Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF hood

Does any one know of an SS carbon fiber hood I could buy that would bolt on instead of Pin on? I was thinking of painting most of it orange, but leaving the scoop CF. WHat do you guys think? Do you know of any?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Nice video....well done as usual.

Ben it was good seeing you and hanging out with you during my few/brief appearances this year. Brought back some old times/memories of being behind CALL911...haha. I hope that your continued training goes very well for you...I have no doubts you will excel @ it. I wish you all the best in your endeavor with the USAF and thank you for all that you do.....take care brother
Old 10-30-2008, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by terry02
Does any one know of an SS carbon fiber hood I could buy that would bolt on instead of Pin on? I was thinking of painting most of it orange, but leaving the scoop CF. WHat do you guys think? Do you know of any?

http://www.lmperformance.com/6830/13.html

http://www.wickedbodies.net/generic226.html
Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, after all my searching I hadn't seen those two. Some people said for as big of a name RK sprt has that their quality wasn't that good. I dont know for sure though. I've looked at so man hoods lately that I'm starting to have trouble telling them apart. Some are very similar to the OEM, but are just a little shorter, or wider, or longer, or what ever, so I'm trying tostudy real hard. I just hope I make up my mind soon cause i will need very shortly.
Thanks again D
Old 10-30-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome video Ben, great work once again!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by terry02
I agree with Ben, do something different. I wonder if the Harrell supercar Camaro hoods (or one like it) are available anywhere. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSySY9HCfCY
Won't look quite the same without the widebody but it would be nice.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
I agree with Ben, do something different. I wonder if the Harrell supercar Camaro hoods (or one like it) are available anywhere. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSySY9HCfCY
Won't look quite the same without the widebody but it would be nice.
I like the hood on the car in the vid. You should do one like that. It'd be sweet.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thedarkness
great video..that was a sick launch!

ben i think its awesome that you've found something in life as fulfilling as the USAF has been for you, a lot of people aren't as lucky to find what truely makes them happy and i'm glad you have. i deeply thank you for your service to the country and protecting my rights as a citizen. i'll try to do regular videos next summer so you can check out our schnanigans and such, but i'm not gonna guarantee call911 productions quality since i'm a to video editing. finally its been a great summer getting to know you and the rest of the guys...thanks for that and good luck sir!

Thanks dude. You'll find that the more video stuff you do, the better you will get.
Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Great video Ben!!! Thanks again for gettin that for us. I'll will have to check out the unedited version I wanna check those launch's out at reg speed.
Thanks man. Really all the cars in the vid are very impressive for what little has been done to them mod wise.

I will say Mikes car jumped out of the hole like a monster! I thought it was better to show the video in slow motion and up close. The regular "un-edited" cut is still really impressive, but goes so quick you don't really appreciate how much it lifts the front tires as much as it does.

Originally Posted by SS1875
Nice video....well done as usual.

Ben it was good seeing you and hanging out with you during my few/brief appearances this year. Brought back some old times/memories of being behind CALL911...haha. I hope that your continued training goes very well for you...I have no doubts you will excel @ it. I wish you all the best in your endeavor with the USAF and thank you for all that you do.....take care brother
Thanks D. I wish you the best with your Camaro. I really hope in the end you keep it. I can't remember how many times I constantly ran into issues with mine. In fact you are about the only one I know that has had even more issues than I have. I am confident if you find the patience and the funds to work out the bugs, it will all be worth it when it runs as it should. When that day happens, I have a feeling you'll be seeing CALL911 in your rear view mirror instead of from behind it.

Awesome video Ben, great work once again!
Thanks Chris.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

terry02,

This is the hood I was talking about man. I think it looks badass. I wish I could find the other pics of it, as you can only barely see the vents on top. If I had an LS1 Camaro, I wouldn't even think twice about getting one of these.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Nice runs guys. Ben, I work all weekend, but I'm off Monday and Tues. Anybody in for a GTG for a beer or two Monday night? Monday Night Football at my place? Just got the new projector installed yesterday. Now I need a PS3 for the Blu-ray so I can actually see 1080p on it. Hopefully, Santa will bring one.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Nice runs guys. Ben, I work all weekend, but I'm off Monday and Tues. Anybody in for a GTG for a beer or two Monday night? Monday Night Football at my place? Just got the new projector installed yesterday. Now I need a PS3 for the Blu-ray so I can actually see 1080p on it. Hopefully, Santa will bring one.
Who's playing? I might be down, lets see how the weekend goes I have to work on Chase's t/a most of the weekend.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Who's playing? I might be down, lets see how the weekend goes I have to work on Chase's t/a most of the weekend.
Hey Homie, nice runs at Muncie. I should have a trans for you shortly. I know I've been saying that but I mean it this time lol. Other goodies currently being installed also. Can't wait for spring, you guy's will have to take it to the track for me. I doubt I'll ever have time
Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

Hey Homie, nice runs at Muncie. I should have a trans for you shortly. I know I've been saying that but I mean it this time lol. Other goodies currently being installed also. Can't wait for spring, you guy's will have to take it to the track for me. I doubt I'll ever have time
Getting the transmission done is no problem just let me know when and where you can drop it off.. its gonna be Nasty

Why will you not have time to run it?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Getting the transmission done is no problem just let me know when and where you can drop it off.. its gonna be Nasty

Why will you not have time to run it?
Too busy with the family and work during the week. You and Shocker are getting enough practice in here lately I'm sure you guy's can handle it! The subframe connectors got welded on first, we should have the trans out soon. I can drop it off where ever you need sir.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that tranny deal is anything like your gears, don't hold your breath Nate lol Thats BS you better get that thing to the track next year
Old 10-31-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
If that tranny deal is anything like your gears, don't hold your breath Nate lol Thats BS get you better get that thing to the track next year
I have no idea what you speak of lol. I want you to drive it that way if you make it back I know that tranny ain't goin' anywhere .
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shamrock, is that Camaro on Pike's Peak?

Also, >100,000 views on this thread now... wow!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Banned

ok ok ...great runs u guys!!!!....for slowers party switches and i will be reinacting the the bombing of baghdad.....Kaboom....rat ta tat tat kaboom .....hummers and explosives...this is gonna rock...sorry niether one of us will be wearing camo....
Old 10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NVADERC6
ok ok ...great runs u guys!!!!....for slowers party switches and i will be reinacting the the bombing of baghdad.....Kaboom....rat ta tat tat kaboom .....hummers and explosives...this is gonna rock...sorry niether one of us will be wearing camo....
Why no Camo? I'd rather not "see" you. LOL just joking. Should I bring a fire extinguisher?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!