Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
Where would you get the 416 from? My plan was to run the stock ls2 bottom end this year with built heads and a .600 to .650 cam, all i know is the stock unported l92's flow 332cfm at .600 lift unported
Be very careful on cam selection on L92 setups...lots of people are getting 500+, couple getting 550 rwhp on 416/418 cube shortblocks with L76 setup...its a weird type of cam profile neede, not just big!!! Talk to Joe and look at the L92 headed combos here on LS1Tech...cam selection along with compression is very very touchy to get big power out of these heads. I guess you could do 403 cube LS2, just be sure to try to get 4.0 bore to use these heads. It really is a hell of bang for buck for about $6K....a forged built motor with stock (ported) heads/intake/fuel rails/injectors/TB....making 550-600 crank hp....
Old 08-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw you today....... anything new
Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
I expect it most of the time. remember where I hang out. Ricky Martin talks a lotta crap even while rollin dubs.
Wow.. Sad... O well you don like my choice of wheels. But remeber 400$ makes me faster then you... Ouch

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Yeah, but Ricky is "livin la veta loca" (spelling?) while on his dubs.
What size are you rims on th back?

Originally Posted by krobinson123
Ricky Martin?
Shut Up. Ha

Ramone (spelling?)
Hmmm Honda... mmmmmm.. uhhh... yeah ha ah j/k

Originally Posted by blackz6sp

No one asked you. Ha Dick ha

Damn I missed that one
Originally Posted by digitalsolo
LOL. I'm going to put "B.G. - Bling Bling" on for him next weekend at Hall's...

Nick, I'm sure JPH "The Cam Ninja" can spec something good for that setup.
WOW, Ive never even seen you get on your car.. Let alone race some one. FOr having such a "Fast Car" I never here about it. It just sits like mine. Byt only diffrence would be I bet if I got on mine It wouldnt break....
Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, Ramon Noodles or Ricky Martin..... Having a tough time with this one....
Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Teching In

but these are the only 2 cars i've been "beat" by, and i've just got to clean the smudges off the beast's otherwise squeaky clean win record + i wanna beat cobb so i can make fun of him
Come on Beast! You sure you dont want one more shot at my Fix-Or-Repair-Daily? You spun bad, but thats racing. But, i'll do a 60 roll. then a 30 roll.
Nate, get your passenger out, and i'll clean out all the **** in my trunk. I think that it will be a closer race this time. I am going to be on different tires though. I want one more from a dig. I will either hook and book, or break an axle.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ

What size are you rims on th back?
Yeah but I would smoke you in a race on those. Plus I don't look like I just rolled out of the ghetto w/mine
Old 08-26-2008, 05:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
How much did you pay for that camera? Would it happen to be this one from Best Buy? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1099394810083
Those pics look awesome by the way I've been wanting to do those kind of pics on the highway all summer but I haven't done them yet!
No, thats the Rebel XT, mine is the Rebel XTi digital SLR. Mine has a lot more image stabalization, a lot more settings and shutter speed capabilities, and is a 12 megapixel camera (not a 8 megapixel one like the XT). The price tag on mine is also a bit steeper than the XT. Most of the XTi's were going for $900-$1200 when I got mine. I got a killer deal on mine and paid $780 for it.

The Rebel XT is still a good camera, but a step down from the XTi.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:50 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bbsgtosscav
i saw you today....... anything new
Nothing at all!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

IMO Ramon's car is anything but ghetto looking. Yes is has larger than normal rims for an f-body but it still was done with taste
Old 08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

Hey, Its just my opinion on it. I just don't like the look of 20's especially on the front on an f-body. Hell I don't even like the look of 20's on the front of my s-10. Its a really nice car just not a big fan of the rims.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

OH NO, HERE WE GO AGAIN!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ
WOW, Ive never even seen you get on your car.. Let alone race some one. FOr having such a "Fast Car" I never here about it. It just sits like mine. Byt only diffrence would be I bet if I got on mine It wouldnt break....
Ask the rest of these guys if I ever get on my car. It's not my fault you go hang at ricer-world when we go on cruises.

Let's see, stuff that's broken... cooling fan, MAF sensor (loose wire) and loose plug wire. Damn, that's rough, clearly a piece of ****.

Well, I have broken front and rear diff mounts in both cars; although, I've no idea how, because I don't ever get on it... wanna try a dig with your 10 bolt and 20" boat anchors? I've got the number for the Kelley flatbed...

Seriously though, assuming my new fan comes in, I'll take you out for a ride this weekend if you'd like. No spray, but it still does alright for a broken 5.3L.

Edit: I'm with TunedPort on the rims. I like the rims, and I like your car, but I don't really like them together, but hell, it's your car, and it is DAMN nice, just not quite my style. Really it's just envy, I only have 18s on the BMW...

Last edited by digitalsolo; 08-26-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
OH NO, HERE WE GO AGAIN!
Geez JPH you guys already been through this once?

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Well, I have broken front and rear diff mounts in both cars; although, I've no idea how, because I don't ever get on it... wanna try a dig with your 10 bolt and 20" boat anchors? I've got the number for the Kelley flatbed...
Well crap, I got a 10 bolt and 20" boat anchors. Glad I got triple A

Oh yeah and Cob I hope you really do realize why you get sh*t thrown your way. You came on a Domestic v8 forum and just a few months ago you were talking trash about the LSx on FWR. I'm glad you have taking a interest in domestic and come to your senses, but its going to be hard to get all these guys respect.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Alright guys, lets not get another thread locked. LOL Everyone quit picking on Ramoan, he's a cool guy and has different attentions and goals with his camaro then the rest of ous might would want or like to see. His car is different, and looks pretty good IMO, I just wish he would let me touch the motor and I would be ALOT happier with him and the car. I like everyones car on here, J-rod, blakes, everyones, but when we start publically bashing someone elses car that we know or see every weekend at our local hangout, that ususally makes it for an unpleasent experience for all parties.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Geez JPH you guys already been through this once?

Well crap, I got a 10 bolt and 20" boat anchors. Glad I got triple A

Oh yeah and Cob I hope you really do realize why you get sh*t thrown your way. You came on a Domestic v8 forum and just a few months ago you were talking trash about the LSx on FWR. I'm glad you have taking a interest in domestic and come to your senses, but its going to be hard to get all these guys respect.
I like your sig jared.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoah now, I'm not really bashing Ramon here. I like him and his car just fine, this is just some good natured smack talking. In fact, the work he did on the center gauges/vents is bad ***. Not everyone wants to ride around in a 20 year old Mazda with no sound deadening, a cage, no air, and two blown speakers. Not sure why not though...

It's all in fun; just ask Lucas about my discussions of Fords... LOL. Again, I have to talk smack, it's in my nature. Doesn't mean I wouldn't drive the hell out of either of their cars if given the chance.

I'll use more smileys from now on, they convey humor.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Blake i hear you talking smack all the time. Its actually getting kinda funny when you need to borrow tools to fix your lsx motor at gas stations though.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Teching In

You guys Kill me.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:42 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
You guys Kill me.
Hey Rob, what's the FASTEST N/A street bike in your club? I got a race for you?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Its actually getting kinda funny when you need to borrow tools to fix your lsx motor at gas stations though.
See the ford guy is smart enough to carry a trunk full of wrenches!

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!