violations. I choose to have my car like that and the rewards are better than the risks to me.

If burnouts happen next year, I would like to see people just stay out of the street. All it takes is one guy to loose it to take out a crowd of people. Tires can also shred apart and hurt people. As you can see in this pic my friend took, everyone is crowing around and even standing in front of the car doing the burnout.

Speed INC, there is a nice airport down the street that would be pretty sweet for burnouts...(maybe next year )
Old 04-27-2008, 02:19 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The moment you got your license you become responsible for every move you make while operating a motor vehicle. That is it.

The moment you modify your vehicle illegally you become responsible for that as well.

Grow up and pay your ticket. If you don't like it, put a front plate on the car.

Blaming anyone else for something you did is immature and basically stupid.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned

Mike.. that pic looks a bit scary. I am shocked people get that far out into the street with cars.

I think people need to think a bit more and stay to the side of the road to watch people do their illegal burnouts. This would really help cut the risk of people getting hurt.

also if normal people are traveling the road people need to get out of the way and if not this will only raise the chances of the police being called as well

see most of you guys/girls around soon
Old 04-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

Really??? I never seen you run out there and talk to the cops when that kid was getting arrested or when we were getting tickets. Too busy cooking the hot dogs I guess Thanks man, you are the best.
http://www.fquick.com/videos/Police_...use_08%27/5772

here ya go

see the guy in the sweatshirt and hat @ approx 3 min next to your car talking to the cops?

well...that would be Mike an ex-employee and close friend which has worked with us every Open House to try and keep the outside in decent order and has been able to calm the police and crowd down in the past

after seeing the video which shows most people boo'n the police probably didn't do any good. This was mentioned before, but after seeing the video it was something I'm sure didn't help the situation at all.

oh yeh...if you had a hot dog you must have brought it since we had pizza
Old 04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha damn thats my Trans am on the otherside of the street torwards the very end of the video. I waited until the cops were busy and very slowly idled out of the place and had 1 cop look at me and stare for a few secs before going back to writing tickets. I was like right there with everyone getting tickets so im suprised they didnt stop me espicially since my windows were up and are tinted but we rolled them down as soon as the key went into the ignition
Old 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I wasn't there too long but it was a good time. I liked seeing all the cars and thinking about things I could change on mine (Larry, the billet specialties on your car look awesome ) and I also got to talk with Larry about some tuning work that i'm going to need and thought it went very well.

scramblerman, grow up are you on your period? I can go find you a tampon and some pms medicine if you want me to. We heard you enough and we don't care about your lousy ticket, go buy a civic and leave it stock and you shouldn't have any more problems like that. **** happens and it's not Speeds problem, it's yours. I'm sure i'm going to hear some more whining from you yet

I've been a customer of Speeds for quite awhile and haven't had any problems with them. **** happens at every shop, it just depends how they follow up and make things better. Go find another shop, it's really that easy.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Thats a nice picture!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

scramblerman walks into court- "well judge, speed inc had an open house but didn't have any traffic cops on duty, or any signs that said no burnouts, and they didn't even have the road blocked or have the decency to tell me that it's illegal to drive a car with no front plate!! Since I can't take responsibility for my own actions I think they should have had a babysitter for me"

Judge-
Old 04-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
Mike.. that pic looks a bit scary. I am shocked people get that far out into the street with cars.

I think people need to think a bit more and stay to the side of the road to watch people do their illegal burnouts. This would really help cut the risk of people getting hurt.

also if normal people are traveling the road people need to get out of the way and if not this will only raise the chances of the police being called as well

see most of you guys/girls around soon
Well...i remember when he did that burnout and to be honest i didnt think we were THAT close to the car, but there should have been a pic of when he did a burnout goin the OTHER direction...i have to admit me and like 5 other guys faces were like 6 feet away from his tires but after that i styed pretty far back because i felt that hot *** rubber flying around...people DID move out of the street when cars did STUPID long burnouts and couldnt see ANYTHING, we all backed up and w8ed excpet for that ONE crazy ls1 who peeled out...yeah we could have gave the family sedans more room to drive through and not yell at em to "light em up" BBUTTTT...who remebers the black saturn???...."I DONT KNOW IF IT CAANNN!!!".....i guess he was the exeption cuz he lit em up pretty good....i wanted to do one but i dont have $$ for tires right now plus I didnt want the dude in the red hoodie to yell "WEAK!!"....so i waited till i got home and did a baby burnout...it was still killer to me....
Old 04-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Teching In

I live in Schaumburg very near Speed Inc. and I have to drive directly past the cross street to get to my house from the Elgin O'Hare. To say that the streets around there are not busy would be an understatement. Honestly, that picture is disapointing to see the lack of care.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like it was a fun event except for cops...i cannot afford another ticket, but I definitely have my front license plate on...lol...I will try and make it next year, i was too busy finishing mine up for the summer
Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy Crap!!!! LOL

First of all where are you guys getting off that I am asking speed inc to pay for my ticket??? Nowhere did I say that. Should of I had my front plate on, yes. My beef was with them taking control of THEIR open house. They don't care and I understand that. They have a business to run. I have never had a problem with anyother Speed shop. Gone to EPP and SLP. SLP more recently.

I'm not going to go to court for this. It would cost me that much just to drive there and back. Plus not worth me taking off of work for this stupid C.S. ticket.

As for Stangeater SS, you have got to be shitting me. Thought you were a stand up guy on this forum? You calling me out just cause you paid speed inc for the parts on your car and from the sounds of it you had them do all the work for you. That doesn't mean your car can beat my car. Speed inc parts are the same stuff you can buy from anybody, DUH!!! The gaskets were Gm gaskets and the lines were by Earls. Not my fault they can't even just get that right or call people when they recieve parts in that you ordered. Do you really think that they custom grind cams and all that stuff???? Thats what machine shops are for. Maybe speed does some custom Turbo kits but otherwise all these shops are just R&R.

You can say what you want about my car. I really don't care. Shows what a man you are to talk **** about my car when the cars have nothing to do with what I am saying that speed should do at their open houses. Typical!

Flame on Guys and make sure you all have front plates IF you go to speeds open house next year.

Bye guys and girls. Have fun with this one!

Last edited by scramblerman; 04-27-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Was a lot of cars. Looked like a great time. Too bad the cops fucked it up. Although seemed like the only thing that speed gave a crap about was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! They didn't have a great show, PLEASE!!! The guys that had cars and drove them to the show made it a great time. Speed hosted it so they can make some money, but that is all. They are the ones that instigate this **** by letting people do burnouts and drive like idiots. If they would of handled it like MEN, we all would never of gotten a ticket and all had a great time. I guess money is more important to them than keeping their customers.

FTG!!!!!!
When you break the law you run the risk of getting a ticket, even at a open house, all the laws still apply! Sounds like you are mad about getting a ticket, but who is REALLY responsible for it? Everyone always wants to blame someone else. Your talking about grown men, you should know your responsible for your own actions.
Also be careful how you talk to other respected members on this site. You stated your opinion, so consider yourself done in this thread.

Andy.

Last edited by LASTLS1; 04-27-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc. Open House