Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terry02
Quit trying to pull that old "we huddle for warmth" crap!!

I doubt we would actually need a tax ID unless we tried to claim that we were say a church or big brother big sisters or something like that.
Use your local churches tax id card and get it tax free or discounted (If any of you go to church, you can borrow their card if you ask).
Old 12-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thedarkness
Boy drugs sure are nice especially when they come from cute nurses gotta love kidney stones
NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I f*ckng hate kidney stones!!!!!
Zach isn't this your second time having them? I had one doctor theorize that scans weren't showing mine and that I had a collection of minscule stones that would slowly and very painfully float there way out across the REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!! tHANKS doc YOUR A BIG HELP!!

Originally Posted by halucinator
Use your local churches tax id card and get it tax free or discounted (If any of you go to church, you can borrow their card if you ask).
Alright using a church to further my pagan ways!!! LOL seriously though I could use the discount.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

shocker u wouldn't have came I can't even get you to hangout on the weekend let alone fly to vegas. which by the way is cool as **** we got here earlier today.

Joe no hookers pal.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
shocker u wouldn't have came I can't even get you to hangout on the weekend let alone fly to vegas. which by the way is cool as **** we got here earlier today.

Joe no hookers pal.
Vegas sucks.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Vegas sucks.
yea id ratter be working, the weather is better here so I think I'll stay for awhile
Old 12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Nate, pick up some girl advertisement fliers for Joe. They make good reading material for the john.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Joe no hookers pal.

Yeah not when you ask me in front of the woman, I could have made up some excuse if you wouldn't have asked in front of her pal!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GM is closing the Fort Wayne plant for at least two weeks in the beginning of March.

Government bailout failed because UAW wouldn't agree to wage cuts. Seems odd to me, no bailout may very well spell the death of the UAW, I'd have thought wage cuts would be better then collapse. For all the guys here that are employed there, I sure hope they figure something out soon.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Nate, pick up some girl advertisement fliers for Joe. They make good reading material for the john.
X2 I collected a grocery bag full the last time I was there lol
Old 12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
GM is closing the Fort Wayne plant for at least two weeks in the beginning of March.

Government bailout failed because UAW wouldn't agree to wage cuts. Seems odd to me, no bailout may very well spell the death of the UAW, I'd have thought wage cuts would be better then collapse. For all the guys here that are employed there, I sure hope they figure something out soon.
THis is an excerpt from the new york times. ( Ron gettelfinger is the UAW president.) Mr. Corker is a rupublican senator from Tennesee ( Can you say toyota lover?)

Mr. Gettelfinger said Friday that there was no way to tell what Mr. Corker meant by competitive wage and benefit rates, which differ depending on the company and the location of the automakers’ plants. He went on, “The G.O.P. caucus was insisting the restructuring had to be done on the backs of workers and retirees rather than have all stakeholders come to the table.”

“We could not accept the effort by the Senate G.O.P. caucus to single out workers and retirees for different treatment,” he said.

Union members said Friday that they supported Mr. Gettelfinger for standing up to Mr. Corker.

“It’s not an attack on the U.A.W., it’s an attack on the labor movement and the whole working class,” said Martha Grevatt, who has worked at Chrysler’s stamping plant in Twinsburg, Ohio, for 21 years.

“Politicians don’t dictate union wages, and I would have felt the same way, even if I was working,” said Marty Shawl, of Bay City, Mich., who retired from a G.M. plant in May.

In 2007, the U.A.W. agreed to sharply lower starting wages and benefits for newly hired autoworkers at the Detroit companies, as well as for workers in jobs away from the assembly line, like janitors and maintenance personnel.

But the cuts did not affect most long-time union members, whose hourly pay and compensation is about $55 an hour. The figure ranges above $70 an hour when the automakers’ costs for health care for retired workers and retirement benefits is factored in.

