Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
The Fireturd died today. I can start it but it soon just dies again. I will be getting it checked out tomarro, but I am almost suspecting the new fuel pump. More so on the basis that Scott had a bad one, and so did Snapps that got theirs about the same time I got mine. (I'll let you know Joe.)
You guys might want to look into the stock Supra (nippondenso) pumps. They flow more than 255 hp walbros, quieter and are more reliable. Now where is that page that shows flow #'s.

Also guys, I've had a pretty bad day. If anyone saw that semi turned over at the 69 exit on 24. That was my father, thank god he was able to walk away from it with only bruises and massive bumps to the head. Retards that he works with didn't load his semi correctly, the load shifted and sent the trailer over which also took the whole semi over. Luckily his windshield popped out so he could just walk out of it. Keep him in the prayers guys.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast
FWIW:
Are you a dealer for those? They're like $600, correct? I was looking at either that, the turbosmart eboost2, or aem tru boost.

ams1000 retails for 850
ams 500 retails for 400

I can do you alot better I'v know Seb for a long time so i might be a dealer but i dont want to step on any toes for sponsors needless to say if you need anything doing with the turbo kit im a dealer for alot of people.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
I always wondered why people didn't do their own psychological/educational/neruological/academic/emotional assessments...why pay someone for that??? Everyone should do their own mental health assessment and treatment, if not your a *****!!!

I love the mentality of build it yourself or else it isnt yours...always killed me! Build it yourself usually means put some parts on a car. Who "built" your block, did you forge it? Did you design the suspension parts your throwing on with tools that someone else designed and built? I put some parts on my Camaro, and paid friends who are mechanics to do the other 90%!

I will say this...in my 18 years of having fast cars and racing/modifying, etc...the fastest cars are almost always the ones that someone had outside work done on...not too many "home built" cars were at the top of the list that I ever saw. There is a reason for that...

I think its cool if you do as much as you can, but to insinuate that if you didn't build it yourself, it somehow doesn't count is as hillbilly as it gets!! I guess I will put a statement in my sig "If you didn't go to school for a long time and don't make six figures and pay someone to work on your car then it doesn't count"

Doing your own work is relaxing to a point, but if you get serious, you will need the experience and talent of someone who does it for a living. Anyone of us here with an air compressor and some grinding tools could port an intake, TB, or even heads...however I would rather pay Al to do it though!
Did you miss the part where I just thought it was interesting, before you went off on some big, pointless, unnecessary rant? I'm not downing people for it in any way. If you want to take it that way, go for it.

I was surprised, I guess I simply assumed that because I do most of my own stuff, that others did as well. I was incorrect in that assumption. I was just noting that, not trashing people. Don't get so bent out of shape guys.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 09-02-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Off topic, but hilarious and awesome all at once... Listen to all 3 of these Walbro's

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...WOTM_87480.htm

I want the rx7 to run like that
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Heres the #'s for the Supra TT pumps

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo In Tank Pump (Adj FPR required)

260 lph @43psi @12v 220 lph @58psi @12v

290 lph @43psi @14v 260 lph @58psi @14v
Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Off topic, but hilarious and awesome all at once... Listen to all 3 of these Walbro's

Holy ****.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
ams1000 retails for 850
ams 500 retails for 400

I can do you alot better I'v know Seb for a long time so i might be a dealer but i dont want to step on any toes for sponsors needless to say if you need anything doing with the turbo kit im a dealer for alot of people.
That's why your the best I'll be in touch, but not about buying things from a non sponsor of coarse... i'll be buying from these guys ->>>
Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Teching In

you guys running in tank pumps ? I run Fuel lab Pumps or are bigger stuff and up 450 i use the walbro gls392 pump. they are all external tho
Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
You forgot another bad one pal Damn walbro
Yeah I did.

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
I thought the Walbro's were supposed to be a decent name brand pump. Now I'm wondering if mine is gonna die.

Do they go quiet when they start have trouble; because mine whines very loud at all times?
They are a good fuel pump, just seems like the ones Joe got recently are bad. I don't know for a fact that that is the Formula's problem yet. I just am suspecting it is as the fuel pump evidence supports it, and so does the Formula's symptoms. I'll keep everyone posted.

Dammit! Stop showing Supra vids like that! I'll end up selling my sole for one!!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Pm sent D.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dammit! Stop showing Supra vids like that! I'll end up selling my sole for one!!
I keep doing searches for T76 turbo's and Supra's keep coming up.... Really makes me think hard, twice, about the next car choice.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey anyone that does some minor ls1 tuning.

Link
Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Teching In

I keep doing searches for T76 turbo's and Supra's keep coming up.... Really makes me think hard, twice, about the next car choice.
You mean LS2 Supra... I agree with that decision, sir.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
You mean LS2 Supra... I agree with that decision, sir.
How dare you disrespect a 2JZ like that!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How dare you disrespect a 2JZ like that!!!
dyno queen #'s and narrow torque band. I'll take that if I can run 8s like that one on streetfire.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Haha, I do like the JZ motors. They're pretty interesting power makers.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a good fuel pump, just seems like the ones Joe got recently are bad. I don't know for a fact that that is the Formula's problem yet. I just am suspecting it is as the fuel pump evidence supports it, and so does the Formula's symptoms.

It's weird the ones that have been going bad have come from different company's some were a granateli, holley, bbk. All walbro 255's
Old 09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by halucinator
dyno queen #'s and narrow torque band. I'll take that if I can run 8s like that one on streetfire.
It's a street car to http://www.wotmstore.com/rywo98qu.html
Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

how much are you spending on your walbros?

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merch...egory_Code=240

this is the link that I bought mine from, no problems thus far, and i have a few friends who have bought the same pump from these guys without any problems either.

the site is for a subaru vendor but from what i've seen, the pump looks pretty universal compared to the ones I've found on ebay and google.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Teching In

Default demolition derby

Roanoke fall festival is going on this weekend. There is a demolition derby at 7pm this saturday. I am planning on being there, and i want to know if anybody else is interested. My thoughts were to stay for the demo derby and then head up to Halls afterwards. Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.discoverroanoke.org/docs/demo_derby_2008.pdf

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!