Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
No way man! No vid, no proof LOL.
LMAO!!

Beaver you know what that means

Time to do it again
Old 02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe KY speed fucked up and JUST NOW shipped my lifters I bought a week ago, so we're gonna have to put doing anything on the motor this weekend on hold
Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to learn to take pretty pictures like Azar. What do you guys think?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
LMAO!!

Time to do it again
Sweet jesus, let me go and I'll film it..edit it...and post it within 24 hours of it happening, shiet. Shocker told me the tale, and it sounded like the first EPIC event of 09.

Originally Posted by The Beast
Joe KY speed fucked up and JUST NOW shipped my lifters I bought a week ago, so we're gonna have to put doing anything on the motor this weekend on hold
Sweet. Let's go race some people in the PPE.

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Trying to learn to take pretty pictures like Azar. What do you guys think?
Look good man, did you just use one picture for the HDR or a composite of 3? I typically cheat and do 1 then use a program for HDR simulation.

The last one would be completely money if we could get someone to p'shop that light out of your window...you'd be totally made in the shade my man.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Drew,

They're all 3-5 photos, shot at different exposures on my fancy new 9.95 Wal-Mart tripod.

That damn light was driving me nuts, it kept turning on and off between shots. LOL

Right now I'm trying to to focus on getting the exposure right and figuring out white balance. I was also told to follow "the rule of thirds" but a guy on a photog site. Never heard of it before, but it makes sense.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

Blake I have a copy of photoshop Ive been playing with. Haven't quite mastered it, but if you had a copy of the photo or a digital download of it, (that you didn' t mind losing) I might be able to play with it and try to get that light out.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Terry,

I appreciate the offer, but I'm actually a pretty good photoshopper myself (I run CS4 at home). The shot would be better with the light out, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to be worth the effort. I really need to fix the white balance on the composite shots for the HDR before I worry toooooo much about fixing the other stuff.

If you want one to play with to try and see if you can do it, I'll send you a copy of the high res (4000x3000 pixels) and you can see what you can do.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Terry,

I appreciate the offer, but I'm actually a pretty good photoshopper myself (I run CS4 at home). The shot would be better with the light out, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to be worth the effort. I really need to fix the white balance on the composite shots for the HDR before I worry toooooo much about fixing the other stuff.

If you want one to play with to try and see if you can do it, I'll send you a copy of the high res (4000x3000 pixels) and you can see what you can do.
yeah that'd be cool! Thanks! sending PM
Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Drew,

They're all 3-5 photos, shot at different exposures on my fancy new 9.95 Wal-Mart tripod.

That damn light was driving me nuts, it kept turning on and off between shots. LOL

Right now I'm trying to to focus on getting the exposure right and figuring out white balance. I was also told to follow "the rule of thirds" but a guy on a photog site. Never heard of it before, but it makes sense.
Look at you! Doin actual HDR! Good work man!

The rule of thirds is a basic composure rule that I follow for the most part...like your first picture I woulda put the car in the lower left hand third, but the second pic i would have kept it the way it is....maybe allign the camera to shoot straight down the white line on the ground instead of off the side...but ******* great shots man. I may have some competition!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Azar

The rule of thirds is a basic composure rule that I follow for the most part...like your first picture I woulda put the car in the lower left hand third, but the second pic i would have kept it the way it is....maybe allign the camera to shoot straight down the white line on the ground instead of off the side...but ******* great shots man. I may have some competition!
You do wedding photos too drew?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azar

Thanks for the compliments. I think I have a lot of practice ahead of me before I'm much threat to you though.

Having a tripod is damned handy though. I never knew that I could get one for so cheap. Perhaps I should've looked earlier. Proper exposure sure helps my night shooting a lot, LOL.

Perhaps sometime you can show me how to fix white balance? Is that even possible if I'm not shooting in RAW?

edit: Here is a copy of the under the bridge shot, non HDR. I thought the lighting came out pretty good considering what I had to work with...

Last edited by digitalsolo; 02-06-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
LMAO!!

