Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ
Ha Ha... Did you get hair clippers from santa so you can get rid of that "Shaggy" From Scoody Doo look? Or you still tryting to look like him?
Goin for that Mogley, from Jungle Book, look actually.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000NHRAFormula
I am thinking about getting a good sized cam for my car, but i really would like to keep it a sleeper for now. My question is how big of a cam could i go with out hurting anything, too much back pressure, with my stock exhaust?? I may try to find a LS6 intake so everything under the hood looks pretty much all stock except the SLP lid.

I dont have the ram air hood, it has the base wing, and it looks like a V6 with chrome wheels in a parking lot and just driving around so i kinda would like to go with that a little bit.
I'll probably be getting a FAST 92mm intake/TB in the summer so you could always buy my LS6 intake from me and have it ported! And my stock throttle body has already been ported by Lingenfelter too.

Merry Christmas to all! And Ben I got a Nikon D60 for Christmas! There's tons of buttons that I have no clue on how to use!
Old 12-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
I'll probably be getting a FAST 92mm intake/TB in the summer so you could always buy my LS6 intake from me and have it ported! And my stock throttle body has already been ported by Lingenfelter too.

Merry Christmas to all! And Ben I got a Nikon D60 for Christmas! There's tons of buttons that I have no clue on how to use!
I would be very interested in it. Let me know about a price and all that good stuff. My TB has already been ported
Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Adam. Never got down to see your house with the lights on it. Happen to take a picture of it? Also, I switched to first shift weekdays. So sometime I might be able to come in on fridays and help you guys out in the freezer.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:49 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

I am thinking about getting a good sized cam for my car, but i really would like to keep it a sleeper for now. My question is how big of a cam could i go with out hurting anything, too much back pressure, with my stock exhaust?? I may try to find a LS6 intake so everything under the hood looks pretty much all stock except the SLP lid.

I dont have the ram air hood, it has the base wing, and it looks like a V6 with chrome wheels in a parking lot and just driving around so i kinda would like to go with that a little bit.
Being an all STOCK motor, I wouldn't put anything bigger than a 224/228 in it imo. How big of convertor are you going to run?

Last edited by JPH; 12-25-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by halucinator
Hey Adam. Never got down to see your house with the lights on it. Happen to take a picture of it? Also, I switched to first shift weekdays. So sometime I might be able to come in on fridays and help you guys out in the freezer.
I haven't taken a picture of my lights yet, but I might be able to take one tomorrow. That's cool you got on 1st shift weekdays, but you probably took my brother's job he wanted!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

I would be very interested in it. Let me know about a price and all that good stuff. My TB has already been ported
How soon would you want to buy it? And I'll let you know a price soon.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't taken a picture of my lights yet, but I might be able to take one tomorrow. That's cool you got on 1st shift weekdays, but you probably took my brother's job he wanted!
Well when you have time in from the store, it counts towards what jobs you bid on. I have over 2 1/2 years with the devil. I'm Dairy/Deli. If I come in on fridays I'll want to be in the freezer.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
Ben, good to see ya back in town for the holidays....I think I can go Saturday night...where are we going? let me know!
Originally Posted by thedarkness
Hey Ben I'm in for Saturday
Originally Posted by The Beast
I'm down to clown Saturday
Originally Posted by GMMillwright
I'm in for Saturday.
I'll probably be down for Saturday too.
Originally Posted by thedarkness
i talked to kenny today he said to let him know when/where for saturday
The list so far;

SDB
Darkness
Beast
Scott
Adam (probably)
Ken
Shocker
Blue Vette Sean

Anyone else? Switches? Nate? Joe?

I'll figure out in the next 24 hours where we will meet, and I'll be sure to post it up. It will most likely be someplace on/near Coliseum Blvd around 7-ish. I would like to do dinner and then something afterwards. But depending on who is old enough to get into other places and what everyone wants to do will dictate where the evening goes from there.

Still open to suggestions. Otherwise, I'll figure it out and let everyone know.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Ben, count me as a maybe. Sorry, i just dont know how this dang wedding is gonna turn out.

Did anybody get any car related items for Christmas?

I got a new front bumper with fog lights
a hood repaint
All the pictures my sister took of my car this summer, she picked out 3 of the best ones and framed them. They were taken in my folks apple orchard and out and around new haven. they came out Great. The best part was that for the last 3 months she has been telling me that they turned out like isht. Knowing that she would be giving me them for christmas. What a TURD!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What bumper did you get Luke?

