Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed Inc. Open House

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks nd2spd22. i didn't take many pics or vids this year. i tried taken vids, only to find out my camera doesn't like loud audio lol

RippinZ121, i had the cutout open. i have SLP headers, ORY, and a single cutout before the axle.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I got alot of videos but on some the sound was weak. Sucks but w/e
Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Here's one with good sound. One of the best I took!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf0_XokoCFE
Old 04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Holy Crap!!!! LOL

As for Stangeater SS, you have got to be shitting me. Thought you were a stand up guy on this forum? You calling me out just cause you paid speed inc for the parts on your car and from the sounds of it you had them do all the work for you. That doesn't mean your car can beat my car. Speed inc parts are the same stuff you can buy from anybody, DUH!!! The gaskets were Gm gaskets and the lines were by Earls. Not my fault they can't even just get that right or call people when they recieve parts in that you ordered. Do you really think that they custom grind cams and all that stuff???? Thats what machine shops are for. Maybe speed does some custom Turbo kits but otherwise all these shops are just R&R.

You can say what you want about my car. I really don't care. Shows what a man you are to talk **** about my car when the cars have nothing to do with what I am saying that speed should do at their open houses. Typical!

Flame on Guys and make sure you all have front plates IF you go to speeds open house next year.

Bye guys and girls. Have fun with this one!

no, they did not do all the work on my car. but yes 90% of the parts were ordered from them. Its simple. you rub me the wrong way and I just want to drag race. If you'd like to set something up with a friendly wager of a hundred or 2 we can go heads up and we can find out if my car will beat you. PM me if you want to set something up.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by StangEaterSS
no, they did not do all the work on my car. but yes 90% of the parts were ordered from them. Its simple. you rub me the wrong way and I just want to drag race. If you'd like to set something up with a friendly wager of a hundred or 2 we can go heads up and we can find out if my car will beat you. PM me if you want to set something up.
What the hell does racing him have to do with this??? He never said anything to you in the first place? Especially not about your car.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Okay guys take a breath, think about. You know based on the past Open Houses that the cops always show up, without fail. I drove out from basically Wrigleyville on 28" slicks hoping not to get a ticket, worked out. But I knew that I ran the risk.

But them writing no front plate tix is ghay. Let's move on. I tried getting some air under the fronts but I spun like I had just covered my rear tires in canola oil.
man i was wonderin if u were tryin to launch or burn em....i did want to see a wheelie.... but i didnt expect u to get any traction with all that rubber layin on the ground from previous burnouts...and i got chance to check your whip out when it was parked and that thing was gutted like japanese fish..xcpet for those 1,000lbs nos bottles....but man i had no idea that Turbos were that big...seriously the TT's in the shop cars were like the size of my head!!.the only thing i didnt like to much was the way intercooler looked on the white T.A...and just like our threads...THOSE PIZZAS NEED MODERTORS...a dude walked up to me with a plate FULL and i mean FULL of pizza..i was like man whos that for..he said "numero uno"...i was like W.T.F.!!....its not like we all came JUST for the pizza but i mean a little DISCRETION PEOPLE......lemme calm down....
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I did a few burnouts but I wanted to launch the car hard. The 3rd and 4th times (4th was after the cop left) I used the transbrake. I think if we had put rubber down some of us could have got a little air.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I think I seen that guy with the plate stacked with pizza. Holey **** he coulda fed about 4-5 people with that. I was just like
Old 04-29-2008, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

The guy with the goatee right?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StangEaterSS
I will race you for a couple hundred or couple thousand. Let me know.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
Ready to run? We were lined up last year but I didn't even see ya, i'd like to run you too
Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
Lol ski you still have those nuts on your car?
Haha ya I think there funny as hell. Had to replace the set some knucklehead snatched off my car in the staging lanes at 41 last year

Originally Posted by nd4spd22
Kind of a shitty pick but You can tell it was your car.... lol (edit) I actually had another better one.....

Not bad, a little blurry on the first pic but it shows em hangin. My car sure does not look as low as at feels. I think the ol SS is going up for sale soon. there cracking down on the strret scene too much so looks like its time to buy a beater Z28 and build it up for the track. My e.t. and MPH just arent comparable to you damn auto guys DOH!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
we could prolly work something out. PM me.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like it was a good time minus the cops... There's no one to blame for stuff that happened, but the people involved. If you got a ticket, you obviously did something wrong, its that simple. Its shitty, but thats life. I'm going to try and make it down next time! Looking forward to it! Putting front plate on too!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Open House

Its awesome that a company like Speed Inc will take money out of their profits to say thank you for being a customer. They could have done many other things with that money. Many thanks to Speed Inc.

Also, Congrats to the kid getting arrested. Way to be a man and take the walk of shame with his head high and proud (looks like he's done that before, lol). I didnt see him whine like a little bitch and he is not here on this site blaming others for his actions. I guess you can learn a lot from kids.

As for the cops, dont blame them for enforcing laws created by elected officials. They are doing the job they were hired to do. If you dont like the tickets dont break the law.

And, yes, I am old...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOLO
WOW, very interesting!!! I, myself had a good time as always whenever I take a trip to Speed Inc. to buy parts, tuning, have something installed if I can't do it myself, or attend their anual open house. Congratulations to Larry and all the guys at Speed for another successful turnout. Larry, your Project LT1 is very impressive, man thats so clean and tough looking. Can't wait to hear and see her run-call me on your next outing at the track. Sorry to hear people getting ticketed for no front plates-one reason I did not bring my car.

Anyways, EVERYONE, lets get back on track, and set ourselves new goals, whether it be more HORSEPOWER on motor, on NITROUS, hitting 11's, 10's, into the 9's maybe? for this racing season!!! I'M READY, Let's do it!!!
Larry, you forgot to give me my stickers which my car earned.
+1000

Quick Reply: Speed Inc. Open House