Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Sorry I didn't make it out to the shindig. Today was awesome.

Went to look at the old car, the dude was a dick and in the rear doors it had rusted all the way through. So that sucked.

Then I got a letter in the mail from the new haven city court. The fuckup of a cop that gave me that 5 mph over ticket, issued it in Whitley. So I paid the whitley county court, then he turned it into new haven. So now New Haven sent a letter to the BMV telling them to suspend my license and up my fine. Even though I already paid it to the court I should have (it said on the ******* ticket) they say I didn't pay. I'm so ******* pissed.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Azar
Wow. Sorry I didn't make it out to the shindig. Today was awesome.

Went to look at the old car, the dude was a dick and in the rear doors it had rusted all the way through. So that sucked.

Then I got a letter in the mail from the new haven city court. The fuckup of a cop that gave me that 5 mph over ticket, issued it in Whitley. So I paid the whitley county court, then he turned it into new haven. So now New Haven sent a letter to the BMV telling them to suspend my license and up my fine. Even though I already paid it to the court I should have (it said on the ******* ticket) they say I didn't pay. I'm so ******* pissed.
Remember Drew, its in the constitution, you can't be prosecuted twice for the same crime. You can file lawsuit against new haven and make sure you get a good lawyer.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SDB
I have seen the car before. Its the Speed Inc shop car. I was told by a member on here to stay away from it because it pushes water whenever it runs. Don't know if its true or not, but indicated heads not sealing with block. That could be why they offer a LSx iron block with new 6 bolt heads for $60K. Would be a neat car, but If I get another toy car, I really don't want to spend more than about $30 or so. It would be a badass ride. But then again, getting something that fast means it just collects dust in the garage, after the first two times out, no one would run. I think a 10 second motor car or a 9 second FI/nitrous car would be about right for Ft. Wayne area.
FYI

We drove the car 1,000+ miles on drag week, only pushed water on Day 1 due to spark plug issue causing detonation, swapped plugs, rest of passes that week (12 passes didn't' push coolant, went 8.6@161 and was to repeat these ETs like a bracket car)

Last pass of drag week the motor did get hurt due to debris in an injector.

The motor was torn apart. We found wall of an intake port had cracked through intake to exhaust. Not so common issue, Their was about .020 metal between ports, ET sent us new heads. So New CP pistons new ET 255 heads, NEW larger GT72 ball bearing turbochargers and added ARP L19 head studs.

3 passes later, the 6.0 block cracked on a run in one of the bores, went down GLD like a steam train, so perhaps this is where this person came up with this? the pushing coolant.

The car is being sold with freshened motor or LSX build.

The car is SOM 2002 Z28 hardtop, crank windows option, its pretty rare and it has 4,300 miles on it. (IIRC)

We've taken this car as far as street car will go, we have another project in works.

thanks for your interest

Last edited by Fraser@SpeedInc; 09-28-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luke thanks again, good food and had a good time
Old 09-28-2008, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Luke, good to meet you, sorry Joe drug me in without an invite. I appreciate the hospitality though.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Great night, tonight. Thanks for having us all out to your place, Luke. I had a great time (and tell your sister I said Hi ) And got to see Scott vs RMFK (I'd like to see that race at a prepped track GE track day maybe ) and and Ben vs Scott (hit 180 on the bike and barely kept up Can't wait to see the video) And Darren, I didn't know we lived less than a 1/4 mile apart lol. I can't believe I'd never seen your car before
Old 09-28-2008, 02:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
And Darren, I didn't know we lived less than a 1/4 mile apart lol. I can't believe I'd never seen your car before

Probably because it's been a garage queen/ paperweight most of it's life

Where you getting high on my exhaust???
Old 09-28-2008, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS1875
Probably because it's been a garage queen/ paperweight most of it's life

Where you getting high on my exhaust???
That's never good lol

And yes I was, and I was loving every second of it... I actually had my shield open while I was following you, untill my eyes were nearly frozen, then I shut the visor and opened all the vents
Old 09-28-2008, 02:19 AM
11 Second Club

That's never good lol

And yes I was, and I was loving every second of it... I actually had my shield open while I was following you, untill my eyes were nearly frozen, then I shut the visor and opened all the vents
It was/is a bit chilly....I remember those days when I had my bike. Glad it didn't make you on the hatch
Old 09-28-2008, 02:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

It was/is a bit chilly....I remember those days when I had my bike. Glad it didn't make you on the hatch
Oh no, never, I love that smell
Old 09-28-2008, 02:45 AM
11 Second Club

Oh no, never, I love that smell

Old 09-28-2008, 06:16 AM
12 Second Club

Luke,
Thanks for having us out last night. It was a good time and good food. Wish I could have stayed longer, but its hard to pass up 12hrs of double time and not having to work very hard for it.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

Big "thank you" to Lucas and his wife for their hospitality. I had a great time. I look forward to Ben's vids.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:41 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Thanks again for having ous out at your place luke. I had a great time, along with a great selection of food. Thanks again man.

PS: Who was the blonde in the red shirt at your party?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPH
I knew that was coming
Old 09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also had a great time last night (even though I didn't make it out to Luke's bash )

Hopefully I will have the vid completed, and posted no later than mid week
Old 09-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JPH
Thanks again for having ous out at your place luke. I had a great time, along with a great selection of food. Thanks again man.

I cant believe you are even thinking about another girl. You showed all of us the the future Mrs. JPH. Remember, she was the husky girl with arms bigger than the a-pillar waving at you from the trailblazer.

Her name is Jen Bell. Went to college with my wife and is a room mate with my sister at her house.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Luke thanks again, good food and had a good time
Luke, good to meet you, sorry Joe drug me in without an invite. I appreciate the hospitality though.
No big deal, glad you were able to make it.

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Luke,
Thanks for having us out last night. It was a good time and good food. Wish I could have stayed longer, but its hard to pass up 12hrs of double time and not having to work very hard for it.
Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Big "thank you" to Lucas and his wife for their hospitality. I had a great time. I look forward to Ben's vids.
Originally Posted by JPH
No Problem guys, I'm glad you all had a good time. I havent got any complaints from the neighbors yet, so maybe next year we can do it again. Thanks for coming out.

Luke
Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Was a great night last night Luke had everyone out i meet some ne faces and some old. Luke im sorry if my frends up set you in any way lastnight with them kinda crashing as some would say. The race I would agree with on the track it would be alot better for Scott hooking up . Scott you have a bad *** ride none the less. Again thanks to everone that was out last night and i hope you guys had fun also. Now i just like to get ahold of the southbend boys with one of my Other Toyz
Old 09-28-2008, 12:31 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
I cant believe you are even thinking about another girl. You showed all of us the the future Mrs. JPH. Remember, she was the husky girl with arms bigger than the a-pillar waving at you from the trailblazer.

LMAO!!!!

Her name is Jen Bell. Went to college with my wife and is a room mate with my sister at her house.
Cool. So what's up with her? Single, married, divorced?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!