Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen the car from sat. it doesn't look bad should be all fixed up soon. Looks alot better then it could have.... From the view I got (up front ) I would have thought it was gonna be used for pop cans... It really looks like its only gonna need a hood,fender,bumper cover, headlight and tail light, Maybe a rear quarter panel.... And of course a drivers seat due to the **** stains
Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

While were talking about people who like to hit the walls... The team I race with were racing sat. night and during our heat race our driver/team owner Geoff Kaiser brushed the wall coming out of turn two... Damn sun ... But on a good note after a front axle, shock change he came back to win the feature by over a half a track

Heres a pretty cool in car video action....

Old 08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

THE GUY THAT'S GONNA BUY THE BEAST GOT APPROVED FOR A LOAN!!!! A bank in Indy approved it, so he should have the check within a week
Old 08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Beast
THE GUY THAT'S GONNA BUY THE BEAST GOT APPROVED FOR A LOAN!!!! A bank in Indy approved it, so he should have the check within a week
Sweet, now I don't have to be afraid of local Hondas...

Congrats! How's the prowl for a new ride going?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Sweet, now I don't have to be afraid of local Hondas...

Congrats! How's the prowl for a new ride going?
Lol, haven't really been looking, figured i would just be teasing myself by looking until now... i still need to figure out what i want to do with the next build... TA, Camaro, Vette, GTO, stock cube, 383, 408, NA, n2o, turbo, sc, or keep it stock or basic bolt ons ::cough cough:: maybe even an 03-04 Cobra or TT Supra ::cough cough::... Hell i don't even know how much i want to spend

Last edited by The Beast; 08-05-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Lol, haven't really been looking, figured i would just be teasing myself by looking until now... i still need to figure out what i want to do with the next build... TA, Camaro, Vette, GTO, stock cube, 383, 408, NA, n2o, turbo, sc, or keep it stock or basic bolt ons... Hell i don't even know how much i want to spend
stock cube, bolt ons, small cam, GTO probably Yellow maybe some HID's.... I heard they were quick ask Chris he might know.....LOL Just teasing Chris he was all mad sat. night....

I would do a auto w/stall, front mount single turbo, stock cubed forged internal short block, 6.0 liter heads ported by al, carb intake with elbow, and wicked fuel setup.... should only cost around one million dollars still with in your budget
Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
Any day now sir.

Great thanks!

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Hows that car comin?
good he started painting on it last night!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

well i can weld as thats what i did for a sign company busting out 45-70 signs a day, but that was on a 4k dollar welder. I am in the market and have been looking for about a month, I think i found a lincoln ill buy. If anyone has a used one or knows of one let me know
Old 08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, haven't really been looking, figured i would just be teasing myself by looking until now... i still need to figure out what i want to do with the next build... TA, Camaro, Vette, GTO, stock cube, 383, 408, NA, n2o, turbo, sc, or keep it stock or basic bolt ons ::cough cough:: maybe even an 03-04 Cobra or TT Supra ::cough cough::... Hell i don't even know how much i want to spend

TT Supra huh? You have been talkin to Ben to much!!

Last edited by blackz6sp; 08-05-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Supra, I thought you wanted to go fast, not wheel hop. LOL.

I'm sure it'll be badass whatever you do.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Congrats on the future sale man! You're gonna see one pissed off guy if you buy a Supra before I get one though I can't say I blame you as I have been wanting one for years.

Best bang for your buck would be to find a high mileage F-body that needs a new LS1. Spend the extra money in modding a new motor and pick your setup.

Good luck, and keep us up to date on whatever you decide.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
stock cube, bolt ons, small cam, GTO probably Yellow maybe some HID's.... I heard they were quick ask Chris he might know.....LOL Just teasing Chris he was all mad sat. night....

I would do a auto w/stall, front mount single turbo, stock cubed forged internal short block, 6.0 liter heads ported by al, carb intake with elbow, and wicked fuel setup.... should only cost around one million dollars still with in your budget
HAS to be a manual lol

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Supra, I thought you wanted to go fast, not wheel hop. LOL.

I'm sure it'll be badass whatever you do.
I was thinking more along the lines of doing exacly the OPPOSITE of what you and azar did... an inversion of the import/domestic mutt bastardness Maybe a chassis that hooks like there's no tomorrow with an engine and trans that can make CRAZY numbers, with a few changes, straight from the factory

Originally Posted by CALL911
Congrats on the future sale man! You're gonna see one pissed off guy if you buy a Supra before I get one though I can't say I blame you as I have been wanting one for years.

Best bang for your buck would be to find a high mileage F-body that needs a new LS1. Spend the extra money in modding a new motor and pick your setup.

Good luck, and keep us up to date on whatever you decide.

Supra's seem to be SO over priced though, that's the killer. It's gonna be hard to find the right one for the right price

But more than likely I'll end up doing what you said and by a good condition f body with less than desirable amount of miles

Out of curiosity, are there any differences (or what are the similarities) between the V6 and V8 shells other than the engine mounts, engine (and components), trans, rear end, and suspension? Mainly are the rear end and suspension mounts and bolt patterns the same...

Last edited by The Beast; 08-05-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 AM
TECH Addict

Out of curiosity, are there any differences (or what are the similarities) between the V6 and V8 shells other than the engine mounts, engine (and components), trans, rear end, and suspension? Mainly are the rear end and suspension mounts and bolt patterns the same...
I think you nailed all the big differences (besides the small stuff like different dash, computer ect.).
Old 08-06-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Second Club

One of my water heaters just puked it's guts out onto my basement floor. I guess my new brake rotors and adjustable LCAs will have to wait. Super.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:38 AM
TECH Regular

So I called EPP to see if they had any BMR sway bar brackets in stock and I was told that all I need are 3 inch exhaust clamps and no welding required, so its going on Friday! Hooray
Your welcome, you can give me the $500 finders fee when ever you get the money. He said it would be 10-14 days. If I could go back I would have bought a car with a blown up motor or a roller. Then build a 408 built for n2o and make that bitch hook. You wouldn't be able to drive it right away but it would be well worth it.

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
One of my water heaters just puked it's guts out onto my basement floor. I guess my new brake rotors and adjustable LCAs will have to wait. Super.
Ouch, sorry about your luck Scott. Are you getting rid of the c6's?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by krobinson123
So I called EPP to see if they had any BMR sway bar brackets in stock and I was told that all I need are 3 inch exhaust clamps and no welding required, so its going on Friday! Hooray
Did you tell them you have the rear tube support welded accoss the whole back of the rear end.... good luck
Old 08-06-2008, 06:56 AM
11 Second Club

Did you tell them you have the rear tube support welded accoss the whole back of the rear end.... good luck
Yeah definetly won't work then!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Fight night Sat. night who's in?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

*looks around*

Well that changes things. Hahaha.

Nick,

The inverted bastard would be amazing. And we both know it. DO EEEETT!

Shocker,

Where's the fight night gonna be? Isn't Fitch the main event??
Old 08-06-2008, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krobinson123
Ouch, sorry about your luck Scott. Are you getting rid of the c6's?
The fronts are starting to get some cracks at the cross-drilled holes. I'm going to switch to plain rotors. Probably Brembos.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!