Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
Crap!.. I forgot about that. I am going to be a maybe right now. I've been working on the car a bit this week getting things finished up. The wife might say I've had enough play time lol.

Blake, that sucks!! I do love my Harbor Freight jack though. Had it for years, never had a problem.
Ya Chris you better finish up your car this weekend!!!!

Hey Blake, post some pics of the damage.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll get some pics tomorrow. There isn't much to see with the parts off the car. Just a naked front unibody, tweaked/chipped fender and cracked side skirt.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I'll get some pics tomorrow. There isn't much to see with the parts off the car. Just a naked front unibody, tweaked/chipped fender and cracked side skirt.
Wow that sucks! Was it the kind of acdelco jack you can get at wally world?

Oh and my headers might finally be going in within the next couple of weeks (after 10 months of owning them).
Old 02-07-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Got a better look at the damage after I cooled off for a bit.

Side skirt is probably repairable, but I will have to grind and re lay some of the fiberglass. Fender has some damage but can be fixed. Going to have to respray the entire fender/skirt area, and fix some damage on the door. Will probably put on my 89-91 bumpers front/rear (still keeps the rear bodykit bits) and newer style lip while I'm at it. There were also a few knicks and such that needed cleaned up anyway I guess.

Hopefully I can fix this without bankrupting me. :/
Don't worry about ANY of the body work, just get me the pieces and I'll have it taken care of ASAP.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Teching In

Blake sorry to hear about your damage, be thankful that you were not underneath the car. This is a lesson to all, make sure that you use your jackstands and that your roll pins are all straight and not broken. We had an air jack get stupid at work a while back and it was an eye opening experience.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

Luke, the wife requistioned me for a date, so I'm afraid I'm otherwise obligated. I'm up for any other time (except the 21st) though.

So, who wants to hear a story. It's not a good story, but it's a story none the less...

Decided to take the RX7 down to the alignment shop tomorrow. Nice day, needs an alignment, why not, right?

I figure before I drive 30 minutes to the shop, I should get the last details done and check a few things.

Put the car up in the air to check all my bolts/brakes/etc before I took it around the block. Pulled the wheel (lugs finger tight) to check on the brakes/steering cotter pins, etc. Got up (after pulling wheel) to get a jackstand, so that I could get the rest of the car up.

Wheel breaks off of jack. Jack falls. Drops car. Sideskirt completely trashed.

Great. Just ******* great. Now I have 30-40 hours of body work + new side skirt + paint. Excellent.

On a positive note, my EGT gauge is working. Apparently it just needed the car it was mounted on dropped 3'.

I'm too disgusted to look under the car, but it didn't hit the hotside/coldside piping, and I'm not leaking any fluids, so it looks like the side skirt took the brunt of it.

Oh, and it was my AC Delco jack that failed. My Harbor freight jack works like a champ.

Fan-*******-tastic.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Nick,
I have a new license plate for you I found on the intraweb

"FKROTRS"
Old 02-07-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Nick,
I have a new license plate for you I found on the intraweb

"FKROTRS"
HAHA, nice. Are you goin to wings tonight? Or do you want me to swing by your place sometime and pick my turbo and IC up?
Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
HAHA, nice. Are you goin to wings tonight? Or do you want me to swing by your place sometime and pick my turbo and IC up?
I'll be there. Wings ETC off 37 at 7 correct?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tunedports10
I'll be there. Wings ETC off 37 at 7 correct?
Yessir!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nick, will do.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

How was the meet?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Azar
How was the meet?
It was great, I had a blast!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Come on CTS-V LEE weres the video of the Hummer blasting thru the plowed drifts? We all need to see it
Old 02-09-2009, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, halfway down the page now.. we're slacking!

I got my fender/liner fixed and reinstalled so that the car is drivable now. Took it around the block and started tweaking the tune.

So far I've found that I need some colder plugs (knew that already) and that it comes into boost FAST. A 50% throttle roll in 5th gear shot me up to 7 lbs (what my spring in the wastegate is rated at) QUICKLY. Much quicker then I expected. The tune isn't real solid yet, so I got out of it quick, didn't expect that to happen so fast.

Beyond the new custom body redecoration and nasty tune, it's coming along... few more warm weeks and I might be able to get the tune dialed.

How's everyone else's winter projects going?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
It was great, I had a blast!
......I hate you so much.

I got my fender/liner fixed and reinstalled so that the car is drivable now. Took it around the block and started tweaking the tune.

So far I've found that I need some colder plugs (knew that already) and that it comes into boost FAST. A 50% throttle roll in 5th gear shot me up to 7 lbs (what my spring in the wastegate is rated at) QUICKLY. Much quicker then I expected. The tune isn't real solid yet, so I got out of it quick, didn't expect that to happen so fast.

Beyond the new custom body redecoration and nasty tune, it's coming along... few more warm weeks and I might be able to get the tune dialed.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

I still need to order all my parts. Lulz.

EDIT: Where's Bojrab?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/private-s...3500-00-a.html

Last edited by Azar; 02-09-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds cool, sorry about your mishap with the Jack. We've had a couple close calls, rested the vette on our firestorm drill (made by black and decker) ooops! but we usually use a couple of saftey stands and jacks. Our sears jack is about 25 years old or better, and we just rebuilt it for preventative purposes, our 1yr old meijer 2000lbs jack isn't the greatest for ease of use but it has helped in areas of concern when you thought that you needed just a little more security. I want a lift so bad!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmm.... I should probaby go with a bigger one then
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, let's see where we get with this one first.

We'll position it in a manner that a T4 to T6 adapter can be fitted later if necessary.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOL, let's see where we get with this one first.

We'll position it in a manner that a T4 to T6 adapter can be fitted later if necessary.
If it spooled up that quick on a 327, it'll spool up and max out way to fast on a 370. I'm gonna try and sell it while it's still new and talk with the guys at forced inductions about what to get

Last edited by The Beast; 02-09-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!