Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

army deployment...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default army deployment...

dont mean to sound ignorant but i havent been keeping up with this. are units still being deployed to afghan? or have they stopped doing so?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sure they will be for a while to come.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep they are still deploying them. I think NATO took over for most of it though.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Tenured Member

Yes Army units are still going to Afghan, but the Marines are starting to build thier numbers up thier to finally end the fighting. Army cant seem to get ride of the taliban.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

As far as I know all the forces are still deploying there. I've done my time in the dust bowl. As long as Special Forces are active, I believe the Navy and Airforce will maintain thier numbers... As for the Marines and Army... Niether would have a problem if they issued modified ROE, and let them shoot back.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SMOKY
Yes Army units are still going to Afghan, but the Marines are starting to build thier numbers up thier to finally end the fighting. Army cant seem to get ride of the taliban.
I wouldn't put the blame just on the Army... but yes Units are still deploying, I'm slated to head over in August for 12-15 months...
Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RangerRob
I wouldn't put the blame just on the Army... but yes Units are still deploying, I'm slated to head over in August for 12-15 months...
Its good money, just remember to keep your head and *** down.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

a little birdie told me *reliable source and i can't say more, so don't ask* there are plans for deployments until 2012, and if a word was given to pull everyone & everything out... it would take 6 years from that moment to do so... Scary thought isn't it?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by RangerRob
No its not just the army's fault its the iraqi people in general. Theyre all lazy and expect us to do everything for them. Just cause we can take over there country twice in 10 years doesnt mean we have to wipe thier asses everytime they ****.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SMOKY
No its not just the army's fault its the iraqi people in general. Theyre all lazy and expect us to do everything for them. Just cause we can take over there country twice in 10 years doesnt mean we have to wipe thier asses everytime they ****.
were talking about afghanistan here smoky...not iraq.

but yes we are still doin the mission to afghanistan. guys from my unit are over there on a voluntary mission training afghani soldiers and ****.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EvoWake
a little birdie told me *reliable source and i can't say more, so don't ask* there are plans for deployments until 2012, and if a word was given to pull everyone & everything out... it would take 6 years from that moment to do so... Scary thought isn't it?
Not necessarily. Depends on what the new president will do. Just depends on what happens.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Tenured Member

I know im trainin the iraqi police right now i know how hard it is to train them and from people ive talked to they are 1 in the same. Ill find out about the afghanis next year as long as my unit is still goin there.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Smoky, On behalf of myself, my family, and i'm sure everyone else here on tech, I'd like to say thank you to you and all other service men/women here on tech for what you've done and continue to do for each and every one of us! Thank You!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Tenured Member

Dont worry about it I started thinking that most of America doesnt care till I recieved a whole bunch of care packages from a grade school in oak lawn. Me and everyone on my team recieved a whole bunch of snacks and other gifts that is still lasting us 3 months later. I like to rag on the army since the ones I deal with are worthless they want to call an airstrike on 1 or 2 guys shooting at a tower instead of just shooting back, damn sissys. Hopefullt the same people decide to shoot at the tower when me and my team go out to visit that station. There will be 2 less ******** to worry about in this world.

Quick Reply: army deployment...