Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
^ x3
When the hell are you going to come out to Halls Joe?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Ported LS2 or LS6 intake are going to be pretty close to each other with a turbo, but the LS2 has the benefit of the 90mm throttle body. It also has the downside of needing a 350 dollar Holley throttle body to get cable + hood clearance.

Will a Nick Williams work??
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Well the car actually moved under it's own power tonight. Now we need to figure out the clutch/tranny noise issue....hope it's just the cross-member that needs two bolt holes redone and bigger bolts put in...otherwise
Old 09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CALL911
I claim the military as well, as starting soon I will be in OTS (officer training school), which will last for 3 months, and then right after that, I will be in pilot training for about a year and a half, so no shootout for me

Sean, just put the MAF back on it and have Herter tune it If you're not down for that, I reccomend taking it to Nates buddy Nick. Josh (Ponyhntr) swears by him as well, and there is another local FI guy that had him do the tune on his Camaro and it turned out great. The tune is extremly detremental, especially in an FI car. If anything you decide to skimp on, don't let it be the tune. Take it to someone that with no doubt in your mind will exceed your high expectations. (IMO, no one in the area will do a good tune for you).
All I gotta say is, it's gonna have ALOT more power when it leaves us!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JPH
All I gotta say is, it's gonna have ALOT more power when it leaves us!
Sean will like that! Depending on how much power though, his bank account might not
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CALL911
Sean will like that! Depending on how much power though, his bank account might not
It should turnout like how Kens "OLD" vette responded to a blower cam/headers upgrade, but this car should be ALOT happier with what were doing or might be doing it.(pistons pending)
Old 09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS1875
Well the car actually moved under it's own power tonight. Now we need to figure out the clutch/tranny noise issue....hope it's just the cross-member that needs two bolt holes redone and bigger bolts put in...otherwise
She's a "THUMPER" again, just gotta take a peak at the clutch noise?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Either way it goes, the car will have more power. Just one way will be solid and cost 4x as much as the other, but it won't be a ticking time bomb. You guys just be ready to yank that short block if necessary.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Azar
So, we just did a class worksheet on perceptions and there were a bunch of items and you had to write down a name of who you thought in the class it applied to...for example..

Likes to cook..
drives a 5k car
drives a 20k car
is romantic
**** like that. A few people said me for "likes to cook" so that was cool, and then a few questions later my name came up again. This one was "Has seen an x-rated film in the past 3 months" and like 5 girls all said me. So I'm a guy who loves to cook while watching ****. Is this my life, does this **** happen to normal people??

I'll do the summary later tonight, I need to go do some homework for my class that is in an hour.
LOL I took a survey like that in my communications class. Was that the class??
Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
I'm sure Ron @Pro Dyno Tech in Crawfordsville, IN would do it? Not positive positive on that though.

X2 prodynotech FT W
Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Either way it goes, the car will have more power. Just one way will be solid and cost 4x as much as the other, but it won't be a ticking time bomb. You guys just be ready to yank that short block if necessary.
LOL. We will see what happens man.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS1875
Will a Nick Williams work??
Negative. The clearance is REALLY tight. The Holley has a nice sloping design with everything mounted nice and low, the Nick Williams, NX, and FAST all have a long flat section on the top and step down.

There are people that have managed to make a N.W. fit, but it requires hood bracing cutting, and even then is nearly kissing it.

Nick Williams on top, Holley on the bottom.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

On the look out for one of those, 317 heads, and the search is still on for the block
Old 09-08-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Beast
On the look out for one of those, 317 heads, and the search is still on for the block
If you're looking for unported 317 heads, keep your eye on the corvette forum. I see them a lot over there for $250ish, but they can go quick.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
If you're looking for unported 317 heads, keep your eye on the corvette forum. I see them a lot over there for $250ish, but they can go quick.
Awesome, thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 11:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Highlights of Saturday night:

We go on a cruise
I bum a ride with Ben....That sounds inherently gay, but I promise it was all legit hetero action.
I leave my camera in my shitbox (plot point)
We just drive around and soon enough Ben points out that it appears as though Massey is about to pass us. Which he does in an exceedingly safe and subtle manner...if Saturday was ******* opposite day. He was what I could only describe as a maroon blur fueled by cubic ******* awesome. Ben and I started discussing how fast he has run vs Kabooms PB. We decide it wouldn't be very close...

So Ben still decides to line it up with Massey, but meanwhile somewhere behind us Kenny and Cobb get lined up at a 20 roll with reports of Kenny spinning whilst pulling away from the poor little Subaru. But back to the action at hand...Ben takes the hit on a 3rd gear pull and Massey follows suit, pulling Ben ever so gently. It was a lot closer than Ben and I imagined. And we all cruise back to Halls and the intersection before Halls, Massey gets out and pops his hood. A few of us get out and discover he has a pretty nice size fuel leak....I holler for Cobb to redeem his subaru ways and help good old american muscle get pushed.

Kenny and I almost fall because we slip in the puddle of fuel that was left under Massey's car. I shout obscenities to the crowd watching us at Halls about how ******* awesome I am and **** like that. We get it up into the lot where the Mad Scientist (Blake) has to rip apart the block to replace the piston rings I just fried....****, wrong scene. Uhm, Blake goes about fixing the rails for Massey while we all stand around like buffoons and get high off of the insane amount of fuel on/under Massey's car. Kenny starts talking about how he's going to go get a sponge and soak up the fuel in the street so he can reuse it and then he gets a brainstorm...

We could use SHAMWOW to pull the gas out of the asphault and funnel it back into Massey's tank. It's about this time that Kenny thinks of this that Lucas shows up with his tools to fix GM cars and Blake gets what he needs. Zach sees Lucas, Lucas' wife and some hot girl. He goes over to Lucas "Hey Lucas, whose the hot..." before he can even finish Lucas grabs Zachs head and breaks his neck and all of us were like "Holy ******* Christ on a god damn Moped, you just killed Zach" and he was like "That's right you General Motor loving little *****, only Ford guys can even ask about my sister." I point out that I don't have a GM but I have a Mazda and they are now owned by Ford....He says I'm in the clear. His sister and I drive off in the Scoobaru to deliver mail and take walks on the beach and all that other gay **** that cute couples do. Oh um...I guess I'll end my daydream...But seriously, Lucas sister is hot.

Uhmmmmm...then every guy in the parking lot that didn't have a ring on their finger went to oogle at Lucas sister. Seriously, it was kind of pathetic. It was like me at Comic Book Coventions......Uh, I mean. ****.

Then there were a few races or something, I stayed and shot the **** with Massey, Blake, and 1 other person that I'm forgetting because it's 12 ******* 30 and I should be asleep....****. They get back and orange mustang is SUPER pissed about something. So they go out to race again, I ride with Nate...who is surprisingly NOT LYING about the car being pretty quiet on the inside. We saw a few cars ahead of us punch it then we saw the C5 on the side of the road so we started heading back so Nate could drop me off then go help the C5.

And that's really all I remember as of right now....If i think of more I'll add to it. But now, I need sleep.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:09 AM
12 Second Club

You never fail to amuse me.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tunedports10
You never fail to amuse me.
X ******* 2!! Azar= EPIC!!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club