Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Azar
Stock wastegate with stock turbo. No MBC. I can adjust the arm that opens the wastegate however. I need to do 1 turn to lengthen it and see, if that doesn't work, do a half turn. See what that does.

Ben, what did you do with your wastegate? Maybe we can join our AWD ways and forget about the manufacture war.
I went from a divided exhaust housing. Like this.

And attacked it with some mad porting skills so it looks like this.

So far its cured my boost spiking and creeping. I sit at 12 psi easily with my mbc set. If you want I even made my own mbc if you need another made. The problem with DSM exhaust is when you put on a free flowing exhaust with no cat, it causes the exhaust to go the least path which is the turbine wheel. The wastegate on our cars are small, ~28MM. So porting it to open it up really helps a lot for us. Not unless yours is already undivided.

I'm not worried about manufacturing wars. My car is a turd and I know it. It is just something fun to drive for the winter.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Default car for sale working on details (not mine)

2000 z28 black, leather interior, 16inch wheels, 30,000 some odd miles was a clean car before this guy took it out Saturday morning and put it side ways being cool then hit a sign , went into a 15ft ditch and hit a tree. The car is totaled he wants too sell for around 2500 hundred bucks take the whole car. automatic car, oh AND IT IS A CONVERTIBLE! I am trying to get more details. let me know if any one is interested.
There are a few things I would buy off the car if anyone else bought the car and didn't know what to do with what they didn't want. Like I said let me know.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still run? Damage to engine bay?
Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terry02
2000 z28 black, leather interior, 16inch wheels, 30,000 some odd miles was a clean car before this guy took it out Saturday morning and put it side ways being cool then hit a sign , went into a 15ft ditch and hit a tree. The car is totaled he wants too sell for around 2500 hundred bucks take the whole car. automatic car, oh AND IT IS A CONVERTIBLE! I am trying to get more details. let me know if any one is interested.
There are a few things I would buy off the car if anyone else bought the car and didn't know what to do with what they didn't want. Like I said let me know.
How bad are the rims?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:01 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Need engine parts(rear cover/oil pan/tray/pick up tube/etc..) for my new test mule engine out of that C5. Look for cam test results this spring fellows.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Still run? Damage to engine bay?
Yes it still runs. Supposedly the engine bay is fine. He said that it's mostly cosmetic front and rear whole trunk got ripped off.

Originally Posted by halucinator
How bad are the rims?
not bent,.....at ;least still aired up never dropped pressure

Originally Posted by JPH
Need engine parts(rear cover/oil pan/tray/pick up tube/etc..) for my new test mule engine out of that C5. Look for cam test results this spring fellows.
Well he came back after I talked with his wife and said around 3000$ but he thinks he's got gold, cuz it was soooooo fast! and he keeps seeing LS1's for like 5 grand. I didn't want to waste my breath explaining prices and the values of things, cuz frankly he's a real douche bag hardcore douche bag, but I thought that we all might be able to benefit from him being a real douche with a capital BAG!!

No glass broken, 39,000 miles, good bags, new speakers, The car doesn;t sound as bad now that I've talked to him and not his wife, but wouldn't really know until I looked at it. It is here in the Fort. It was a show car before, so he kept it pretty clean. Frankly I didn;t think he should have won but that's beside the point, he does have many plaques proving his best in show 2000 Z28 with three different accent colors. I'll explain to those who really want to know, but I'm better on the phone for that stuff. I can give you guys his number, but call me first 260-341-2883
Old 12-15-2008, 05:12 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Yes it still runs. Supposedly the engine bay is fine. He said that it's mostly cosmetic front and rear whole trunk got ripped off.

not bent,.....at ;least still aired up never dropped pressure

Well he came back after I talked with his wife and said around 3000$ but he thinks he's got gold, cuz it was soooooo fast! and he keeps seeing LS1's for like 5 grand. I didn't want to waste my breath explaining prices and the values of things, cuz frankly he's a real douche bag hardcore douche bag, but I thought that we all might be able to benefit from him being a real douche with a capital BAG!!

No glass broken, 39,000 miles, good bags, new speakers, The car doesn;t sound as bad now that I've talked to him and not his wife, but wouldn't really know until I looked at it. It is here in the Fort. It was a show car before, so he kept it pretty clean. Frankly I didn;t think he should have won but that's beside the point, he does have many plaques proving his best in show 2000 Z28 with three different accent colors. I'll explain to those who really want to know, but I'm better on the phone for that stuff. I can give you guys his number, but call me first 260-341-2883
Well, I will just come over and take it off of your motor then? LMAO jkjk
Old 12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Terry is this guy selling his optimism too??? stock ls1 for 5k....
Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ben, I think I may have to take you up on the MBC craft day.

Blake, are you going to be using my sumped tank? Thought you were dropping off the welder today so we could talk about it?

Also...I will now be throwing shoes at everyone.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Blake, are you going to be using my sumped tank? Thought you were dropping off the welder today so we could talk about it?

Yea I will have to show what I did for mine some time. Not that hard and only cost me $12 in parts.

That shoe throwing though is what proves that you can't reason with those retards over there.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I heard he ducted to miss the shoe, but who knew he could move that quik
Old 12-15-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Drew,

Yes, I'm planning on using your tank (assuming we can work something out) or I'll just sump mine.

I have the welder in my trunk, I got pulled out at work and didn't get a chance to get over there. I will stop by tomorrow, scouts honor.

Oh, and Bush has a spidey sense apparently.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 12-15-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Coil pack brackets are built.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Coil pack brackets are built.
Looks good

Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

They're also completely isolated from engine heat (it has to travel down the brackets from the fuel rails, which are cooled by fuel) and vibration, and can be removed with two bolts per side.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're also completely isolated from engine heat (it has to travel down the brackets from the fuel rails, which are cooled by fuel) and vibration, and can be removed with two bolts per side.
So each coil is basically floating above the valve cover? Not touching it?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by halucinator
So each coil is basically floating above the valve cover? Not touching it?
Exactly. In theory, it's mo' bettah. It was also much easier to build, since I shaved the mounting tabs off of the covers and I have no brackets, LOL.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly. In theory, it's mo' bettah. It was also much easier to build, since I shaved the mounting tabs off of the covers and I have no brackets, LOL.
At least you don't have to remove a water pump to maintain the ignition like I do.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Launching!

hey whats up guys figured i would come over see whats going on here hey terry i got those pics of the car man looks bad *** you are going to have to email me some larger ones.

whats going on Luke hows the car running doing anything to it this winter ? are you going to the dream cruise this coming year me and t type terry where talking about it the other day about getting things organized .

hey rob whats up man how the bikes coming along ?

mr GM millwright never see ya at work any more im over on A dock near the frame pad i cruise over to body shop the other day to swipe some of the good gloves i went over to your area you must have been out on a call i know paint was having problems most of the day line kept stopping over buy me i herd it was paint again oh well i hope you guys are doing well.

xmas is coming up going to have some time off i would like to see another go cart race at fast track some time long as rob don't use me as his brakes again and just about kill me haha.

I am guessing most of you guys are doing stuff to your cars this winter and some of you i have herd are coming out with new cars i just talked to ricky bobby aka dean looks like he will have a z06 coming out this year with a few tricks done to it.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Blake ,
Are you going to run Power sterring? . I didn't see it in the pics?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!