By contrast, workers in plants run by foreign companies in the United States earn about $45 an hour, and the nonunion companies do not have the hefty burdens for future “legacy costs” that are faced by the Detroit companies.

end of quote ^

I would like to say that they dont have the legacy costs due to the fact that they were just opened in the last 10 years, but the will have them as their workforce continues to age.
I really dont want to see GM fail. But i know that there are alot of people that want to break the unions. In their reasoning they think that the unions just arent needed anymore. But i will say that they are. I worked non union and union. I would choose Union anytime.

for the complete article, here is the link;
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/13/bu.../13uaw.html?em
Old 12-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Teching In

One more for you from Fox news

Title

UAW LASH OUT AT GOP SENATORS OVER BAILOUT COLLAPSE
The head of the United Auto Workers union lashed out Friday at Senate Republicans -- Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, in particular -- blaming them for scuttling the $14 billion auto bailout package approved earlier in the week by the House.

GOP objections stalled the measure in the Senate Thursday night. Republicans put pressure on the powerful autoworkers union as they tried to squeeze out concessions in exchange for their support.

"This was just simply subterfuge on the part of the minority in the Republican Party who wanted to tear down any agreement that we came up with," UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said at a press conference, declaring "the auto industry around the world is in peril."

Intense negotiations broke down over the union's refusal to meet GOP demands for wage cuts. Corker, the architect of the Republican counterproposal to the House-approved bill, told FOX News that negotiators were "just three words away from a deal."

But Gettelfinger said Republicans were holding the union to a "double standard" and trying to applying an undue burden on their workers.

He questioned whether Republicans had an ulterior motive, but said the union was nevertheless willing to negotiate.

"Quite frankly, we wondered if we were just being set up," Gettelfinger said. "And I say that because there's no question the UAW has demonstrated leadership throughout this process, and there were some in the Senate who we felt resented that. "

He said bankruptcy for the Big Three automakers is not an option.

Corker rejected the accusations, telling FOX News the union simply refused to offer a date by which they could be competitive with foreign automakers who have plants in the United States.

"I was stunned that they would walk away from a deal to put these companies on an incredible footing, a healthy footing for their employees for years to come," Corker said.

The senator complained that the UAW pay scale is "far higher" than at other plants in the United States, particularly those of foreign automakers.

In terms of hourly wages, the pay scales are similar. For instance, General Motors says the average UAW laborer makes $29.78, while Toyota says it pays about $30 per hour.

The difference is in the benefits, however. GM's hourly labor costs (including pensions and health care) total $69 for active workers. Toyota's total about $48 per hour at older U.S. plants.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008...lout-collapse/
Old 12-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Teching In

well i'm still alive thanx switches/terry and yes the drugs were good i haven't slept that well in a long time. yeah terry that was round 2 for me that's y i went to the hospital early since i kinda knew what was goin on.

switches how are you doin btw?
Old 12-12-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Luke,

I was just going off of what the news sites say. I'm not going to say the Union was 100% to blame, but this whole "oh, we're just being asked to make completely unfair cuts" line is B.S. too. The UAW has been pushing really hard on the U.S. automakers for a LONG time. There are a lot of UAW workers earning what they deserve, but there is a lot of bullshit and fat in the way that group runs things that needs fixed, and until they're bleeding on the ground, I don't think they'll ever admit to it.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

I'm a little disappointed that the Senate deal fell through. Sounds like the we might get some TARP money, though. I think that if it weren't for the credit/housing problems, GM would have been OK. The wage cuts and benefit cuts for the new hires would have come into play. Also, the VEBA goes off GM's books in 2010. Both of those things bring our compensation much closer to the foreign transplants. I am a little surprised the UAW was so adament about not even discussing a wage cut. I never heard how much of a cut the Republicans were demanding in exchange for their support. $2 an hour is one thing, $10 an hour is a totally different thing. The Republicans do have a valid objection to the "bailout" regarding the increased fuel economy requirements. CAFE is killing the domestic auto industry. We should let the market decide what level of economy they want, not the federal government.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Teching In