Time to do it again
i am all up for that......but i would like to have the "big jump" vid at the auto mall posted so i can really see it...does anyone realize how hard it is to bottom out a H2? NEED THE VID
Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Chris and Blake, you guys still coming out to Wings etc on Saturday @7pm? Anybody else interested, let me know.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
No way man! No vid, no proof LOL.
I was in the passenger seat ,it happened LOL
Old 02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Chris and Blake, you guys still coming out to Wings etc on Saturday @7pm? Anybody else interested, let me know.
Luke, the wife requistioned me for a date, so I'm afraid I'm otherwise obligated. I'm up for any other time (except the 21st) though.

So, who wants to hear a story. It's not a good story, but it's a story none the less...

Decided to take the RX7 down to the alignment shop tomorrow. Nice day, needs an alignment, why not, right?

I figure before I drive 30 minutes to the shop, I should get the last details done and check a few things.

Put the car up in the air to check all my bolts/brakes/etc before I took it around the block. Pulled the wheel (lugs finger tight) to check on the brakes/steering cotter pins, etc. Got up (after pulling wheel) to get a jackstand, so that I could get the rest of the car up.

Wheel breaks off of jack. Jack falls. Drops car. Sideskirt completely trashed.

Great. Just ******* great. Now I have 30-40 hours of body work + new side skirt + paint. Excellent.

On a positive note, my EGT gauge is working. Apparently it just needed the car it was mounted on dropped 3'.

I'm too disgusted to look under the car, but it didn't hit the hotside/coldside piping, and I'm not leaking any fluids, so it looks like the side skirt took the brunt of it.

Oh, and it was my AC Delco jack that failed. My Harbor freight jack works like a champ.

Fan-*******-tastic.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Drew,

If you want to get even better, try doing "the rule of ninths". Also, you could try taking pictures there again in the spring when it's actually sunny outside too. I'm actually taking a photography class this semester. Because I still don't know what I want to do for college!!!!

Last edited by red01camaroz28; 02-06-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Luke, the wife requistioned me for a date, so I'm afraid I'm otherwise obligated. I'm up for any other time (except the 21st) though.

So, who wants to hear a story. It's not a good story, but it's a story none the less...

Decided to take the RX7 down to the alignment shop tomorrow. Nice day, needs an alignment, why not, right?

I figure before I drive 30 minutes to the shop, I should get the last details done and check a few things.

Put the car up in the air to check all my bolts/brakes/etc before I took it around the block. Pulled the wheel (lugs finger tight) to check on the brakes/steering cotter pins, etc. Got up (after pulling wheel) to get a jackstand, so that I could get the rest of the car up.

Wheel breaks off of jack. Jack falls. Drops car. Sideskirt completely trashed.

Great. Just ******* great. Now I have 30-40 hours of body work + new side skirt + paint. Excellent.

On a positive note, my EGT gauge is working. Apparently it just needed the car it was mounted on dropped 3'.

I'm too disgusted to look under the car, but it didn't hit the hotside/coldside piping, and I'm not leaking any fluids, so it looks like the side skirt took the brunt of it.

Oh, and it was my AC Delco jack that failed. My Harbor freight jack works like a champ.

Fan-*******-tastic.
Wow that sucks!!! Sorry to hear about that, good thing it didn't do anything to your turbo setup!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Crap!.. I forgot about that. I am going to be a maybe right now. I've been working on the car a bit this week getting things finished up. The wife might say I've had enough play time lol.

Blake, that sucks!! I do love my Harbor Freight jack though. Had it for years, never had a problem.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got a better look at the damage after I cooled off for a bit.

Side skirt is probably repairable, but I will have to grind and re lay some of the fiberglass. Fender has some damage but can be fixed. Going to have to respray the entire fender/skirt area, and fix some damage on the door. Will probably put on my 89-91 bumpers front/rear (still keeps the rear bodykit bits) and newer style lip while I'm at it. There were also a few knicks and such that needed cleaned up anyway I guess.

Hopefully I can fix this without bankrupting me. :/

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!