I didn't get any car presents, per se, but I did go buy the last of my fuel parts from Summit. I need to finish this damn car, I can't take any more wallet drain right now.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Here is a topic for discussion. these are some common rules for Saturday night "Cruises" I'm sure you know what i mean. What should we add or take off this list?

not in the rain
not in town
not in traffic
honk 3 times and don't jump
show your ***** if you are a girl
The first rule is Don't Get Caught
Make sure you have a witness. To many times have I seen it when you smoke someone and the next day all you hear is how bad you lost
My rules are STAY ON THE HWY!
Less driver error/traction , Less chances of seeing a cop and alot less noise( Tires , Muffler )
No traffic, no high traffic (patrolled) areas, won't even consider it if there's moisture on the ground.
never in a pack, just you and the other car.
get on vid (evidence)
only race in mexico
Freeway:
- No taillights in front of me until the horizon, and no traffic (since itll likely be 3rd-4th)
- Only race a car worthy of getting caught at those speeds, not worth it for pos camry douchebag or something
- Only after a onramp on a section that is long enough there is a good space before the next onramp comes up. Less chance of interaction with dumbass mergers.
- Straight sections only
- Only under the best conditions (dont be stupid)
- Only race friends if at all possible (so i know their skill level and know they can handle those speeds)

Surface Streets:
- Only go until the end of 2nd only (any more is just stupid)
- Only if traffic is clear enough for both cars
- Only if enough room to safely slow down with double the distance
- Only if no cross streets are within that section
- Only if condition permits

Country Dig Races:
- NO BYSTANDERS PAST LAUNCH POINT!
- No cars oncoming from returning from racing (if its country roads, go a block and turn right, go another block and turn right, then another and turn right, then another. Youll end up where you started)
- No cars past launch point except for those racing
- Hot chick doing arm drop only
- Race and GTFO of there asap. Dont stick around for the inevitable.
- Only if conditions permit
never race over a hill
or going down a hill with even the slightest turn
always in a straight line
If caught by LEO, split up ASAP. You have a 50/50 chance of getting away but if you're the one who LEO goes after pull over and take it like a man; as far as the other guy, keep your mouth shut, you have no idea who he is when asked by LEO...
Old 12-26-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
The list so far;

SDB
Darkness
Beast
Scott
Adam (probably)
Ken
Shocker
Blue Vette Sean

I'll figure out in the next 24 hours where we will meet, and I'll be sure to post it up. It will most likely be someplace on/near Coliseum Blvd around 7-ish. I would like to do dinner and then something afterwards. But depending on who is old enough to get into other places and what everyone wants to do will dictate where the evening goes from there.

Don't worry about anything related to age afterwards, it looks like I'm the only one under 21 and I have plans with a lady friend whenever we get done eating
Old 12-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
What bumper did you get Luke?

I didn't get any car presents, per se, but I did go buy the last of my fuel parts from Summit. I need to finish this damn car, I can't take any more wallet drain right now.
I have not got it yet. The wife said she will buy me the bumper cover and lights and paint for a present. If you guys can give me an honost opinion i'll post up some pics of the 2 bumpers that i cant decide on. One bumper looks better with my lines and one bumper is way more functional as far as cooling goes. \

as soon as i can find good pics i will post them up.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The list so far;

SDB
Darkness
Beast
Scott
Adam (probably)
Ken
Shocker
Blue Vette Sean

Well one of my family Christmas's got postponed til sat. so it looks like I won't be out until a little later.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
Don't worry about anything related to age afterwards, it looks like I'm the only one under 21 and I have plans with a lady friend whenever we get done eating
Okay Nick. I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Well one of my family Christmas's got postponed til sat. so it looks like I won't be out until a little later.
What time do you think you'll be available?

I didn't get any car items. But I did get an XBOX 360.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Teching In

would love to come and have dinner, but i work till 9...so i am out...unless after 9 we can meet up somewhere for drinks, pool, or whatever....or my house for some ps3 or wii action.... let me know
Old 12-26-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Luke,

Good rules I think. Post up the bumper pics, I'll at least give an honest opinion, even if it is a Mustang.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:21 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

The list so far;

SDB
Darkness
Beast
Scott
Adam (probably)
Ken
Shocker
Blue Vette Sean

I have to attend a wedding saturday, so I will not be able to make it. I don't know about Eric or Nasty? I would shoot them a call/text and see what there doing. Also Ben, tell Sean Wall to check his email. Thanks.

Last edited by JPH; 12-26-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SDB
I had power the whole time, but my Comcast has been out since friday..at parents using their internet. Luckily I have lots of DVD's and had some comapany Friday and Saturday night!

God bless strippers with old houses and no heat! God bless them all!

I am going to INdy to work Monday and Tuesday for a charter school, then back up here to check if my Comcast is working!
SBD i herd there was 2 strippers with no heat they where asking me if they could get on your waiting list for a place to crash

Last edited by mightybird; 12-26-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: no need

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!