I'm not pro union only. I just dont like it when articles are skewed. anyhow, i heard down in alabama that a non union foreign car company was ready to close its doors and the govt gave them money to retool their plant to keep the jobs. I doubt anybody else heard the whole story. Its skewed to make everybody think that only UAW companies are going under.

certain jobs require a union. I am employed by a company that ***** on the employees so i need a union.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Teching In

I can see both sides. I listened to fox news today about the labor rates ect....toyota does not pay 30/ hr....they average wage is 18-20/hr. they bonus there employees for production and turn out which can put them at 30+hour with the bonus they can earn. also Ron gettelfinger point was instead of uaw dropping there pants to 20/hr if you are going to use toyota as the bench mark lets see what they are paying for health care, vendors, suppliers, upper managment, vp ,ceo ect....then we can make it a even playing field...
what i people do not realize is uaw empoyees benefits after they retire are very very good. when u retire from toyota thats it your done, no health care, retirement wage, thats it done. gm spends millions and millions on health care and retirement wages to take care of the people that worked for them for 30 plus years. these people are living longer and the drain that is putting on gm, ford, chrysler, is killer...
thats why toyota can sell the same amount of cars and trucks as gm...vertual tie last year...
gm lost 11 BILLION dollars, toyota made 10.8 BILLION!!!!! thats a 22 BILLION dollar swing!!!!!..my heart goes out to my friends and family that work for GM, but the govenment needed to step in....if ALABAMA can give VW 500 MILLION in tax benefits to move a plant there why cant the USA give a AMERICAN company some help also
Old 12-12-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Sen. Shelby of Alabama deserves a swift kick in the nuts, IMO. His state gave Toyota well over a billion dollars in incentives to get a transplant factory. He's an un-American ******* clearly in the pocket of Toyota as far as I'm concerned.

Beaver, it was Tennesse that got the VW plant. Not Alabama.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Teching In

OHH my bad....i thought it was alabama...and you are right i feel he is in toyota's pocket....i could of swore fox said alabama for the new VW plant...
Old 12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
I'm a little disappointed that the Senate deal fell through. Sounds like the we might get some TARP money, though. I think that if it weren't for the credit/housing problems, GM would have been OK. The wage cuts and benefit cuts for the new hires would have come into play. Also, the VEBA goes off GM's books in 2010. Both of those things bring our compensation much closer to the foreign transplants. I am a little surprised the UAW was so adament about not even discussing a wage cut. I never heard how much of a cut the Republicans were demanding in exchange for their support. $2 an hour is one thing, $10 an hour is a totally different thing. The Republicans do have a valid objection to the "bailout" regarding the increased fuel economy requirements. CAFE is killing the domestic auto industry. We should let the market decide what level of economy they want, not the federal government.
YOU NAILED THAT ON THE HEAD!!! **** cafe requirements..these tree hugging toyota prius driving hypocrites are what is really killing america....i am so fed up with polosie and clinton talking about this and how cars manufator's need to have a 34 avg mpg by 2025...let america decide..also on the case of saving energy why did polosie up grade her "FREE" jet from the govenment to a 727....60k(720,000 year) a month it cost the tax payers for her new plane in up keep and gas...and the only reason she needed that plane is because it goes coast to coast without stopping for gas.....GOD I AM SOO PISSED AT OUR GOVERNMENT I AM GONNA GO OUT TONIGHT BREAK INTO THE ZOO AND BASH SOME BABY SEALS!!!!!
people who are not in the auto business just will not understand...the trickle down economic effects the auto business has on all types of other manufacturing and right down to the cost of groceries...Everything we do day to day is a direct link to the automotive business. think about that. scott you are in my prayers i understand and feel what you are going through. because i am right there with ya
Old 12-12-2008, 04:53 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Joe no hookers pal.
If you can't get laid in Vegas corwin, there is no more hope left for you.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!